Author Topic: NO FPG FOR 4/19/13  (Read 2512 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
NO FPG FOR 4/19/13
« on: April 18, 2013, 04:47:39 PM »
I couldn't post this earlier because the site was down.

Due to today's pre-emption, we're not doing FPG tomorrow.  The reason is that yesterday's episode was from a different production week.  So with only Monday and Tuesday to work with, we're not even going to bother.

Besides, I think we all need some time off after everything that has happened this week.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: NO FPG FOR 4/19/13
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 05:19:01 PM »
We already saw 6313K on 3/28, which means we have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 07:21:42 PM »
We already saw 6313K on 3/28, which means we have Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

CRAP!  I forgot about that!  I even had that written down on my calendar!

And it's probably too late to un-cancel FPG.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 07:24:38 PM »
Since the host screwed up this week, I'll think of something to do for next week to make up for it... aside from carrying over all of this week's money to next week's pot.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 07:29:36 PM »
Since 5/3 is going to be cancelled due to the episode being leaked online, I assume 4/26 and 5/10 will be the last 2 FPG's before The Goodson-Dobkowitz Cup?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 08:40:03 PM »
Since 5/3 is going to be cancelled due to the episode being leaked online, I assume 4/26 and 5/10 will be the last 2 FPG's before The Goodson-Dobkowitz Cup?

Actually, we don't have to cancel the FPG in two weeks.  We could just move it up one day and do it on Thursday 5/2.  (Isn't that still 6272K?)

*bleep*  6272K was from NCAA week.  I give up.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 08:44:34 PM by BRB_TheFireball »

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
Why can't we just have a mock-FPG this week where the results don't get added?

I just like playing the game anyway; who cares about the playoffs?   :D
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.