Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/24/2013 (Big Money Week: Day III)  (Read 22406 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: TPiR Recap - 4/24/2013 (Big Money Week: Day III)
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2013, 05:56:31 PM »
Recap posted.

Expect an update of my schedule thread in a few minutes.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2013, 06:20:02 PM »
Check out the show's tout page & I think you'll see Mr. Richards present a novelty $100K check in her house to Ani!

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 06:24:28 PM »
Finally a $100,000 win on Pay The Rent - spectacular! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:  Congrautlations, Ani! :-)  Would've been even more awesome to see her win both showcases or $26,000 on the Big Wheel and break the daytime winnings record (the $26,000 win would've made her total $150,017), but still an awesome day for Ani!  The rest of the show was pretty good too, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline trustno1

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 06:43:24 PM »
Does anyone have the updated top-10 Daytime Prizewinners listed?

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 07:09:12 PM »
I wonder what will happen next: The Cubs winning another World Series or a $50,000-Punchboard win.  :rollold:

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 07:28:12 PM »
I have to admit that I wasn't very excited about Pay The Rent finally being won. It just wasn't that much of an accomplishment with so many winning combinations. To me it was a bit like the first million-dollar win in US prime time WWTBAM. It was an historic moment, nonetheless.

As I wrote earlier, I wouldn't like to be a former Rent player now watching someone win the $100K with what I believe was a record number of winning combinations.

By the way, another -89 ending in Lucky $even. With a 1 before that. Looks like someone wanted Lucky lost and Rent won.

Offline trustno1

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2013, 07:34:44 PM »
I actually found a site which lists the top 20.
It is here:

http://www.tpirsummaries.8m.com/Other/TopTen.html

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2013, 07:39:25 PM »
With Day 3 of Big Money Week, Hell has finally froze over.................

THE BAD NEWS:

L7: "The Kiss Of Death" (Camaro) strikes again............Bad for Beata.

5PT: Even though the winning tag was the bottom, it was the cheap one..............What is this, Gas Money?  :-?

ME: That 64 inch TV seemed a little pricey to me.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Switch?: Easy win for David!

Flip-Flop: Same for Charles!

And finally........................

Pay The Rent: Over two years, we endured bailouts, fakeouts, and losses, and there wasn't a solid win from it. Thankfully Ani has did the one thing so many has unfortunately failed. Obviously there were many combinations, but she really prevailed at the end, finally winning $100K! Plus, she also had a good Showcase bid and win, but she almost came close as a DSW. Still it was a good day for her!

Another half and half show, but finally a complete Rent win!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 07:42:50 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2013, 07:46:19 PM »
With Day 3 of Big Money Week, Hell has finally froze over.................

THE BAD NEWS:

L7: "The Kiss Of Death" (Camaro) strikes again............Bad for Beata.

5PT: Even though the winning tag was the bottom, it was the cheap one..............What is this, Gas Money?  :-?

ME: That 64 inch TV seemed a little pricey to me.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Switch?: Easy win for David!

Flip-Flop: Same for Charles!

And finally........................

Pay The Rent: Over two years, we endured bailouts, fakeouts, and losses, and there wasn't a solid win from it. Thankfully Ani has did the one thing so many has unfortunately failed. Obviously there were many combinations, but she really prevailed at the end, finally winning $100K! Plus, she also had a good Showcase bid and win, but she almost came close as a DSW. Still it was a good day for her!

Another half and half show, but finally a complete Rent win!

L7: There was no "kiss of death". A Camaro win just wasn't meant to be today. But I agree with you on everything else.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Snuffleupagus

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2013, 08:11:45 PM »

Courtesy of Scorpz:
#1: VickyAnn ($147,517, 2006)
#2: Denise ($140,235, 2008)
#3: Ani ($124,017, 2013)
#4: Stephanie ($104,346, 2012)
#5: Judy ($101,244, 2010)
#6: Rose Ann ($98,484, 2007)
#7: Amy ($97,130, 2004)
#8: Bobette ($97,080, 2005)
#9: Mary ($94,028, 2006)
#10: Devon ($91,366, 2007)

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2013, 08:53:39 PM »
At least some big money got won for big money week after the 3rd try (and on the one game they didn't change the amount of for the week).  Maybe that should be a sign to someone?

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2013, 09:00:55 PM »
Check out the show's tout page & I think you'll see Mr. Richards present a novelty $100K check in her house to Ani!
My apologies, but what page? (Also, it would be a good idea to actually link to the page.)

They gave a game an easier setup and someone wins.. Why would they take it out of rotation or retire it because of that? This happens all the time (granted, usually not with games that offer as much as Pay The Rent does).
Pay the Rent was clearly, from its inception, meant to offer a big prize that had little to no chance of being won because of the high difficulty. Beginning this season, however, it has gone on a $100,000 Mission that finally paid off.

The sole purpose of the game was to be in the rotation until it was won.

If someone wins Golden Road would you ask for its retirement as well? Its total amount of prizes is sometimes close to $100,000.
There is a difference -- Golden Road offers solely prizes, whilst Pay the Rent solely offers cash. Cash always costs money.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2013, 09:13:21 PM »
Today's show proves that it doesn't have to take an over-the-top special to give away huge amounts, with only the dollar symbol on stage being the only real giveaway. And it was good to see the mailbox not be the least expensive item, since unless Mike wants an eventual win, that's not the way to play. I felt something good was going to happen after Ani picked the items. I also like how they tone down the dings for the $1,000 (just one) and $5,000 (about three or four) to show that $10,000 is the real decision point. Seeing many audience members do the bailout sign made me wonder for a moment "Wow, what could have been", then as soon as Ani said "I'm going!" something special was going to happen: The BIGGEST CASH WINNER IN DAYTIME TPIR HISTORY! Top that with her excellent showcase bid and win, the closing seemed like a vintage $oTC episode with the car on stage with a big cash sign in front along with many people on stage.

As for the rest, we have simple wins on Switch? and Flip Flop. Most Expensive was blown since a 62" 3D TV is in the big screen category and I never doubted it. It's a shame L7 was lost since she guessed the second number on the nose, the only place where good pricing matters. But with that setup along with being a Camaro, 3 out of 4 contestants wouldn't even make it to the final number. FPT was set up for a win since Kia Rio is easily one of the least expensive cars out there and the $15K choice seemed quite obvious, with only $16K the other realistic possibility. But it wasn't meant to be. That said, the contestants were fun and varied today and it was cool to see George sliding down the treadmill in ME.

Let's not spoil future shows, not everyone has seen the spoilers. -cu :)

Show Grade: A-
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:53:35 PM by cu2010 »
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline billiamk

• In the Audience
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2013, 09:26:44 PM »
Even with multiple... multiple... winning combinations it was still exciting to see Pay the Rent won.

But that was the saddest confetti launch/drop I have ever seen.  It looked like someone off camera was just tossing a few handfuls of confetti into the air.  I guess when you award the $100K you can't afford too much confetti.  LOL
Insert witty and/or creative signature here

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2013, 09:38:53 PM »
I wonder how Roger Dobkowitz is going to react to this? If he saw it, he may be stunned with the result!