Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 1/14/2013  (Read 11454 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: TPiR Recap - 1/14/2013
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 04:29:07 PM »
The entire episode is on CBS.com already for anyone who wants to watch / anyone who got pre-empted.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_price_is_right/video/940D01D3-384A-7FAA-11B0-31637A04D4BD/the-price-is-right-1-14-2013
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 04:29:28 PM »
Uninformed, unnecessary, nonsense and, ultimately, ignorant quote removed.
But why the hate? First off all, it was about two important issues and recent events. Second of all, we got through half the show before it cut away and because of that the whole thing will be up on CBS.com this evening right now. Yeah, their player sucks, but it shouldn't be that hard to navigate through.

You might be disappointed that he interrupted us, but there is no need to say you hate it. It was a kind of important issue, no matter how you think he or the government is handling it.

Good post JJ, thanks for that, keep up your good posting and naysaying of poor judgement. ~Prizes
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:53:56 PM by prizes22 »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 04:42:39 PM »
I can honestly say I fully enjoyed what of the show I got to see. The contestants were great, the games, the prizes...

It was a thrill in general to see Golden Road show up out of the blue and sure it would've been nice had it been won but I had fun watching it anyway.

Drew kinda threw me off when he said Double Cross hasnt been played that much because I dont know if its just me or it seems its had a fair bit of playtime so far since its debut. Or was this an episode that was tapes months ago and is only being aired now?

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 04:59:42 PM »
Thank you CBS for putting the show up early today.

Mike Richards once again was obnoxious in the SCs, sexing up a Mini Cooper convertible about 8-10k beyond what it usually is and possibly also Montana. But he paid the price thinking there was no way a MOTORCYCLE SHOWCASE would be overed. It's MOTORCYCLES, sometimes they're way overpriced and that's exactly what Ryan did.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 05:02:40 PM »
It was a thrill in general to see Golden Road show up out of the blue

Admittedly, it wasn't out of the blue to me.  On Friday morning, I PMd Flerbert and SteveGavazzi that I had a feeling that Golden Road would show up.  I was only one day off, which is pretty damn good.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 05:12:59 PM »
Admittedly, it wasn't out of the blue to me.  On Friday morning, I PMd Flerbert and SteveGavazzi that I had a feeling that Golden Road would show up.  I was only one day off, which is pretty damn good.

Same for me as well. There was a set of photos going around showing Rob modeling some stuff for the Thanksgiving Show, which included a rehearsal picture of him modeling the Mercedes. Since it didn't show up then, I assumed it would show up today, the PM Taping from that tape day.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 05:42:58 PM »
This is the first time I have seen Golden Road in quite some time...what happened to the traditional red/blue prize canisters? Have they gone the way of the 1970s music cues?

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 05:50:42 PM »
This is the first time I have seen Golden Road in quite some time...what happened to the traditional red/blue prize canisters? Have they gone the way of the 1970s music cues?
Probably... that's the same quad cove as in Bonus & Shell now.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »
I completely forgot to mention this. What an interesting use of the quad cove and cool it is to really get a wide shot. They haven't used the large rainbow coves in quite some time, but they used a mini one when an iPad was the first prize last February.

Looking at the showcases, it comes to my attention that Mini Coopers are often underpriced. A unique circumstance from the norm. The cheapest one is like 19K which automatically made her bid off by some. Now that didn't matter because this was a new Mini Cooper and because the other guy was over, but I thought it was interesting to note. Holy cow, though, as I did not know Mini Cooper had released a high end car. I thought the most expensive they got was 30K.

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 06:03:30 PM »
Apologies on the delay, recap posted.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 06:06:51 PM »
Today's Mini Cooper convertible was A) a Roadster trim, a bit higher than the usual one, B) a Roadster S, a $3000 higher level of that trim, C) bunch of sexed up options that you would expect in... well, Golden Road today, but not a SC.

All because Mike wanted to flaunt it thinking it had no chance of being won. It's these types of poor judgment that really hurt the budget.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 06:17:16 PM »
Well, really didn't miss much at all in this partial show. After Golden Road, the show was completely ordinary (Cliff was won, shocker! Double Cross was won, shocker! Gas Money was lost, shocker! Sexed up SCs, shocking!). It is a shame though about Golden Road, as that is truly the easiest setup we have had in this era. 7598 is about as easy as you can make the 2nd prize given the fakes that were there, and while the fake on the Mercedes was still the low one, as 5 it had a decent chance of being picked anyway.

It was really disappointing to see Cliff yet again in the 3rd slot today. There are so many underplayed regular SP and GP games that could have shown up in that slot instead.

Timings:
Golden Road (6) - 6:09
Freeze Frame (4) - 3:47
Cliff Hangers (4.5) - 4:55
Double Cross (4) - 3:31
Gas Money (5.5) - 4:27
Flip Flop (3.5) - 2:57
Total (27.5): 25:46

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 06:32:58 PM »
It was really disappointing to see Cliff yet again in the 3rd slot today. There are so many underplayed regular SP and GP games that could have shown up in that slot instead.
I am absolutely shocked that Bonus Game has received such a short stick this season and disappointed Shell, Grocery, or Bullseye hasn't taken its place and Cliff has, when it was already played a lot. Very disappointing it has now been played less than 3 Strikes and Golden Road. Kind of inexcusable, in my eyes.

Cliff was played nineteen times last season. So far this season, it has twelve playings. That means it's looking at a 20+ playing season. Wow. By this time last season, Bonus Game was played seven times. I like how they've mixed up the game rotations in a lot of places, but I don't think it or Shell should've gotten the short stick because of it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:36:07 PM by thepriceis_J »

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 08:09:47 PM »
As for what I saw, nice wins on Double Cross & Cliffhangers! :-)

I also thought for sure Golden Road was going to be fully won. 

Is this the first time that Gas Money was played for a truck?

What I saw was not too bad overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 11:58:50 PM »
I found it interesting that Gas Money actually has a card that says "TRUCK" for the truck. I also found it interesting that today's contestant actually started out by going for the higher prices. Unfortunately, she then jumped to the lowest price afterwards and lost anyways, but considering most would probably wipeout, she made the game a bit more interesting than it normally is.