Author Topic: What would you change to wheel?  (Read 5195 times)

Offline Mr. X

• In Contestant's Row
What would you change to wheel?
« on: April 28, 2013, 04:33:23 PM »
What would you do to Wheel of Fortune if you produced it? For me, I would offer more prizes in the Bonus Round, and change the Mystery Prize to something in the $3,000 to $6,000 range.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: What would you change to wheel?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 04:50:13 PM »
I know its peculiar, but one thing I would change if the size of the wedges.

Right now, each wedge covers 4 pegs and makes it very obvious where the spin will land. Instead, I would make each wedge cover 3 pegs.

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 05:37:40 PM »
* Make it more easier to claim the MDW by making the wedge available even after someone hits bankrupt after claiming it.
* Include 4 more million dollar envelopes so the odds of winning the million are 5 in 24.
* Include more common prizes other than trips and cash (i.e., video games, stereos, HDTVs, etc.)
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline MannyCav

• Walking the Golden Road
  • My forum signature vanished. PM if you have info.
    • Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions>—This is my Play-Asia affiliate link for video game shopping.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 06:09:52 PM »
  • Move the Jackpot Round back to the 2nd round with $3,500. I never understood why they did this in the first place, unless it was to cut money out of the potential Jackpot. This would necessitate moving the Mystery Round back to 3rd, and the Prize Puzzle Round to 1st.
  • Possibly figuring out a way to make the Prize Puzzle so that it doesn't contribute to shooting a contestant too far out to catch (or in situations where that makes up the bulk of the contestant's winnings in a sub-$10,000 situation, yet is enough to win with). Dick Clark's Pyramid doesn't let trips count towards the total score that determines who's the champion at the end of the day. I think this is a good policy. I'd also be fine with the Prize Puzzle being removed, though it's not something that I want or think needs to be done.
  • Make $1,000 and $1,500 fixtures again.
  • Remove all Toss-ups except for the first one, and make that one worth $3,000. The winner will both be interviewed first and spin in the first round. This is to cut out the Toss-ups that take away time from the main game, and offering little money that sometimes evaporates at the end of the game because of the $1,000 (and sometimes $2,000) house minimum.
  • Think about a $5,500 wedge somewhere in the game (possibly by removing $3,500 from one of the rounds). That would be both cool in a strange way, and strange in a cool way.
  • Extend the current policy of offering money for each litter in a Wild Card hit to all prize wedges, including the Million Dollar Wedge, gift tags, prizes/trips, and half-cars.
b]*This signature has been removed by an anonymous admin without sending me a full copy of the signature, pointing out what was in rules violation, or an explanation or message to me of any kind. Answers to this mystery would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me.*[/b]

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 07:16:43 PM »
1. Get rid of the Prize Puzzle and put another prize wedge in its place.
2. Add an extra Wild Card to the wheel.
3. Replace some of the $30K and $35K envelopes with bigger dollar amounts in the bonus round wheel ($55,000-$75,000).
4. Also add a luxury car (over $50K) to the bonus round wheel ($5,000 cash bonus still applies).
5. Add new permanent wedges to the wheel: $1,000, $1,500, and $2,000, available in every round.
6. The Mystery Wedge is no longer just $10,000. It could be any big prize, changing each week. A $5,000+ prize package, $5,000-$15,000 in cash, or a car worth up to over $20K.
7. If the Million Dollar Wedge is picked up, but not won in the round, or lost to Bankrupt even after it is won, it goes back on the wheel in the next round.
8. Remove the opening Toss-Up and make the second worth $3,000.
9. The tiebreaker Toss-Up is worth $3,000.
10. Add an extra $100,000 envelope to the bonus round wheel.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 07:42:54 PM »
  • Extend the current policy of offering money for each litter in a Wild Card hit to all prize wedges, including the Million Dollar Wedge, gift tags, prizes/trips, and half-cars.

