Author Topic: create your own Wrestlemania  (Read 507 times)

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
create your own Wrestlemania
« on: April 06, 2013, 11:16:32 AM »
It seemed reasonable enough to ask the weekend of the event.  Given the entire history of the company to work with, who would you book for your version of the ultimate WrestleMania if you had the chance.  My own lineup, which I put to use in the climactic story of a series of Golden Age stories I'd written a while back (and thus mainly featuring those who were there between 1985-1993, although as noted you could go before or after those years if wishes), would be: 

MATCH #1:  10 man match:  Koko B. Ware, Texas Tornado, Tatanka, Jimmy Snuka, Razor Ramon vs Don Muraco, Bob Orton, Kamala, Dino Bravo, Bam Bam Bigelow 

#2:  Diesel vs. Jeff Jarrett

#3:  Steiner Brothers vs. Beverly Brothers

#4:  Tito Santana vs. Rick Martel--the final battle of the Strike Force Explodes storyline we never quite got 

#5:  Bighouse Match (anything brought to the ring can be used as a weapon), Big Boss Man vs. Rick Rude (again, a climax to a potentially good rivalry we never quite got) 

#6:  Tag team title match:  Rockers vs. Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff

#7:  Jim Duggan vs. King Kong Bundy

#8:  6 man match:  Bob Backlund & Men on a Mission vs. Sid & the Headshrinkers 

#9:  "The Clash of the Titans:"  Andre & Tugboat vs. Earthquake & Big John Studd 

#10:  Crown vs. Crown match:  King Harley Race with Dusty Rhodes vs. King Haku with Tama

#11:  New Foundation Owen & the Anvil vs. Fabulous Rougeau Brothers (again, there never was a climax to the plot of Jimmy Hart selling out the Hart Foundation for Jacques and Raymond, so this way, there is one, and it gives Owen his moment in the sun) 

#12:  British Bulldog vs. Undertaker

#13:  Bret Hart vs. Jake Roberts 

#14:  Million Dollar Belt title match:  Roddy Piper vs. Ted DiBiase 

#15:  Hair for Hair match:  Brutus Beefcake vs. Honky Tonk Man 

#16:  8 man match:  Paul Orndorff, 1-2-3 Kid & Killer Bees vs. Ken Patera, One Man Gang & Orient Express 

#17:  Ultimate Warrior vs. Yokozuna

#18:  Intercontinental title match:  Ricky Steamboat vs. Mr. Perfect 

#19:  12 man No DQs Falls Count Anywhere match:  LOD, Demolition & Bushwhackers vs. Nasty Boys, Powers of Pain & Power & Glory 

#20:  Junkyard Dog vs. Adrian Adonis 

MAIN EVENT:  World Title Match:  Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage (with surprise appearance by Hulk Hogan towards the end...) 

The link to the story in question, for those who wish to see how I ended each match: 

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/s8012765/1/The-Greatest-Sporting-Spectacle-of-All-Time 

Online Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • She tried to cheat at 3 Strikes.
Re: create your own Wrestlemania
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 11:40:18 AM »
Since the Royal Rumble is my favorite special event, I'd just have a mega battle royale with four rings attached together in a square and every wrestler active as of Mar. 31, 1985 (date of the first Wrestlemania) takes part.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."