Author Topic: Game Show Garbage  (Read 29314 times)

Offline Snuffleupagus

• In Contestant's Row
Game Show Garbage
« on: January 26, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »
http://gameshowgarbage.com/ind139_thegoldenfanbois.html

This is...interesting. Please, try to keep the fights to a minimum.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:53:30 PM by Seth »

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Well...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 07:43:12 PM »
Well as my mother used to say, "Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone is entitles to them and they all stink."

HEY! I'm in one of the pictures!
I support The Price is Right.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »
I'm sorry, but this is the most poorly written depiction of GR I have ever seen, save from people who ACTUALLY HAD experience with this site.

I know this place has not been sunshine and lollipops, but this is atrocious...especially in the research (For example, it claims Steve has been a mod for years and can ban people...)

Not to mention that facts were ripped from Encyclopedia Dramatica of all places...granted, the ED article does hit the nail on several, is actually pretty funny, but if you're actually going to write an article about why you don't like GR.net, you don't take tons of facts from ED, because most of it is exaggerated.

Just blah.

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:02:05 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the same people that drew up that Encyclopedia Dramatica page (upon which I was both amused and horrified that I was singled out) are the same people that drafted this Game Show Garbage business.

I mean, I don't agree with a lot of the things people say on this site, but to publish it elsewhere and claim from an outsider's point of view how ridiculous it is?  It doesn't even seem joking, just mean-spirited.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't have Asperger's, autism, or any sort of disorder whatsoever, and to have someone assume that of me is incredibly disturbing.  Far more disturbing, however, is the realization that people pretend others have a disability, making it okay to ridicule them over the internet.  What in the hell?

I mean, I shouldn't be mad.  It's just someone else's opinion, but it still does bother me.  This goes completely against all these "remember what you say; there are people behind these posts" threads we've seen even during my 30-day ban.  This serves no purpose other than to promote a sense of superiority over others with the only goal being smug self-satisfaction.

For shame.

...is that eloquent enough for you, he who has it out for me?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:05:07 PM by DJTorgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 08:02:35 PM »
Ruining a great show just because it isn't what it used to be and many other facepalm-worthy moments that make normal game show fans look terrible
I like this line. I like how one fan site, that the show doesn't acknowledge on-air or through show production, is ruining a great show. As if the even half of the shows viewers come here after watching the show and are disgusted by the fans. This site can't be heard if you aren't here to read it.

This is...more of the same old, same old. Like Guint said, I felt like I was reading Encyclopedia Dramatica again.

I like how an email about two posters is supposed to really hammer the point home of how terrible this site is and how the fanbase has no soul. 2 out of a thousand isn't exactly the best sampling size, but I didn't major in Probability.

Again...same old, same old. A lot of this is old news. A lot of it was in the past. But leaving things in the past is hard for some folks. I thought the site's changed since then, but what do I know. Oh well.

EDIT: DJ's post also made me realize something. A lot of the criticism of this site is far more worse that the criticism hurled at the show. Two wrongs don't make a right kind of applies here.

EDIT 2: I also like how Adam is included and he really hasn't done anything. That's just insulting for the sake of insulting. Nice touch.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:09:23 PM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 08:10:03 PM »
I like how an email about two posters is supposed to really hammer the point home of how terrible this site is and how the fanbase has no soul.

Exactly, and that story was from four and a half years ago...

This article reminds me of a good saying...

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 08:27:39 PM »
I don't really think ranting about someone with an agenda against this site on this site is really constructive.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 08:33:41 PM »
I feel strangely honored...

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 08:37:46 PM »
I feel strangely honored...

That's also what I was thinking. :-)

It took who knows how long to find all those "facts". And for what? To try and belittle the fans of this forum and TPiR. I couldn't care less.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:41:33 PM by 123123123 »

