Author Topic: First time here/Questions about the tapings  (Read 16283 times)

Offline jack11

• Outside in Line
First time here/Questions about the tapings
« on: January 31, 2013, 02:43:52 AM »
hi, everybody, this is my first time here.  My brother would love to be on the show but he has some questions for you people

1.Is it true he has to be at CBS before 6:00 in the morning for a taping?
and 2.Can he still get food when he's in line?

I'm sorry if it was mentioned here before but he's a big fan of the show.

Offline Swiper

• Outside in Line
Re: First time here/Questions about the tapings
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 09:05:22 AM »
I'll let someone answer those questions for you, because I'm wondering about the answers as well ... but I WILL say there's some really good information on the internet (and on this site!) about the show, going to the show, what will happen ...
I read a whole write up (skipped parts) before, going to look it up closer to my show.

The show makes it sound like if you have a "Priority Ticket" and show up 30 minutes before the time, you're set and then the actual audience makes it sound like you have to line up hours and hours before, so I don't know ...

Your New Favourite Canadian

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 12:44:07 AM »
The priority ticket tells you when you need to arrive.  The early taping (which is either noon or 12:30) will have you arrive at 8:30am, and the late taping (which starts around 4) has you arrive at noon.  There's no need to get in line at oh-dark-thirty anymore. 

There will be food and a beverage cart that pass by the line during the wait.  The entrees are alright, but probably not worth the $10 if you can help it.

(Source: I was there two months ago.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline jack11

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 12:00:03 AM »
My brother knows not to mention this homepage when he's in line and some more Questions for you

Where does he get a priority ticket from and do you mean that he has to be at CBS at 8:30 for the noon taping?

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline jack11

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 06:40:16 PM »
He also knows not to wear any advertising to the show and he told me that he doesn't need to do it.

He wants to know how long that the morning taping will be and if he's not told to come on
down during the morning taping at all, then can he stay for the afternoon taping or would it be a problem?