Author Topic: TheGRVOfLightning's Price Is Right - Episode 2  (Read 7804 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: TheGRVOfLightning's Price Is Right - Episode 2
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2013, 12:08:59 PM »
Showcases like that might try to be funny, or something, I don't really know. However, they end up actually just making a mockery out of HYO's. If you're going to host a HYO, there should be some professionalism involved. No no, I'm not saying it has to be like a job and you need to prepare and do this and that, just a little professionalism goes a long way. After all, if everyone just makes a goofy show for the heck of it, that takes space up from people who worked hard into creating their HYO and makes them wait extra weeks or months. That's just my humble opinion on the matter.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2013, 12:32:37 PM »
Showcases like that might try to be funny, or something, I don't really know. However, they end up actually just making a mockery out of HYO's. If you're going to host a HYO, there should be some professionalism involved.
In fairness, there was one HYO emcee who did several shows built around the concept of strange prizes (I recall that one such prize was a casket). However, that was done competently.

As for this episode, it is certainly not high-quality but it is not down to the level of "Ilovesuperball's half hour MDS" either.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:44:20 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is the best car game.
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2013, 04:28:05 PM »
Thank you for the comments and trust me there won't be a $100 Million showcase in my show for a LONG time.
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: Norfolk Admirals, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, AFL (USA): LA Kiss, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United