Author Topic: OBIT: Paul Bearer  (Read 2012 times)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: OBIT: Paul Bearer
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »
It's not like they did something tasteless like having CM Punk (I think it's safe to say his name now, considering it's after Monday) say Paul Bearer is in Hell

Given that the match was made last Monday, I would hope it's safe to say it now.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 05:28:32 PM »
Think about how the handled the passing of others that weren't on the active roster.

Fabulous Moolah, I didn't remember sprinkling of clips all night long.   
Capt. Lou  same

I think they went way overboard on tributes to Paul Bearer.   It shows that he was loved.     It was very nicely done.

Everyone knows that WWE is a business.    They did the tribute, then CM Punk came in.    This was nothing more than to further the story for their match at WM.  It is sad, but Paul Bearer's death and this story line may make the buy rate of the WM PPV higher.   
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 07:17:23 PM »
Disagree, 100%. They aired the tribute video without interruption, aired a bunch of classic clips featuring him and let the Undertaker get in the ring to salute Bearer before proceeding with the angle that many of Bearer's friends in the business believed he would have loved to be a part of, considering he's helping to contribute to the match at WrestleMania. It's not like they did something tasteless like having CM Punk (I think it's safe to say his name now, considering it's after Monday) say Paul Bearer is in Hell like they had Randy Orton say about Eddie Guerrero in 2006 just o get cheap heat, plus, Kane ended up getting the clean win over CM Punk as well, in tribute to Bearer... all things considered, I think it played out well and I think Bearer would be pleased with it.
Considering now he is a "punk"...............He took the urn, for God's sakes.