Author Topic: Deal or No Deal  (Read 35689 times)

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Deal or No Deal
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2006, 08:31:55 PM »
They (NBC) are evidently editing DOND somehow to still have the important stuff in it, namely Regis appearing on the show! Howie says "DEAL OR NO DEAL" and Regis shouts "FINAL ANSWER?!" Too funny! And they are still doing the lucky case game for 20k since it's a 2 hour show(er uh, slightly botched). At least Bush ran his trap only 21 of the planned 25 minutes.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2006, 10:48:27 PM »
Whew. I was going to turn on the TV at 8:25... but I turned it on just as DOND was starting. I mean, right at the very second. It would've been a tragedy if I had missed the models' walkdown, of course. Anyway, this was a pretty subpar night. I thought it was going to be much better than what it was. Both contestants (who deserve a :-D by the way) got shafted. Lauren got struck be the obligatory bad-luck-after-a-good-comeback curse, as did Renee. And the Regis and Jay Leno cameos didn't last but all of, what, a minute tops each? That was disappointing, especially Regis' cameo. I wanted him to see him on there longer. Oh well, at least we got two hours of DOND tonight. I guess that's better than nothing.

P.S. I agreed with both deals, believe it or not. Normally, I wouldn't have liked Lauren's deal, and I would've wanted her to go one more time. But in her case, the intangibles kicked in. She really needed that money, so going on was too much for her to risk. Renee's deal wasn't too bad either, considering she wasn't going to get much more if she went on. If I had decided to go on, I probably would've gone on only one more time. So her deal wasn't that bad at all.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2006, 11:01:29 PM »
Two good players tonight. Lauren crashed at the end, but took a fair deal. I might have went once more, I wasn't sure. And then I wanted Renee to win oh-so-badly! She seemed like such a sweet, calm person. I was in shock when she decided to switch to case 11 (I didn't even know they were allowed to do that), and then I went into double shock when her switch resulted in losing $500K! How depressing! Anyway, it was nice to see Jay and Regis, although they only lasted about a minute each, but at least they didn't take up the entire show.

Also, the model at 13 appears to be Nicole, who they do not have listed at nbc.com, and she didn't do so well with opening the case. Kristen is in Sonia's place at 25. Patricia is back at 5 in place of Ursula. That's all I could point out. Can't wait for Wednesday! See you then!

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2006, 11:42:48 PM »
Today was an interesting day to me in the world of games shows. First Price begins the week with a DSW just barely missing the $250 mark, then wheel gets a 100k winner to kick off their annual college week from Denver, and the first contestant on DoND had the $200k in her case(even though she took the deal).

I noticed Deal or No Deal had an interesting ending. Apparently by watching all of the last minute editing thanks to Bush's speech, we were suppose to have one more contestant and they were already in the middle of a game. You could tell because when Howie was saying thanks to the Military some of the models were standing on the stairs behind him and then they went back to Renee and her family celebrating with no models on the stairs.  I wonder what this means for Wednesdays show. I guess we'll find out.

I'm not really sure if what Howie said was true or not, but he was on the Ellen show today. He said that Deal or No Deal would soon be going back to two days a week and soon after that it'll be back to one day a week. I'm not really sure if this is what NBC is going to do since I've heard other things such as it'll be taken off the air for the summer. Again we'll have to wait and find out.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2006, 10:42:50 AM »
Lauren was those who didn't make a great deal(I won't blame her since she needed the cash), which came after she crashed after going to town.

Renee: OW! :-(   After a dismal start, she went on a roll and started eliminating the mini amounts.  I was thinking during the last round before the case was opened, "I think switching to 11 was a very costly mistake," and I was unfortunately correct. :-?   Just for kicks, I played the whammy foghorn and the Price losing horns when she wiped out 1/2 million.

