Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 2/25/2013  (Read 13244 times)

Offline TPIRZippy

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: TPiR Recap - 2/25/2013
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 05:43:22 PM »
First off the first spin in SCSD #1 did not go all the way around but Drew gave her the 5 cents. FAIL. Second, the showed the bids before the showcases were shown. FAIL.

Both editing fails.  The show looked to be hacked to death, possibly due to long showdowns, but still no excuse for the weak spin appearing to count and the bids being shown before the showcases.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 05:58:10 PM »
If he wanted the Mercedes Over'd bad enough, they wouldn't have thrown in $3,000 Cash. (ARP Would have been $39,965.)
Usually when people see Mercedes they instantly think BIG BUCKS (take a look at CSS). He scrapped by today because someone (either our contestant or someone in the audience) actually knew that Mercedes can go that low and almost got it. But Mike saw no need to double safeproof that showcase, and I can't blame him.

First off the first spin in SCSD #1 did not go all the way around but Drew gave her the 5 cents. FAIL.
Like some are saying, it's believed that this was a terrible edit. Drew can be heard saying "it didn't go all the way around." No way he would say that and let the spin count. There had to be an edit.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 06:10:52 PM »
The Bids shown before the showcases?  Is there a clip of that?  That's terrible!  How could they do that?

Joe

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 06:17:29 PM »
If he wanted the Mercedes Over'd bad enough, they wouldn't have thrown in $3,000 Cash. (ARP Would have been $39,965.)

Actually, I think in this case having the cash involved made the showcase easier to over. It fit with the theme of the showcase, and also everyone knows $3,000 cash is $3,000. So you're essentially asking the contestant to price a limo ride, an iPhone and a Mercedes without going over. Since the limo ride and iPhone are worth about zilch, especially in relation to the Mercedes, Mike is essentially saying "bid on this cheap Mercedes without going over".

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 06:24:01 PM »
Recap posted.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 07:16:54 PM »
A pretty good show all around, especially the $37,000 on the second Showcase Showdown, and the showcases centered around Rachel. Rachel is my favorite model, and I hope she does well with her baby!
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 08:22:46 PM »
You know, watching 1.00 --> 5 again... if that was edited, they actually did a very competent job at it... it's seamless when changing shots at 1.00 and 25... but that can't be right...

... Did Scott & co. actually mess up?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 08:29:31 PM »
Like some are saying, it's believed that this was a terrible edit.

Breaking this down, since Anne had 4 aired spins:

1. Drew does not mention that the wheel needs to complete one full revolution before she spins.
2. In between the first and second spin, he randomly mentions that it "needs to go around at least once".
3. While the second spin is happening, Anne asks "if it went around".
4. While the third spin is happening, Anne asks "if it went around" again.
5. Drew stresses that it has to go around at least once on her bonus spin, and says there are "no do-overs on this one".

My guess is that she landed on the 5 during her first spin which didn't count, and in the respin landed on 5 again, which did count.

It's still a pretty sloppy edit since, again, it's trying to put something "past" the viewers which some people are going to catch.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Robair

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Is this thing on?
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 08:31:23 PM »
So there's Drew at the end of the show, telling everyone how he hopes Rachel has a wonderful baby, and then he does the obligatory spay/neuter line. Once he said it, I think he was totally bemused by the incongruity of it all, adding "Don't let your pets have kids."

Funnier than anything Seth Macfarlane came up with last night. Or The Onion.
We'll think of a signature. Don't worry.

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 09:43:45 PM »
For those who missed the second fail in a week: 306229770813845504[/tweet]/photo/1]I threw a screenshot up.

I remember the .95 -> $1 spinoff from a couple of seasons ago, but when was the last time they had all three bonuses go in the same showdown ($1k, $5/$10k, and $10/$25k)?

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
Funnier than anything Seth Macfarlane came up with last night. Or The Onion.
I think it is about your taste in humor. I thought Seth did a swell job last night, no Billy Crystal, Johnny Carson, or Bob Hope, but he had me laughing. But I'm a person who likes off-the-wall references and slightly crude humor.

Back on topic...

It's still a pretty sloppy edit since, again, it's trying to put something "past" the viewers which some people are going to catch.
Here's the crazy part. That edit could've worked with almost any other spin and could've been pulled of perfectly with a spinner like Anne who had a terrible time getting the wheel around. Sometimes people will catch the numbers jumping if they cut to shot with the wheel in another position, but I find it far less noticeable. However, since the wheel always starts at the same spot every show, you can't pretend that nothing happened. That will be noticed and I guess they didn't really think about that.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 11:15:01 PM »
Well, all the money won on the Big Wheel helps make up for the painful DOB.

Also a nice Cover Up win in which someone actually goes for the lowest digit 4th within 2 turns. Granted, a 3 isn't as low as the 2 or 1 that normally trips people up, but still...

Offline Eddie

• Walking the Golden Road
    • #4234K: The very first show I attended
Big SCSD Win, Double Bummer!
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 11:23:52 PM »
What a show!  After a pair of payouts on the Big Wheel there is a Double Overbid on a Showcase Round with both offering cars.  Now if only the "without going over" clause wasn't in effect there would have been a DSW right there.  Otherwase is was a great show. 
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 12:07:29 AM »
I see CBS didn't edit out the Showcase bids online as well. When it happened before , they edited out the mistake when they uploaded the episode online. Not this time.

Offline sravenes

• In the Audience
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 08:23:22 AM »
Cover Up - Very nice win, and hopefully this game keeps up its winning streak
Side by Side - I thought it should've been won but was not when anne picked 8097.
Shopping Spree - Nice win.
Cliff Hangers - Way too easy.
Pass the Buck - Just awful on the grocery products and bad luck on the gameboard.
Two for One - Tough loss.
a 3/6 today not a bad show with a $25,000 and a $10,000 winner in the second showcase showdown.  Unfortunately the double overbid ruined it but despite that a lot of cash and prizes were given away.