Author Topic: Kennedy TPIR - Golden Road for a Ferrari  (Read 3268 times)

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
Re: Kennedy TPIR - Golden Road for a Ferrari
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:39:10 PM »
Well, I'm pleasantly surprised today's show wasn't the first time a Ferrari was ever offered on TPIR.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 02:13:12 PM »
Now I'm thinking that they should've played Golden Road for the Ferrari instead of 3 Strikes, then maybe the player would've had a better chance to win.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 02:24:23 PM »
I heard for years that a Kennedy episode featured a Ferrari at the end of the Golden Road once, but I've never seen it until now.  The daytime show offered Porsches, Jaguars, and other high-end European sports and luxury cars around the same time.  A $43,917 Porsche 911 was won in a 1986 playing of Golden Road, according to the Golden Gallery.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 06:00:58 AM »
I think that this Ferrari had to be the most expensive prize ever given away on The Price is Right up to that point. According to an inflation calculator $60,000 in 1985 is the equivalent of $129,000 in 2013. Very impressive.

Someone correct me if they've offered something even more expensive during that time period.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.