Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/10/2007  (Read 17533 times)

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/10/2007
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2007, 04:34:55 AM »
I can, John. siowafc is bitter that Spelling Bee lost to Shell Game and Buy or Sell lost to Bonus Game in sideshowPA's Pricing Game Tournament.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 08:38:13 AM »

ClockGameJohn wrote:

BRBTheFireball wrote:
PG #2:  I don't think Roger wanted this game won today.  Who actually would've thought that... um, "gentleman's valet" would be $1,995?

As much as I think we all thought it was cheaper than that, I will note that it was a sponsored prize and generally prizes like that and those used in Race Game are sponsored and the show wants to give them away.  There's nothing for them to gain by saving $1,995 for a product that was given to the show.

John, is there any way you (or anyone else) can get a hold of where they got that valet?  I looked, and looked, and looked some more to find it, but could not find the company online.  Much less any gentlemen's valet over $299 either.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 01:41:57 PM »
Brenda's "That's too much!" shout was pretty bad.  I'm rather surprised by how Bob said she did well with it.

Now, Shiela... how can you claim to be a "perfect pricer," and then have to look into the audience for Check-Out?  Tsk, tsk.

heelsrule1988 wrote:  BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Frank picks today.

Robert.

mhrasputin wrote:  there were 5 games lost, which meant the "losing horns" was played at most 5 times, did "Check Out" use the "buzz" (tenor buzzer) or the "MRRRRP" (bass buzzer), just asking since I missed the episode...

GoldenBulldog replied with:  Usually, games like One Right Price and Cover Up use the normal "BUZZ" accompanied by Losing Horns to denote losses.  However, if a contestant loses Card Game (goes over). Check-Out, Three Strikes, Pocket Change, Grocery Game, Bargain Bar, or Most Expensive, he/she gets to hear the dreaded "MRRRRP" sound, followed by Losing Horns.  

I hope this explains everything.

Um, Bully, you didn't really answer his question at all.  To answer your question though, mh, the big buzzer was used today.  Or the "bass buzzer," as you called it.

...actually, I kinda' like your terms, mh.  Might be tempted to take 'em from ya'!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 10:13:38 PM »
Robert had a great playing of Race Game...although that might be partly because of the last-second win.

Is it just me, or have a lot of people been losing Balance Game lately?

I can't believe it -- Roger played the second-half car game fourth two days in a row!

You know, I'm getting really sick of this SP schedule of nothing/Plinko/nothing/Plinko/nothing.  I hope Roger shakes things up tomorrow.

It just feels so wrong to have Train Depot or (in this case) Port o' Price be the first showcase.

actual_retail_tice wrote:

I could've sworn the udder cream was over $5 myself.

It used to be $4.75 a long, long time ago, but it's been $3.88 for years.

SouthSide86 wrote:

That's Too Much: Why did she completely missed the price of the Mustang 1 price too high!

She probably wanted to piss you off.

SouthSide86 wrote:

This episode was full of disapointments and missing the obvious and screaming PERFECT SHOW!

What the hell are you babbling about?  One game was won on this episode.  It wasn't anywhere close to being a perfect show.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

• In the Audience
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2007, 10:17:23 PM »
At least it wasn't a winless show.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2007, 10:33:55 PM »
Patman, if you're going to post in our daily recap threads, we ask that you take the time to make some comments on aspects of the episode that you found interesting instead of just saying, "great show," or the like.  Bumping seven threads to say essentially nothing in each one honestly doesn't reflect very well on you.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 04:03:36 AM »

tpirfan28 wrote:
John, is there any way you (or anyone else) can get a hold of where they got that valet?  I looked, and looked, and looked some more to find it, but could not find the company online.  Much less any gentlemen's valet over $299 either.

Clothing Valet
ideaworks enterprises, inc.
29028 Freshwater Drive
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
John

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2007, 06:15:36 PM »
Although the show was good because of the decent lineup, none of the contestants were that outstanding.

I thought Cover Up was fairly difficult today. I thought $26,000 at first too, but then I remembered that the Hybrid of the Ford Escape is about $26,000 (I was looking at it the other day). I got the two mixed up. Anyway, Mary did fine until the last number, which I thought was 4 too. Tough loss, I was hoping she'd be right. And was it me, or did Bob seem like he was rushing the game a little bit?

That ceiling fan during the second one-bid was expensive. My guess was $999.

A good end and win in Race Game today, and I too couldn't believe the valet was $1995. It looked so cheap, but when Robert only had 2 right, the valet and the stemware had to be switched.

I can't blame Kristin for picking $8271 in Balance Game. I mean we all knew it was $9271, but pianos are more expensive than they look. And having $3000/$4000/$5000 bags is tricky too, with only $1000 difference between each price.

That's Too Much! wasn't that hard, I just had difficulty on stopping at $20,155 or going one more. I think the V6 coupe deluxe starts at around $19,000. Anyway, when Brenda went once more after $22,560 I knew she lost. Her shout wasn't that great either.

I really thought that Sheila had Check-Out won today. I was off by alot more than she was, and eventhough she wasn't the "perfect pricer," losing by .12 is painful to anyone.

What was up with Nellie during the last one-bid? And then she took a bit playing One Right Price, which I thought was very easy today.

Best Contestants- Mary and Robert

Showcase #1- $19,193
Difference- OVER

Showcase #2- $25,000
Difference- $6096