Oh well, as least she has the money to buy her dream Harley.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2006, 01:05:33 PM »

catdogwheel wrote:
I'm not really sure if what Howie said was true or not, but he was on the Ellen show today. He said that Deal or No Deal would soon be going back to two days a week and soon after that it'll be back to one day a week. I'm not really sure if this is what NBC is going to do since I've heard other things such as it'll be taken off the air for the summer. Again we'll have to wait and find out.

According to NBC's fall lineup, DonD will be on twice a week, Monday & Friday:

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/14587368.htm (Registration free, but required)

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2006, 08:09:20 PM »
I tonight's show a repeat? I don't remember seeing this guy on Monday.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2006, 08:11:37 PM »
I don't think it's a repeat...I believe we missed his gameplay due to Bush's speech on Monday.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2006, 09:49:40 PM »
This is what it says at tv.com:

In a two hour long episode, Lauren Potter is asked for her "final answer" from the one and only Regis Philbin. Then, Renee Stokes of La Costa, California is connected via satellite to her husband, who is a U.S. marine stationed in Fallujah, Iraq. Also, Jim Moniz of Honolulu, Hawaii tries his Hawaiian luck when he plays for the top prize of $1 million.

I think I got it!

catdogwheel wrote:

I noticed Deal or No Deal had an interesting ending. Apparently by watching all of the last minute editing thanks to Bush's speech, we were suppose to have one more contestant and they were already in the middle of a game. You could tell because when Howie was saying thanks to the Military some of the models were standing on the stairs behind him and then they went back to Renee and her family celebrating with no models on the stairs.

So maybe the 25 minutes missed was taken off of Jim's game, and that's why those 7 extra models were on the stairs at that freaky editing of Monday's game. They must have been from Jim's game, which they continued tonight.

But anyway, about tonight's show: it was okay. Jim did alright. He has done better than others. I actually forgot what happened, but let's move on to Dana: she played it very well. I didn't have a problem with her choice of going once more, but she sadly removed $300K. Hopefully Monday (yes, only Mondays now for the rest of the season) will be better.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2006, 10:01:35 PM »
NOOOOOO!!! Me being a DOND recapper, this is devastating. Incomplete information = death. Hopefully I will find the first four rounds of Jim's game somewhere, because I'd hate for it to be lost forever. Anyway... we had another bad deal tonight, but I guess I'll side with Jim on this one, since he really wanted that money to have a baby. If not for that, hisI wouldn't have been too happy with him. I would've gone on at least one more time. Dana, meanwhile, played it beautifully. I thought for sure she was gone. That's the first time I've ever seen a contestant turn down an overwhelming majority of opinion. But once again, a contestant who plays it right and goes on, gets shafted. It's just not fair. It's sending the wrong message: "be a wimp, and you'll win!" Sigh.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2006, 09:06:10 PM »
I know I'm late, but I did see it and have this to say.

I, too, was one of those "Eastern/Central time people" who got this episode half way in Jim's game and had Renee's game super edited at the end.  I won't recap him.

I was hoping Dana would stop at $71,000.  When she said ND, I was thinking "we are in for the big time disaster", and I was unfortunately right. :-?  

BTW, Am I imagining things, or are we getting in to the standard "great start, terrible finish" slump were in lately? :-?   I don't know. :-?   Hopefully the next 3 episodes, including the super season finale, will go better.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2006, 10:10:22 PM »
We've been in the great start, terrible finish curse for a while. Everybody's that's started off well has done that. We've got three shows to make it up.

By the way, if any of you out west have the first four rounds of Jim's game from Monday night taped, please, please, please let me know the details of what happened in those rounds. I need this for my recaps. Whoever does this (if anyone) will be my new best friend. :-)

Offline tpir08

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2006, 05:51:18 PM »
so is dond on tonite or not.
<-- Click here to begin!

Offline rugrats1

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2006, 07:45:09 PM »
Last I heard, "Dateline NBC" will be on in its place tonight (5/19).

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2006, 08:12:19 PM »
And buzzer blogspot said all shows will ONLY be on Mondays from now to the super finale.