Author Topic: CSS Season 9.5: 02/22/2013 (Game #15 - Double Values)  (Read 821 times)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
CSS Season 9.5: 02/22/2013 (Game #15 - Double Values)
« on: February 22, 2013, 07:09:59 PM »
Today is Day 5 of Price's "Celebrity Week," and it also markes my final day as interim CSS host.  I'll have my usual commentary in a bit, but I'd like to take this opportunity to say a few things.

Three weeks ago, I had to go in for a very delicate procedure on my left eye.  If it succeeded, it would save whatever vision I've got left, but if it failed, I would have lost my vision.  The surgery was a resounding success, but to be perfectly blunt, I'm still scarred (physically and mentally) by the whole ordeal.  I still have several stitches from where they did the operation, but they will be removed this coming Wednesday--which will hopefully complete the healing process.  Yet while I'm still in recovery mode, I very nearly missed out on a chance to participate in the CSS host tryouts.  I was originally asked by Seth to host the games last week, but I wasn't able to get online because the vision in my left eye hadn't returned to normal yet.  So I waited another week, thinking about how I was going to host this wonderful tradition while still recovering from the events of January 31st, 2013.

It would be a gross miscarriage of justice for a guy like me to come out and say that hosting CSS this week was a "chore."  Sure, I will publicly admit that crunching the numbers every day was a pain in the neck, but I truly enjoyed getting the chance to put up a spreadsheet so that everyone will see how they did on a certain day.  For all the bloopers, flubs, and screwups I made while doing these results, hosting CSS this week has been a wonderful ride that has helped me heal from my recent surgery--by giving me a chance to slowly get back into a sense of "normalcy" and do the things I love to do on a regular basis.  With that said, on a very personal note, I would like to take this time and thank YOU--the players--for giving me the opportunity to host this wonderful part of G-R.net tradition.  I don't think I could've done it without the great turnouts from y'all this week, and I love you all--very much.

With that said, it's time to talk about today's CSS--which means, it's Double Values Friday!  Unfortunately...well, let's put this into NASCAR terms, shall we?

[NASCAR]

It's down to the wire as we approach the checkers in Daytona...and a CRASH--TURNS THREE AND FOUR!!  GoldenBulldog is on his roof!  FieldsFan336 and pathfinder20 smash into the outside wall!  There goes vadernader as he settles into the infield--OH!!  Wayoshi smacks hard into another pile of cars!  Eighteen cars--over half the field--involved in this massive wreck as we head toward the checkers!

[/NASCAR]

Yep, that was the case with over half of us--courtesy of a 2nd Showcase that featured a trip to see our own FPGWillyT in Houston and a Mercedes C-class, which is the cheapest on the lot (ummm...I get the "OOPS" label today; you'll see why :P).  On the plus side, our twelve point--getters today managed some pretty stalwart differences without any major garfage to contend with.  By far, the closest difference came from rodroddyfan who, by virtue of his $833 difference, earns a pair of Mercedes for his garage and a trunk full of cash.

(Although I probably must mention that his cash total was $93,666... :twisted: )

Long-time players of CSS ought to remember PriceFan985.  I sure do; he used to kick our tails every day for many years.  In fact, BuddyTom gave him the nickname "The Inhuman Pricing Machine" because of his uncanny ability to master Showcase pricing.  Today...we get a hint of the CSS of old as PriceFan985 walks away with a pair of Toyota Priuses.  That, coupled with designer goodies and a trip to Bora Bora, will net him $80,816 in money to either put into a gift certificate or "on account"....wait, wrong show, but well played, good sir.  :-D

By the way, look for the final "weekly" stats sheet to go up either on Saturday or Sunday.  ;)

NOTE:  Spreadsheet fixed. :-D

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHUTDOWN (well...almost)
Results for February 22, 2013

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:43:42 AM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Best in the World
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: CSS Season 9.5: 02/22/2013 (Game #15 - Double Values)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 07:16:40 PM »
Negative points...that's gotta be a first. :lol:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 07:28:23 PM »
Negative points...that's gotta be a first. :lol:

I did that just the other day... :lol:  But I'm gonna fix the spreadsheet anyway so it'll look error-free. :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

Online Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Time to Stack The Deck, you lucky contestant!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 09:27:16 PM »
You did a good job this week Bully. I wish I could say the same. :D
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 01/26/15
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:35:15 PM »
...those aren't my bids.  I went $31,671 | $54,671.
CSS Champion - Season IX (Part II); G-R Recapper - Season 44 (Part I)

And if you win that trip, you travel to the end of the Golden Road, where we have the most expensive prize ever offered on Golden Road.net!!!! IT IS MORE THAN $481,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Wild cheering and applause) LOOK WHAT WE HAVE AT THE END OF THE GOLDEN ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR OWN PRIVATE ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF TAHITI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and your whole family will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Tahiti where you'll sign a deed to a 2-mile across, 2-mile wide island 25 miles off the coast of Tahiti. This island includes a beachouse and more! And if you win this island, you'll recieve A NEW CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.
Quote from: bobbingforapples
Why was he unbanned? He hasn't changed.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 01:34:50 AM »
...those aren't my bids.  I went $31,671 | $54,671.

:-o

Oh dear...I'll get that fixed in a jiffy.  If anyone else has a missing set of bids for Friday, please let me know; I'll take care of it ASAP.