Author Topic: CSS Results for January 8  (Read 2510 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for January 8
« on: January 08, 2007, 02:39:15 PM »
Results were all over the board today, probably because the prizes were fairly random for the most part. SC1 was more than almost any of us thought (the Chrysler 300 Touring starts around $29K, but the trip to Paris and the handbags must have been more than we realized). Fireball bid quite well on it, but alas his bid doesn't count as he overbid the other showcase, along with nine friends.

SC2 was one of those "is that it?" showcases. Furniture, patio furniture, and a spa. Some of us figured it to be cheap, some a bit too cheap, but ten of us too much.

sideshowPA picks up a DSW and win today, just $64 away from the spa and a decent bid (among all of them) today on the car. catfan2002 also DSWd the spa but rather garfed the car. Pathfinder20 had the best survivng bid on the car and claims almost $40K in cash for that.

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for January 8, 2007 -- Game 71
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: CSS Results for January 8
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 02:41:24 PM »
Yikes!  It's a good thing I sat this one out... :-D  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 02:44:45 PM »
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 02:55:39 PM »
Mo money, mo money, mo money....
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline siowafc

• 11/15/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 03:01:30 PM »
(inserts sound of massive implosion)

3 overbids in a row... X__X

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 03:03:09 PM »
whew..  i was afraid my spa bid wasn't cheapo enough.. that survival makes my garfing-more-than-i-thought on the car  not as annoying heheh  :) cgts to you 3 with wins today!!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »

siowafc wrote:
(inserts sound of massive implosion)

3 overbids in a row... X__X

Oh please, 3 overbids in a row is nothing.  I mounted 11 consecutive overbids one time last season.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 03:21:39 PM »
Did well on the furniture, but garfed the car.  Not bad for a day's work though
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 04:14:46 PM »
Oh wow, I had no idea that many people did better than me on the furniture. Good for them. Not a bad day for me, but I'm disappointed I didn't do better on the car. Would've made my great furniture bid mean more. The good thing is, it pulls me to within 17-15 of Armadillo. I'm starting a comeback this week. :-)