Author Topic: Deal or No Deal  (Read 35862 times)

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Deal or No Deal
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 10:24:51 AM »
I agree with Jordan7.  Blah.  A Psychic? :-?   Give me a break, along with her super loud screaming. And her game was pretty much a snoozer, anyway. Chad's is doing fairly well.  Hopefully, that doesn't mean disaster Friday.

And did anyone noticed Howie rushing through the show? That doesn't make sense, particuarly when time ran out during the second game.

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 03:40:07 PM »
I didn't like the psychic at all.  If she was really a psychic, she would have picked the million.  

I like Chad, but the marching band irritated me.

My mom and I both like the fact that there are 2 contestants now.  Having one contestant an hour felt stretched.  Now maybe the game will move quicker.

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 04:54:36 PM »
I'll agree to an extent that the "one-episode-one-contestant" thing was moderately stretched, but those had to be the two most entertaining episodes of Deal I have seen.  Sure, they took up an hour each, but at least they made it exciting to watch!

...And who doesn't want to kiss the models anyway? =)

Offline theQn4cer

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 05:20:30 PM »
I didn't know a marching band came into DonD.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 07:35:50 PM »

shellgame69 wrote:
I agree with Jordan7.  Blah.  A Psychic? :-?   Give me a break, along with her super loud screaming. And her game was pretty much a snoozer, anyway. Chad's is doing fairly well.  Hopefully, that doesn't mean disaster Friday.

And did anyone noticed Howie rushing through the show? That doesn't make sense, particuarly when time ran out during the second game.

I did notice he was speeding the game along. He was speeding a little even with the psychic contestant. Howie did use one technique I said that might help to speed the game and that was to wait to introduce the family. And he did! The family was introduced after the third round.
I even noticed he tried to make less interaction with the family.

I think we even had a few newbies. Leyla once again wasn't there. I love her a lot, the only thing I see she needs to improve on is her smile. She should try to smile bigger.

By the way, if you guys didn't see the promos Monday's 2-hour Deal or No Deal looks like it is suppose to be a "must-see." NBC kinda made all of the surprises obvious but at least they didn't give us any clues as to how much will be won.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 09:55:34 PM »
It's just flat-out impossible to win big money on this show, isn't it? I mean, we've seen $300K and $400K deals before, but those are far and few between. Chad had a shot at a million, or at least half that, but right off the bat he knocks both out. Very frustrating. Lauren has a bit of hope on Monday night, but her situation is kind of like Chad's was, only with lower amounts. So she'll probably walk away with not very much. Oh well, at least Monday's show will be one to remember, according to the commercials. I'm looking forward to it.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 10:15:51 PM »
Me too. It looks very funny and touching. I can't wait for it. But about tonight, Chad just fell apart. He just couldn't get back on track. I can't blame him for taking $14,000 but I might have went once more, or I might have just played it out. On Wednesday he was looking fine, but then it went down the tubes. Tough luck.

And our new player, Lauren, is doing pretty good. She's very pretty, if I may add that. It was funny how she didn't notice that her sister was holding case 21. I don't like it when a relative (e.g. Howie's daughter or Lauren's sister) holds a case because it's hard to determine if you should get rid of them or keep them. To me it just seems more difficult to pick that case because you think that since it's your sister that she'll have something low, but then again, they might have stuck her with a big one. Oh well! We'll find out Monday.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 10:41:19 PM »
Hey, Lauren's sister wore the dress and everything, so she can be there as far I'm concerned. :-D

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2006, 07:10:34 AM »
I agree, we seem to be in a winnings slump as of late.  Chad, from wendsday, was hot, but then started to slack off and blew away the 2 super amounts early on.   He did recover, only to find $300K in case 8, and ended up dealing at $14,000.

Lauren, her sister holding 21 and her side supporter (Kara?) were HOT! 8-) Game wise: She's doing fairly well.  Monday will be quite interesting to see.

Offline noahproblem

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2006, 09:21:06 AM »
Heads up about Monday (5/15): President Bush is going to give an address to the nation at 8 PM that night (concerning immigration), so it looks like there may be at least a delay in the start of DoND.  According to CNN.com it's expected to last about 20 minutes.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/12/bush.immigration/index.html

UPDATE: I just checked nbc.com - DoND is now scheduled to start at 8:25, but still only run until 10:00 (they still have The Apprentice starting at 10).
So this is the "get off of my lawn" stage of my life.  I'm not impressed.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2006, 11:58:07 AM »
I guess that means fewer commercials? If so, that's awesome. Who would've thought a presidential speech would be embraced by us? :lol:

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2006, 04:14:45 PM »

heelsrule1988 wrote:
I guess that means fewer commercials?

Sorry, milk just came out of my nose.  Surely you jest!  My understanding is, at this point, the plan is for the program to be cut down by 25 minutes.  (The West Coast airing apparently will be the full-length version.)  Yes, it's not fair, but it also goes to show you just how much crap they're larding that show down with now that they can junk 25 percent of it and still have it make sense.

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2006, 04:58:13 PM »
Just as a minor point, 25 minutes is actually 41.7% of the show (25/60), not 25%.  When you consider actual game play and not just show time, it's really more, since I doubt they're cutting any commercials out.  I'm not at all surprised they can cut that much out.

Offline logikreader

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2006, 09:42:58 PM »
No no, this Monday's show is supposed to be a 2 hour edition, hence the 25% figure: 25/120

I forget that these things never affect us West Coasters.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2006, 09:59:33 PM »

Axl wrote:

heelsrule1988 wrote:
I guess that means fewer commercials?

Sorry, milk just came out of my nose.  Surely you jest!  My understanding is, at this point, the plan is for the program to be cut down by 25 minutes.  (The West Coast airing apparently will be the full-length version.)  Yes, it's not fair, but it also goes to show you just how much crap they're larding that show down with now that they can junk 25 percent of it and still have it make sense.

With all the stuff they edit out, I doubt they'll have much left to edit. So, what else could they possibly do? It seems like the only logical thing.