Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/16/2007  (Read 13706 times)

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/16/2007
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 06:18:22 PM »
5 Price Tags-Nice win to start off the day.  Some odd prices to choose from today.

Danger Price-Toss up between the computer and the sofa.  And a cheap $200 prize today.

It's In the Bag-He should've left them as they were, and he would've had a full $16,000 win.  Always go with your first instinct.

SCSD #1-C'mon Bob, let's remember to keep this show Rated G.  :-D

Freeze Frame-Pretty easy.

Dice Game-Since I've seen the 4th number many times as a 6, I worried a bit.  No problem for Tiffany, though.  She played that like a pro.  Tiffany deserves it.

Most Expensive-Toss-up between the dinette and the scooter.  I had no idea the dinette would be that expensive.

SCSD #2-Another $6000 winner!
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 06:40:21 PM »
heelsrule1988 wrote:  Dude... you blame Roger way too much, and most of those times, you're wrong for doing so. How the heck was that a forced loss? The dinette couldn't have been any more obvious.

Um, yeah it could've.  The dinette barely looks $1000, much less $5000.  It's one of the cheaper-looking dinettes on the show, yet inexplicably, it's the show's most expensive dinette.  Aside from us, who watch the show daily and know how overpriced it is, I see no reason why a normal viewer would have the price memorized, or have any reason to assume it's anywhere near as expensive as it is.

Most Expensive was hard today.

Richie wrote:  BRB, that damn multi-colored dinette (sorry guys but I feel like saying it anyway) costs $4893, NOT $5,000.

You are out of line here though, Richie.  Fiery knows it wasn't exactly $5000:  he was just rounding it off because he didn't want to worry about putting the exact price.  Or another reason.  It doesn't matter.  He wasn't wrong, though.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 06:49:34 PM »
Sorry about that Frank.  Gosh I feel like I'm a little bit hypocritical today.  

We've had a handful of $6,000 winners in the SCSDs lately.  So far the wheel has been pretty generous to contestants this season, than last season.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 08:19:43 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6635

Showcases
Brandi, who became 36 years old this past Saturday , had a $19 lead over Shane entering the showcases.
MOD NOTE: Brandi's birthday is actually January 31. - JC

Parenthood
Howard Miller Alarm Clocks, in which all of them are on their first appearance on the show.  $539.50
Costa Cruise of the Caribbean - $6,446
Fleetwood Prowler 250RKS - $19,460

Homely Harriett
23" LCD TV/DVD - $1,399
Stress Less 1700 Home Gym - $610
Wireless Home Theater System - $879
2007 Ford F-150 - $19,435

Modeling Report Card for January 16, 2007
Score to beat:  $85,288

As Shane continues to overpower that 2007 Ford F-150, she has drove past Gwennie by $2,730.

With Little Debbie rolls and 28 prizes, you've got $125,784 in your hands.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 09:06:56 PM »
5PT: Amazing last choice win by Alveria.

DP: Oooh!! Sofa done her in.

IITB: Derek, Your instincts would've lead you to $16K.

FF: The much-beloved Earl scored a nice win.

DG: Tiffany can kiss her '88 Honda goodbye and bring her new Cobalt into her life.

Most: Damn!!

Showcases: That second showcase was a hoot. Derek makes up for "Bag" tragedy and goes home with the showcase.

I'll give this show a 2.5 for wild players and some good moments.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 09:37:32 PM »
5PT: Amazing win by Alveria.  I would have gone with $20K.

Danger Price: I had a feeling Candace would lose by picking the sofa.

IITB:  Again?!  If only Derek didn't change the oil for the Tums....

Freeze Frame: Easy.

Dice Game: Well played by Tiffany.

Most Expensive: Evil for the casual viewer, but I figured the Dinette was the costliest.

SC: I had a sick feeling Earl was way over on the Truck.  A nice redemption win by Derek.

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 09:46:59 PM »
Five Price Tags-A nice way to start the day off.

Danger price-When Candice choose the sofa i had a feeling she had loss.

it's in The Bag-When Derek change the hot oil i had a feeling he had loss.

Freeze Frame-A Nice way to start the second Half.

Dice Game-Tiffany played that very well.

Most Expensive-number 1 was  my choice for the most expensive

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 10:08:18 PM »
Five Price Tags: For home viewers, this was very easy, because $19,915 was the only logical price up there.
The small prizes were nothing special. After Alicia's first price tag choice, I feared she would say $20,418 then, but thankfully she picked the right one!

Danger Price: The final pick was a tossup between the computer and the sofa. Sadly, the sofa was the wrong one.

It's In The Bag: The last two bags were tough. It could have been the hot oil or the Tums. Unfortunately, the switch to the Tums at $8,000 was not the right idea. I thought he was right.

Freeze Frame: There were two possibilities for the sauna- $4,516 and $5,245. $5,245 was the right one! I would have chosen $4,516 instead.

Dice Game: After this playing, I learned the error that the writers made in the description of the Cobalt last Thursday-they forgot to mention paint protection for that car. As for this playing, it was nice to hear Tiffany mention the one time where Walter rolled all the numbers in the price in this game on the nose, and Bob was right in saying it's only happened once. Even nicer to see her win!

Most Expensive: Was that dinette the most expensive prize offered in this game, besides trips and cars?

SSD2: A $6,000 winner!

