Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/09/2007  (Read 24885 times)

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/09/2007
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 06:04:04 PM »
Hey All

This was the episode I got to see in person, and it was a lot of fun!

Kimberley and her friends lined up right behind me around 4am or so, and we chit chatted throughout the process. He t-shirt caught my eye on the spot. I knew she'd get called down because she showed a lot of energy and ethusiasm outside. And yes she's a Loyal Friend And True. We also met Lisa and Diane out there, and we all wound up sitting together in the last set of benches outside the studio due to the seating order there.

Lisa drove up with her Marine friends from San Diego. During Rich's warm-up she was called on stage along with a few others to do the "Price is Right Dancers" routine, which is where they danced to various dance tunes, including Crystal Waters' "Come On Down". Funny stuff!

Diane was there with her grandparents. It was an extended 18th birthday celebration for her.

Heelsrule1988 wrote:

Bidding Round #3- #116, Diane! And she gets up on stage, meaning it's the incredibly rare... HEELS SEMI-MEMORIAL ALL-HOTTIE SHOWDOWN!

I thought about you guys when that happened.  :-D  Heh Heh.

Clearance Sale was the first and last game I tried to play along with. I was so excited that I couldn't think.

Lucky $even was a great playing, I screamed myself hoarse after Kim won. There was a guy sitting next to me that was on his 18th visit to the show, and his help on the prices here and in the showcase was invaluable.

Flip-Flop: We got a loud "FLOP" chant going. Easy setup.

Pass The Buck: The car was at the opposite end... :-(

Plinko: Is it unusual at all for Plinko to be slotted fifth? I thought it was funny at the time.

Magic #: Carl wasn't wrong for having his fun with the "Geezmo". We freaked out thinking that he'd gone too high, but he would've won no matter where he left that thing. Too many contestants not even cracking $1k has left me "trained".

Showcases: I thought Carl went over when he bid, but being bad on boats I wasn't sure until Bob revealed the ARP's. Kim cleaned up today!

I came out on camera a few times when the camera was panning the audience as Rich was calling names, particularly when Roberto and Judith were called. I was in the red TPiR shirt with a black cap. When Kim's friends were shown, I was right next to them, but just off camera to the right. It was a lot of fun, and I hope to eventually go again.

I wrote about my experiences going thru processing, it's here: http://www.golden-road.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1544&forum=4

Excellent show as far as I'm concerned  :-D

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 07:06:50 PM »
Good show.

For whatever reason, I especially enjoyed the Act 1 One Bid for the TV which had video of a show opening.  I'm not sure if I just haven't been paying close enough attention, but the timing on that shot with the logo and Bob entering through the doors on TV was just REALLY cool!
John

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 09:23:41 PM »
Clearance Sale-Lisa play that poorly.

Lucky Seven Kimberly play that very well.

Flip Flop- A nice way too end the first half.

Pass The Buck-Karina played that well it too bad she won nothing.

Plinko-$2,000 isn't too bad at all.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 09:54:15 PM »
CS: Poorly played.

Lucky 7: Kimberly was sure enjoyable and her reaction to Bob's "Hair Dryer" joke was Priceless. She played very well and for a person who learned it all from the DVD game, Why not does she deserve a new car?

Flip Flop: Nice win.

PTB: Poor Karina. Luck just didn't give her a fair shot and saying she wanted to stay with Bob was a hoot.

Plinko: $2K win...Very well.

Magic #: Carl just wanted to drive Bob nuts messing with the "Geezmo". Win was pretty much predictable.

Showcases: I also remember the old "Pirates" showcases in the 80's (I have an ep. w/ that showcase from '83) and its good to see a little retro showcase theme around today. Kimberly, Start building a 2-car garage because you could use it. Great Job.

This show deserved the perfect score for excited players and Bob being in a great mood. It's a 5-Star!!!

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 09:56:32 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6630
Today is the 94th anniversary of President Richard Nixon's birth.  The CBS Price is Right debuted under Nixon presidency.

Pirate Booty, not Josh Booty
Apple Desktop Computer - $1,699
Danby Silhouette 51-bottle Wine Cooler - $999
Reinell Beachcraft 185 18' Ski Boat - $19,570?  So that's a 2007 model.  And I'm predicting, that for the 2008 model year, the Reinell 18' 185 will be more than $20,000.

