Author Topic: Lag/problems connecting?  (Read 7909 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: Lag/problems connecting?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 06:15:36 PM »
I notice it coincided with the banal poetry trend in the recap threads.   Moral of the story: poetry causes server crashes.  :P

Actually the poetry started a couple months ago, and server issues have happened sporadically for a while now, however these past few days have been pretty bad during the 11 O'Clock Hour.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 08:06:43 PM »
Wait... Isn't 11 o'clock when many of us are in the Chatroom discussing the show.
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 08:08:29 PM »
Wait... Isn't 11 o'clock when many of us are in the Chatroom discussing the show.
HMMMM... I wonder, has Price is Right been at 11am for all these years, or have I been imagining it's been that and it's really been 10am or something? :rolleyes:
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »
Ah yes the sarcasm.  11am if you are on the east coast.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 08:48:08 PM »
Over the next week I'm going to be performing a number of tests, temporary changes, etc. to make doubly sure that the problem isn't coming from the site installation itself.  Any missing site functionality in that time can be chalked up to this.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 08:35:08 PM »
There have been reports of outages tonight, roughly 8:30p ET. Same problem as before.  Chat isn't in use, neither is search, so those two features can now be ruled out.   I've reverted to the old theme to see if that's the root cause. I'll leave the site in retro mode for a few days and see what happens.