Author Topic: cu's Price is Right: Episode Six  (Read 42040 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: cu's Price is Right: Episode Six: FINAL
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2013, 02:23:13 PM »

Flerbie, you bid $14,341 on your showcase. Actual retail price of your showcase is...

...sixteen thousand, nine forty-two ($16,942), for a difference of...

*ding!* $2601. Pretty solid bid right there.

But does it beat J? J, you bid $25,920 on your showcase. And J, the actual retail price of your showcase IS...

...twenty-four thousand, three seventy-nine ($24,379)...

*bonk!* You're over, and Flerbie wins! *dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding!* *Main theme '07*

$22,386 for Flerbie today, well done. Enjoy your prizes. This is cu, reminding you, help control the overbidder population, have your CSS bids shaved or cut down. Goodbye everyone!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 02:32:55 PM by cu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
Re: cu's Price is Right: Episode Six: FINAL
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2013, 02:26:23 PM »
CU’S PRICE IS RIGHT
EPISODE #006GR

The following suppliers of products
have paid for their use
and promotion:
NOBODY. GETTING PAID FOR STUFF? WHAT KIND OF CONCEPT IS THAT?

The following suppliers of products
or services have furnished them
free or less than retail:
THE EMPORIUM OF JUBILANT JUNK AND. EVERYTHING ELSE WE HAD TO PAY FOR…OR RETURN, IN THE CASE IT WASN’T WON.

Model’s Wardrobe
Fashioned By:
THEMSELVES. WE’RE NOT THEIR MOTHERS. THEY CAN DRESS THEMSELVES.

All prices are the suggested
manufacturer’s supplier’s retail
price unless otherwise announced.

All contestants must meet eligibility requirements
in order to receive announced fake prizes.

This is some random announcer, speaking for, cu's Price is Right!
A Random Netgame Production!

Executive Producer
CU2010

Producer
PRODUCER

Associate Producers
PRODUCER JR.
STANCU2010
JEFF

Directed By
DIRECTOR

Associate Director
DIRECTOR JR.

Stage Manager
*Help Wanted*

Contestant Coordinator
STANCU2010

Music Director
YE ALMIGHTY SOUND EFFECTS ROBOT

Production Assistants
PRIZES22
STUDENTS FROM THE CU2010 IMAGINARY SCHOOL OF INTERNETCASTING

Production Designer
NOT JEFF

Announcer
SOME RANDOM ANNOUNCER

Models
LESLIE
KATE
MEGAN

RECORDED AT
HOST YOUR OWN FORUM
GOLDEN-ROAD.NET, TEH INTERWEBZ.

RANDOM NETGAME PRODUCTIONS

That's a wrap for this episode...notes coming soon. :)

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
Re: cu's Price is Right: Episode Six
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2013, 12:29:12 AM »
Fun stats time!

Winnings by Contestant:
goldroadfanatic: $28,940
Flerbert419: $22,386
thepriceis_J: $16,010
DarkShockBro: $7644
GuyWithFace: $1727
Guint: $775
TOTAL WINNINGS: $77,482

Showcase Breakdowns:

SC1: Natalie and Danielle's Adventures in Jail
Range: $1089
Handcuffs: $95
Ram 1500: $23,195
ARP SC1: $24,379

SC2: How to Be a Pokémon Master
3DS XL package: $495
HDTV/Anime package: $3659
Trip to Japan: $11,788
$1000: duh
ARP SC2: $16,942

-Switch and Two Pair are the only games I really wanted won. The others were supposed to be lost. Good work, guys, for causing this show to be 4/6. Of course, the two losses were on probably my two nastiest setups...though I expected Pathy to be lost quicker.
-The trip to Syracuse in Spree, obviously, was a trap. I deliberately made the trip a mere 70 miles down the Thruway the most expensive. Fun fact: the flight from Rochester to Syracuse had a layover in Washington, DC...yeah, it's quicker and cheaper to drive.
-The idea for Two Pair came to me at work one day. The original working title for the game was "First, Last, or Out", then the name came to me as I was further devising the rules. It's a simple game that takes mere minutes to play, and I hope to be able to play it again. (Likewise, if anyone else wants to use it for their games, go right ahead...and anyone else daring can draw a better set for it. We're kinda broke. :lol:)
-I switched to a formula for calculating Big Wheel spins...and what do I get, three dollar spins! Likewise, this was the first time additional money was won...every other bonus spin to this point has resulted in nothing.
-The graphics for this show were some of the most complex ones I've ever done. Switch in particular took forever. Pathfinder was pretty time-consuming as well. Gas Money took about ten months...but only because I had started it, intending to play it for the MDS, then just got lazy and stopped working on it. (Likewise, I have a half-finished Dice Game graphic that I started almost two years ago!)
-The theme for the first Showcase was pretty much determined after the MDS. I thought it'd be fun to have an ongoing "storyline" carry over between shows. The theme for the second Showcase, on the other hand, just kinda hit me at work...I love Pokemon, I know others here do, too, and it worked.
-The truck in the first Showcase was originally planned for Pathfinder. However, a truck fit better in the theme than anything else did, and I didn't want two trucks on one show, so I swapped them out.
-Nobody won the First Four Pass. Flerbie was the closest, but was outside the range I wanted...we'll try again next time.

That's all for now...Episode Seven will come eventually. For now, comments are welcome, including those pertaining to Two Pair. :)