Brooke Shields' Showcase
Assorted Paperback Comic Books, and they're from Marvel Comics for crying out loud! - It's $220.
Trip to Vero Beach, Florida - If you go back to February 10, 2005, that was the last trip to Vero Beach/Dodgertown, and it was taped two years ago tomorrow.  This means that if you do not count tape dates, there were no trips to Vero Beach in 2006 or in Season 34. These trips to Dodgertown are still pretty damn expensive today, like $10,444.
2007 Dodge Magnum, and one of them would be driven by Brooke Shields. - $24,275

Modeling Report Card for January 9, 2007
Score to beat:  $69,474

With 6,613,200 pennies marked "E Pluribus Unum", Rachel's fans across America are going crazy!

Those are 25 prizes, and this is $167,192.  Yeah, right.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 10:11:43 PM »
Clearance Sale: The second Lisa put $1000 on garden tools, I knew it was a loss.

Lujcky 7: A LFaT indeed, and that price seemed easy.

Flip Flop: Flopping was all you can do here.

Pass the Buck: a tough pill to swallow for Corina.Luck wasn't on her side.

Plinko: Darn...another lowball win.

Magic Number: I would have won this by setting this at $2000.

Schocases: Kimberly cleaned house today.  I said $30,000 on the car.  I severely overshot the ski boat, bidding $35,000.

A fun show today.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 12:16:43 AM »
Did anyone else think it was kind of strange to see the end of the opening, and then see it again (albeit from a different episode) on a television set about 30 seconds later?  It was neat, don't get me wrong...but they might not want to do that on the first Item up for Bids again.

Clearance Sale was probably not going to be won today.

Speaking of Clearance Sale...is "Garden Tools" really an appropriate label for a lawn mower?

I know I always say this, but there really is nothing like a Lucky $even win.

Bob and Kimberly's conversation before Lucky $even was hilarious.  Actually, pretty much everything about Kimberly was good -- she was a wonderful contestant.

And who was the guy standing behind Kimberly after her Lucky $even win, just before the show went to commercial?

Rich's affirmation that there would indeed be an all-male Contestants' Row today was fantastic.

I don't normally get that excited over Plinko...but when it showed up fifth today...that was just awesome.

And ya know, Plinko was a little odd today...it seems weird for all the chips to land in $500.

I wonder if they were hearkening back to the old Pirate Ship showcase today.  I'd like to think that wasn't just a coincidence.

Ferdy9338 wrote:

Plinko: Is it unusual at all for Plinko to be slotted fifth?

Very.  In fact, it hardly gets played in the second half at all anymore.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 02:43:26 AM »
Clearance Sale:  Remind me never to go shopping for garden tools; I don't think that Roger wanted this won today.

Lucky Seven:  Whoa!  Kimberley played it bee-au-ti-ful-ly; she DESERVED to win that car.

Flip-Flop:  Easy pickin's.

Pass The Buck:  Owwie...that's a tough one to swallow; Karina played well.

Plinko:  WHOA!  Where did this come from?   :-D

Magic #:  Easy win today.

Showcases:  Another friggin' random boat...I love 'em!  (And yes, my sarcasm-o-meter is on...)

My Bids:
Dodge Magnum:  $26,000 ($8,939)
Friggin' Random Boat:  $30,000  [color=FF0000](D'oh!  OVER yet again...)[/color]
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 06:24:01 AM »
Kimberley's been the best contestant all year so far!  Course, I suppose the year just started... but she was great!  Her confusion over why Bob would ask if she'd like to win a hairdryer--and Bob changing it to a coffee maker after realizing what just happened!  Kimberley saying how she got the DVD game for her birthday, and had been practicing Lucky $even--it was an easy price, but I believe her anyway.  Great to see her win the car, and another in the showcase... even able to sneak into the showcase car at the end of the show!  So great to see such a great contestant do so well!

Corina seemed pretty nice too, though.  Just had atrocious luck with her game, really.  Considering Bob's big buildup--and that the first Lose Everything was found behind #4--I was really surprised when #1 turned out to have the other one!  Just ouch there.

