Author Topic: Happy 10th Anniversary, Golden-Road! (forums)  (Read 45355 times)

Offline Snuffleupagus

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Happy 10th Anniversary, Golden-Road! (forums)
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »
Happy belated birthday.

Although I found this site in 2008, I never decided to join until this past year. And even then, I only check this place out once in a while just to see what happened on the day's show. But today, GoldenRoad, I will try to honor you.

From the beginnings; to the dark days of Horan and Heine; to Rosen f***ing up the site; to DuffNation and his countless troll accounts; to the departure of Bob and the hiring of Drew; to the perfect bid; to Mike screwing everything up; and even to Encyclopedia Dramatica and Game Show Garbage.

And to the countless designs and layouts; to GRECO, The Amazing Race, and all the play-alongs; and all the discussions of the recaps and everything else in between.

You've gotten through every single one of those things with relative ease, and for that, I salute you.

Although some people here may be a little nutty, I like you guys. With everything you've gone through above, it's hard to believe it's been 10 years.

And here's to ten more.

--Snuffleupagus

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 11:00:32 AM »
Happy 10 years to Golden-Road.net, and may the next ten be even better than the last ten!

I've only been a member of the site for a little less than nine years, but I figured this post would be as good as any to celebrate a little milestone of my own.  (Yes, I know bragging about my post count is technically a rules violation.  I don't care.)  I may not be around nearly as much as I used to, for a variety of reasons, but I do check up around here on a regular basis and try to add my voice of reason every now and then.

EDIT: "Loyal Friend and True"?  Tres cool.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:06:59 AM by PriceFanArmadillo »
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 11:07:51 AM »
Happy 10th Golden-Road.net glad to be part of this awesome website

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 12:23:43 PM »
I first joined on December 1, 2004.  My favorite memories of this site include meeting/getting to know all of you, getting together every morning (and sometimes evenings during a MDS) for chat, and of course co-hosting the Team GRRR 1st Anniversary Special with Bully in HYO.  It's been an incredible ride so far, and I can't wait to make more Price-less memories with all of you!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 01:47:32 PM »
EDIT: "Loyal Friend and True"?  Tres cool.

You and me, buddy.  It's an exclusive club. :)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 01:52:02 PM »
Happy Anniversary! Here's to ten more wonderful years  :biggrin:

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 09:06:03 PM »
Happy 10th anniversary to this awesome site.

Offline FamilyFeud1994

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Up for some Bankroll?
    • My Podcast (Drop the Mic)
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 08:59:50 PM »
Happy 10th anniversary to one of my new favorite sites, G-R.net!
"YOU ON FAMILY FEUD! THIS AIN'T A COMEDY ROUTINE!"

Perhaps you should practice what you preach, Steve.

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 07:38:40 PM »
Wow has it been 10 years already.    Can't even start to list out all the things that have happened at this sit in 10 years.

Thanks to Marc, John, and countless others (forgive me for not listing everyone) that have put what has to be 1000's of hours of time into this site.

Cheers!
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 11:03:27 PM »
I didn't even know it has been 10 years. Wow how time flys when you are having fun.  I never even knew this site existed until mid-season 31 when I realized that rod was no longer being shown on camera and I started googling it and ended up coming to this site on the old MSN boards.  We should all thank Marc, John and the countless moderators on this site for keeping it what it is.  Here is to many many more.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 06:34:47 PM »
Even though I've been on this site for the past seven years, I've essentially been a "lurker" for quite awhile and never realized that this place was actually ten years old. For those who don't know me very well, I'm a man of very few spoken words; I prefer to put everything down in writing.  Marc and John have done a bang-up job in keeping this place up and running for as long as it's been up--even while we were going through the 2006-2007 Bandwidth Crisis that nearly destroyed things.  Aside from Marc and John, there are lots of people that need to be recognized for their contribution to this site:

Bob Barker
Drew Carey
Rich Fields
Chuck Dukas
Roger Dobkowitz
Scott Robinson

Without the contributions from the people I just mentioned, Golden-Road.net would never have existed.  They were the ones who gave us an insider's look into the well-oiled machine that is "The Price is Right."

What a ride it has been.  Here's to ten more years! :pint:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 05:16:42 PM »
Here's some nostalgia... Way back when i think i'd first released my version of price and found the site, John asked me to make some of these now "ANCIENT" graphics

BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline brettreilly

• In the Audience
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 07:31:46 PM »
I remember those, BigJon! Nice.
Happy 10th to G-R.net, I have been on the forums lurking for basically the entire time but haven't posted much. A lot of praise is deserved for all those who have put countless amounts of effort into this webpage including Marc, John, and Steve. Let's go for another 10 years, shall we?

Offline tripleplay92

• Outside in Line
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2013, 12:15:30 AM »
Congrats for the sites 10th year! Please unlock my posts.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 12:30:39 AM »
Congrats for the sites 10th year! Please unlock my posts.

You created a thread about a petition to get Total Request Live back on the air.  Such petitions do not work.  As such, there is nothing useful that can come out of having that thread open; therefore, it is not getting unlocked.

Also, this is a completely inappropriate way to use this thread.    In fact, the only reason I haven't deleted your post is that I can't delete posts in The Front Office.  Between this and creating the TRL thread with your first post, though, you are not off to a flying start here.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.