Showcases: I knew the second one was going to be fairly cheap, but not THAT cheap. I would have gone over too.

Overall: Good show today.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 12:20:07 AM »
Five Price Tags: Well, video cameras, even if they are juvenile, would be at least $79; so I said true on this one. That desktop doggy was a tricky one. If I had a third choice, I would have picked the 19.

Danger Price: It totally got down between the computer and the sofa. A good sofa can be $1545--so can a good laptop.

It's in the Bag: Usually I wanted the contestant to stop when they make a bad choice. This time I was actually chanting "Go!" and "Go for it!" at Derek, knowing he made the right switch. Boy that was a terrible switch. I'm part of the blame.

Freeze Frame: Thaw out.

Dice Game: Now that they mentioned the perfect rolls of the dice, I was hoping for one... until I saw that 2 appear. Well, at least Tiffany played the game as well as possible. I didn't think going against the odds would be an option at all.

Well bidding out of the Row is a forced option for Karen Mae if she don't want to be sent to the House. Didn't happen.

Most Expensive: As soon as I saw that fancy dining group, I knew that had to be the most expensive, even though Rascals like that can be pricey.

On my commute to watch this episode, I had the Big Banana remix and Dig We Must Playing on my player. I wishly predicted either Poker Game or Danger Price would play today, including having somebody win money on the Big Wheel. I feel happy that I get to hear those cues today.

Okay, the prizes in Earl's Showcase had got to be on the low range for it to be worth only $22K. I bidded around 26000 for that. [after observing Jacob's post]: Okay.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 02:47:47 AM »
The prizes in SC2 (truck excluded) were some of the cheapest we've seen in a while. I would never have guessed the gym was only $610. I had the whole thing pegged at around $4500 before the truck was revealed. They'd make good prizes for Clock Game though. :-D

Painful IITB loss, since I feel like the audience talked him into switching the $8,000 bag. I wasn't entirely sure of it myself, but still... ouch.

That multi-colored dinette has showed up a few times this season. I want to say it was in Barker's Bargain Bar, though I'm far from certain. Those new steel retro-look pieces are very expensive, as our player found out.

Danger Price wasn't easy. I thought the laptop was cheaper than the sofa, but again, not an easy call to make.

Like many of you, I was scared that Alveria was going to pick the next lowest price after the $21K wasn't it. I was pleasantly surprised. Nobody ever says "true" in this game! I've seen the iDog and other accessories from this company in Macworld, and they're surprisingly inexpensive.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 06:58:07 PM »
Wow, Five Price Tags was really easy for a loyal viewer -- none of the wrong prices ended in 5 or 0!

Yay!  Danger Price!

It's in the Bag has provided some really good viewing this season...although it would be nice if someone would win the darn thing eventually.

Candace's reaction to spinning 85 on the Big Wheel was hilarious...as I recall, it was something along the lines of, "OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODSTAYSTAYSTAYSTAYOHMYGODOHMYGODSTAYSTAYSTAY!!!"

Tiffany was an absolutely awesome contestant.  I'm so glad she won Dice Game.

The "before" version of Homely Harriet looked an awful lot like Jill Abbot from The Young and the Restless.

The cameraderie that Derek and Earl displayed during the Showcase was a sight to behold.  It's a real shame they couldn't both win -- they were both good sports and excellent contestants.

heelsrule1988 wrote:

Dude... you blame Roger way too much, and most of those times, you're wrong for doing so. How the heck was that a forced loss? The dinette couldn't have been any more obvious.

I agree that Richie needs to tone it down, but really, Heels, this is ridiculous.  Normal people do not know how expensive that dinette is.

BobboChung wrote:

Five Price Tags: For home viewers, this was very easy, because $19,915 was the only logical price up there.

Bull.  Normal people do not know that.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 07:34:17 PM »
Good show. Five Price Tags was easy today, and I got 3 of the 4 small prizes right. I said false for the camera also. Anyway, Alveria had me worried. I said no to $19,915 but she proved me wrong, so good for her. My first thought was $20,418 but after that was wrong $19,915 had to be the choice.

I can't blame Candice for losing Danger Price. Laptops can range to $1500 in price, but I remembered the price of a carolina sofa to be $1565 or something like that.

Derek was a good contestant too, but it's a shame he didn't win It's in the Bag. It stinks he had the hot oil in the right bag at first, then decided to switch it.

Earl was a good player too, and he got an easy playing of Freeze Frame. Only two prices looked right, $5245 or $4516. I knew it was $5245, and I'm glad he picked it too. I laughed when Bob asked him how big Earl Jordan Sr. was.

I was really happy to see Tiffany win Dice Game, a good loyal fan and true. That last number worried me, a 2 looked like it could have been there.

I too picked the scooter for Most Expensive, and I too was shocked to see how expensive the dining group was. When did the price of the scooter drop? Wasn't it $3198 or something?

It was really nice to see Earl win $6,000 in the showcase showdown. I was hoping he would get the $10,000 though. I had a feeling he overbid by alot in the showcase.

Best Contestants- Tiffany and Earl

Showcase #1- $23,500
Difference- $2946

Showcase #2- $25,644
Difference- OVER

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 01:49:57 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Five Price Tags -- 3:06
Danger Price -- 2:48
It's in the Bag -- 5:15
Freeze Frame -- 1:23
Dice Game -- 2:30
Most Expensive -- 1:40