Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/15/2013  (Read 9837 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 4/15/2013
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:30:51 PM »
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:40:51 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 4/15/2013
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 01:48:07 PM »
What was up with the editing of Race Game? The price stands don't show up until they cut back to the Race Game set. Then , after the contestant pulls the handle and wins with 4 seconds remaining , they cutaway , go back and showed there was 0 seconds remaining. I did a triple take to see that.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 01:49:22 PM »
Grocery Game!  And Marilyn played it pretty expertly, too.  I was a bit worried the burgers might be over $5.20, and she might lose by so little, but nope.  Seemed to know exactly how to play and how to win, and she was awesome, so yay!

Race Game was weird.  Namely, the way they tried to hide the game, so you couldn't tell until after George finished describing the prizes whether they were actually going to play Race Game or Take Two.  I actually thought Take Two would've been more likely, since they didn't have the Race Game stands by the prizes during the descriptions.  That whole thing just seemed really awkward.  They shouldn't do that again.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 02:18:37 PM »
So did Polito really quit or something? Because at least he was serviceable most of the time. Adam is just a trainwreck these past few shows.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 02:24:39 PM »
Average show is average. Very nice to see Grocery Game though, and won too! One of the last Scott themes? :(

Oh, yeah - Race Game was weird. The editing in that entire segment was totally off. It makes no sense to have the stands not be there to start off - were they trying to hide the game? Because that really shouldn't have to be the case with every game and one of the reasons it doesn't even make sense with Race Game is the stands. Then at the end, I'm pretty sure we didn't even see the changes that led to the contestant winning! Edit if you must, but don't edit out essential gameplay - we need to see that. Did a camera fail or something? I hope Adam doesn't direct for too much longer.

Timings:
1/2 Off (5.5) - 5:02
Coming Or Going (3.5) - 2:56
Money Game (4.5) - 4:12
Race Game (5) - 4:46
Grocery Game (5) - 4:48
That's Too Much (4) - 3:15
Total (27.5): 24:59

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 02:30:13 PM »
Race Game was weird.  Namely, the way they tried to hide the game, so you couldn't tell until after George finished describing the prizes whether they were actually going to play Race Game or Take Two.  I actually thought Take Two would've been more likely, since they didn't have the Race Game stands by the prizes during the descriptions.  That whole thing just seemed really awkward.  They shouldn't do that again.
HD spoiled Race Game, but I did find it odd that Drew took the contestant to the other side of the jukebox instead of to the price holder. As for not showing the Race Game stands, that seems to have been a standard for this season as Race Game has had numerous plays where the stands weren't placed until after the prize description.

Great playing of Grocery Game is great.

Good lineup is good. I always like seeing 1/2 Off start off the show.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 02:42:06 PM »
This was about as good as it was gonna get, and by "good", I mean "average".

There were some good wins on Race Game (4 right with 4 seconds left), 1/2 Off, and Grocery Game...........but the rest of the games were just lame.

CoG really pull the wool of the eyes of some..........I mean, the contestant may have gotten the strategy, but there was no way that a living room, including a year's worth of Netflix was gonna be $9455, anyway.

Money Game was played for a Spark........... :roll: I'll leave it as that.

When Heidi was gonna play TTM for a Camaro (The Kiss Of Death), I knew that it wasn't gonna be won.

Again, this is completely average 3/6 show, but much like the ice cream theme on Heidi's showcase:

"You scream, they scream, but I scream for...........a car win today".

Offline noahproblem

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 02:57:57 PM »
Could we have seen the last "Scott's theme" for Grocery Game today?  :-(

Any LFAT would have won Coming or Going as soon as they realized it was an Ashley furniture set.

I had stepped out for a moment and was starting to wonder what game were they playing (I forgot about Take Two, honestly).
So this is the "get off of my lawn" stage of my life.  I'm not impressed.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 03:41:15 PM »
Recap posted.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 03:46:31 PM »
So did Polito really quit or something? Because at least he was serviceable most of the time. Adam is just a trainwreck these past few shows.

Polito's name has showed up in the credits of later-taped episodes. Was Polito sick or something?
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 04:27:17 PM »
SCSD1 was hilarious!  Kellen busted a light just to the left of the wheel and there was glass shattered on the rug, so George came out with a dustbuster and vacuumed it all up.  I couldn't stop laughing!

Honorable mention goes to Drew drop-kicking the Pringles can at the end of Grocery Game
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 05:23:42 PM »
Nice wins on 1/2 Off, Race Game, and Grocery Game! :-)  That was something how the light got broken during SCSD#1.

I wish they'd either retire That's Too Much or make it so any price over the ARP wins.  The name of the game would still work.

Pretty good overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 05:37:59 PM »
I wish they'd either retire That's Too Much or make it so any price over the ARP wins.  The name of the game would still work.

That would make it way too easy to win.  All you have to do is wait for the tenth price and you win every time.

In fairness, though, the game today was not especially difficult.  I'm really surprised she went past the fifth price.

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 05:53:31 PM »
Maybe it would be simpler (and quicker) if it were just 7 prices instead of 10.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 06:51:56 PM »
SCSD1 was hilarious!  Kellen busted a light just to the left of the wheel and there was glass shattered on the rug, so George came out with a dustbuster and vacuumed it all up.  I couldn't stop laughing!

Honorable mention goes to Drew drop-kicking the Pringles can at the end of Grocery Game

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  I didn't mind George vacuuming the glass (it had to be done anyway), but I hated when Drew drop-kicked the can of Pringles (which didn't have to be done).
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.