Dang... I can't remember anyone ever playing Magic Number like Carl today!  I mean, I'm thrilled that he wasn't trying to get the magic number just barely over the price of the treadmill, like most contestants would've done, but when he started pushing into the upper 2000s, I thougt he might actually go over!  Really, with as much as he kept playing with the leever, I kinda' wonder if he was just having fun playing with it.  Hard to really blame him if that is what he was doing.

Fukuoka304 wrote:  And, somebody finally remembered how to play FLIP FLOP the right way, and won, and no mishaps this time. How about that?!!

It's not really that rare.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 09:13:44 PM »
Fairly good show. I knew Lisa lost Clearance Sale when she put $2800 on the garden equipment. I would have put $1000 on the equipment, but that is one cheap drum set.

Kimberley was just awesome altogether! A loyal fan and true, and funny about her reaction to having the chance to win a hair dryer, then a coffee maker, then shouting Plinko! I believed it too for a second, but her reaction to seeing the car was amusing. And she played it beautifully, I might add. I guess practing with the DVD game really helped. The price was easy, but she deserved to win the car.

Flip Flop was easy too. There was no way that bed was over $5000.

The products were easy in Pass the Buck today, and poor Corina, she looked like a good contestant, and Bob really added the suspense on, only to find out she lost her $1000. What stinks more is that she originally was thinking 2, which had $5000, but her friends talked her out of it. Too bad.

All of the small prizes in Plinko were easy, except the CD player. I said the 2 as well. Weird how all of Benjamin's chips landed in the $500 slots. But $2000 isn't bad.

I thought Judith had the perfect bid on that hockey table, but Carl got it, and he seemed amused with the Magic # game, going up and down. For a second I thought he would go up to $3000, which would be too expensive. But Carl made the right choice. My number was $2000.

Best Contestant- Kimberley

Showcase #1- $25,733
Difference- OVER

Showcase #2- $29,269
Difference- $5670

• In the Audience
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2007, 10:16:24 PM »
Not bad show.

Offline TPIRFan1986

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 04:05:36 PM »
This is in fact, one of the BEST TPiR episodes I've ever seen (3rd best behind the season premiere and Bob's last show). Big bucks day, I believe!

Clearance: Hmmm, I think that needed improvement. I believe Roger set this one up for a loss. How could he? :evil:

Lucky: I couldn't stop laughing when Bob joked about Kimberley's hair and asking if she would like to win a hair dryer and then a coffee maker. :lol: :D It ends, though, when she won. Pay attention to heelsrule1988, folks; his post clearly said that she might be one of the best contestants this season. When she won the car, I couldn't stop smiling. What a win by a LFaT!

Flip: I agreed with Diane to flop. It paid off, too. :)

Pass: OWWWWW! Two "Lose Everything"s on both picks?  :cry:

Plinko: Not a bad playing--I think Judge or the other 2 that bested him should've shown Ben how it's done.

Geezmo: The winning streak for this game continues, though I do have to agree with heels that Carl was just playing with the machine.  :lol: :D

Showcase #1: Carl, what were you thinking?! Ummm, does $34,000 count as a :wotc: ? I'm quite sure that that :frbs: did NOT cost $34,000. Every time I try to bid on the :frbs: es, I slip up and go OVER.

Showcase #2: Besides the Chrysler 300, the Dodge Magnum is one of my favorite cars to win in the Showcase, but what would be her reaction if she got a :dsw: ? My jaw literally dropped in awe after hearing the result of this Showcase. Enjoy your new cars! :D

GoldenBulldog wrote:

Clearance Sale: Remind me never to go shopping for garden tools; I don't think that Roger wanted this won today.

That's what I thought. Sometimes I just don't get why Roger has to be so evil.

SteveGavazzi wrote:

And who was the guy standing behind Kimberly after her Lucky $even win, just before the show went to commercial?

I'm not exactly sure...I was thinking Roger, or maybe a nearby cameraman or a stagehand (I know there are so many, but I have no idea who)?

Jacob Wilkey wrote:

Assorted Paperback Comic Books, and they're from Marvel Comics for crying out loud! - It's $220.

[color=FF0000]*MRRRRP*[/color] It's $223. I did some calcluating this evening, so $223 + $10,444 + $24,275 + $24,270 = $59,212.
Season 41...
TPIRFan1986's Season 41 DSW Counter: 2
TPIRFan1986's Double Overbid Counter: 5