Author Topic: 2012-13 MLB Offseason  (Read 3464 times)

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 2012-13 MLB Offseason
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 04:14:11 PM »
- Nyjer Morgan is now playing for the Yokohama DeNA BayStars in Japan. (All I want to say here is good riddance Mr. Attitude.)

Yes, thank God. Let Japan have his drama. Don't let the airplane door hit you on your way out, Nyjer.

If the Mets are sacrificing Scott Hairston for talent, it better be worth it. Jason Bay couldn't produce and look what happened to him.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: 2012-13 MLB Offseason
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 05:19:17 PM »
And a ton more in the update department:

- Red Sox sign Lyle Overbay to a minor league contract.

- The New York Mets signed LaTroy "Numbergate" Hawkins and "Sweaty Scotty" Atchison to minor league deals. (For those who are not sure what Numbergate references, read the Yankees section of Hawkins' Wikipedia article.)

-  The Indians signed pitcher Matt Capps to a minor league deal.

- The Arizona Diamondbacks signed Martin Prado for a 4 year deal worth $40MM through 2016, after getting him in the trade from Atlanta for Justin Upton & Chris Johnson.

- The New York Yankees have reached a deal with Travis Hafner to be the left-handed hitting DH.

- The Angels signed Bill Hall to a minor league contract.

- The Phillies officially signed Chad Durbin to a major league deal.

- "Sweaty Freddy" Garcia signed with the San Diego Padres on a minor league deal.

- Brian Schneider and Nick Johnson both announced that they have retired from Major League Baseball.

As for the doping issue with Alex Rodriguez, Nelson Cruz, Gio Gonzalez, Melky Cabrera, etc I have no opinion and therefore no comment.
Season 41 - Season 43, Season 46 - Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.

CSS Season 14 Cash: $729,601
CSS Season 15 Cash: $888,251 - All time CSS high for myself in 8 years.
CSS Season 16 Cash: $286,480