Offline MannyCav

• Walking the Golden Road
  • My forum signature vanished. PM if you have info.
    • Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions>—This is my Play-Asia affiliate link for video game shopping.
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 08:40:24 PM »
This isn't anything new. I remember them writing critical pieces on Golden-Road.net before. Some of it is, sadly, based on fact. While silently browsing threads, I've seen a few members fly off the handle, so to speak. However, it's not particularly fair or accurate to label the entire member base here as fanatical "fanbois", and most especially when they start referring to other fandoms and comparing Golden-Road.net to them. I believe any fan of The Price Is Right can get a generally good experience and information boost by visiting here, especially if he plans on becoming a contestant proper. I see all too many contestants on The Price Is Right that don't perform particularly well, and I think of how much better he would have performed if he had only lurked or posted here for awhile before trying to make the pilgrimage to Bob Barker Studio, though would-be contestants would probably be well-off to not advertise the fact that they visit here for obvious selection-related reasons. That's a bit ironic when you consider that the liner notes to The Price Is Right DVD collection links to this very website. There's a lot of valuable information to learn from being here, and there are some informative and friendly people here, as well. I do also have some credibility qualms when the author cites Encyclopedia Dramatica as a source and calls it "a great website". I really wouldn't call that troll, shark-bait, inflammatory, crude, hateful, inaccurate, gossiping, and otherwise atrocious website "great". Also, when the author writes:
Quote from: Rober Seidelman
It should also be noted that this is the same guy that has in his signature that "I support the Price is right by not supporting Drew Carey"  However, in typical #3 hypocritical fashion, he has a FAQ regarding all 41 seasons of the show and runs it and updates it daily.  So, by watching The Price Is Right, he is still supporting Drew Carey.  If he wanted to support the first 35 seasons of the show, he would do what normal fanboys would do: petition a network to rerun said episodes, namely GSN and he and his merry band of miscreants can watch all their classic Bob without sounding like a hypocritical douchebag.  Now, this isn't saying that everyone on the board is a #3, quite a few people on there are sane.  So, this induction isn't about them.  It's about people like Gavazzi and others who post on the boards who act like Deity Barker rules over all.
He fails to recognize that people can have a critical review of Drew Carey's performance or have an opinion regarding areas where he can improve while still enjoying and watching the show for personal enjoyment, other legitimate reasons, or other aspects of the show that they like. I certainly would like a world where Bob could have had a few more years left in him, but it had to come sooner or later, and, in retrospect, it probably happened under better than average circumstances. While I don't think Drew Carey is all that and has a lot of room for improvement, not completely liking Drew Carey's performance--or not supporting it, which isn't my particular case--doesn't make me ineligible from watching the show, and there are areas that I think Drew does good, and perhaps even better than Bob at. I also question the credibility and objectivity of someone that can't write a piece without resorting to insults like "douchebag". Not really professional.
b]*This signature has been removed by an anonymous admin without sending me a full copy of the signature, pointing out what was in rules violation, or an explanation or message to me of any kind. Answers to this mystery would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me.*[/b]

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 08:40:32 PM »
Typical Seidy being typical Seidy.  Yawn.
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 08:43:14 PM »
I glanced at this for about 20 seconds and decided this person needs something to better occupy his time on the weekends.  If you guys are worrying about this, you need to get your priorities in order.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 08:49:39 PM »
Oh brother.  :roll:

Well, might as well give my two cents on this.

First off, as a brony, I find it insanely offensive that this guy is basically saying "yeah, they're bad, but they cheer people up by throwing Pinkie-Pie style parties, and have a little humanity, so they aren't as bad as the 'heartless morons' on Golden-road.net." Wow. I already have no sympathy for this guy. The brony community has so many nice, cool, and talented people. Using it as a comparison; being slightly above this 'bottom of the barrel = golden-road.net" nonsense really hit a sore spot for me. Please, person who wrote this, do your research before posting stuff like that. Besides, I never agreed that golden-road.net has ever been that bad, even when I did post those ranting threads.

Second, while I will admit that I do believe the people on this site can be mean-spirited and impatient at times, I still like most, if not all the more common posters on this site. I didn't congratulate the fact that cu, Prizes, and Steve became mods, because I still had my doubts if that was the right move to improve the site. Now that time has past by, I can safely say those doubts have been eliminated, and that the 3 are doing a great job as mods. Why am I mentioning this? Because this article was published (I'm assuming) around the same time when the site was improving quite a good deal.

Speaking of the improvement of the site, I'll bring up DJ's post.

I mean, I shouldn't be mad.  It's just someone else's opinion, but it still does bother me.  This goes completely against all these "remember what you say; there are people behind these posts" threads we've seen even during my 30-day ban.  This serves no purpose other than to promote a sense of superiority over others with the only goal being smug self-satisfaction.

For shame.

As a person who really pushed for these types of threads out of anger for the aftershock of his ban, and even started one of them,  it really does amaze me that people like this still think the site is still total garbage, and continue to not look into it further. Bleh. :roll:

PS: Golden fanbois. How mature. And this is the guy how complained that most of us insult others with phrases such as 'go get laid.' This isn't YouTube, I haven't seen anything like that being posted. I'd look into this further, but I'd really rather not; I just I want to make sure everyone knows my stance on nonsense like this being posted. Take it as you will. I'm probably overreacting, but whatever.
Stop the madness.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 09:00:39 PM »
A phrase that is often used when criticism of MLP fans comes up is "Haters gonna hate." I think it applies to unconstructive criticism of this board and its members as well. Ignore people like the author of that page, don't give them the attention they're so obviously seeking.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:03:47 PM by Hag »
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 09:02:25 PM »
I will be constructing a more formal response in a little while. In the interim, please remain courteous and respectful, as the last thing you should ever do in a fight is give the opposition additional ammo.