They already do $500 for everything *but* the Million Dollar Wedge as of this season.

Offline MannyCav

• Walking the Golden Road
  • My forum signature vanished. PM if you have info.
    • Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions>—This is my Play-Asia affiliate link for video game shopping.
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 08:40:28 PM »
I was pretty much aware of the gift tag and whatever, but I wanted to be sure to list everything, including the Million Dollar Wedge.
b]*This signature has been removed by an anonymous admin without sending me a full copy of the signature, pointing out what was in rules violation, or an explanation or message to me of any kind. Answers to this mystery would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me.*[/b]

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 11:33:43 PM »
If I ran the show...

-Get rid of the first Toss-Up. It's pointless. Interview players from left to right, do a $1000 Toss-up for the rights to start Round 1. Round 1 would be a normal round.

-No more Prize Puzzle. It's silly and too often determines the winners.

-Jackpot Round goes back to Round 3. $10K wedge returns to Round 2. Mystery Round disappears.

-The Prize Wedge gets added in Round 2. A second Prize Wedge gets added in Round 3. Gift tag disappears.

-Wild Card disappears, it's hardly ever used properly, and Pat too often has to prod contestants to use it for additional consonants in the maingame.

-Free Spins return to the wheel, replacing the Free Play. The Free Play has pretty much become Free Vowel.

-The Bonus Round would return to offering two cars weekly, along with cash.

-Oh yeah...make vowels $500.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:51:51 PM by cu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GameShowDude

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 09:12:50 AM »
I would get rid of the background music during the speed round and bonus round.  Also there are too many cockamamie categories.  I liked it better in the good old days when there were only these broad categories:  person (or people), proper name(s), place(s), thing(s), phrase, title, same name, before & after, quotation, fictional character(s), fictional place(s), landmark,  clue, event(s), and fill in the blank (or number). 

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 09:39:28 AM »
Obligatory "put things back the way they were because I am a curmudgeon" suggestion.

Obligatory "throw more money at the contestants because I have no idea how financing works" suggestion.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 09:56:37 AM »
Step 1. Fire Pat Sajak
Step 2. Hire Brad Sherwood
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »
See my Wheels here (scroll down to my name)...

-No Toss-Ups. More time for real Puzzles.

-No more Mystery, Prize Puzzle, Gift Tags, 1/2 Car, Free Play. Every other space on the wheel doesn't have to be covered with something.

-Free Spin token returns for Rounds 1-2.

-Wild Card available for Rounds 2-3.

-MDW covers second Bankrupt and is available in Rounds 3+.

-Two Wheel prizes, added in Rounds 2 and 4. Will stay on until won.

-Surprise available Rounds 1-3.

-Jackpot back to round 3.

-No more $500 per letter on a special space. Contestants need to earn their money and it shouldn't be just given to them.

-Vowels worth $500.

-House minimum $500. But consolation still $1,000.

-More bonus categories return.

-Returning champions for 3 days or $500,000 limit.

-Prizes return to the bonus round.

Bonus Wheel configuration:

(3) $25,000
(2) $30,000
(2) $35,000
(2) $40,000
(2) $45,000
(2) $50,000
(1) $65,000
(1) $75,000
(1) $100,000
(2) Prize #1
(2) Prize #2
(2) Prize #3
(2) Prize #4

-Each prize can only be won once:

-If one prize is won, it is replaced with a $25,000 and $30,000.
-If another is won, it is replaced with a $35,000 and $40,000
-If another is won, it is replaced with a $45,000 and $50,000
-If the last is won it is replaced with a $65,000 and $75,000...

...but what are the odds of that?  :oldlol:

The Free Play has pretty much become Free Vowel.

Amen.

I liked it better in the good old days when there were only these broad categories:  person (or people), proper name(s), place(s), thing(s), phrase, title, same name, before & after, quotation, fictional character(s), fictional place(s), landmark,  clue, event(s), and fill in the blank (or number). 

I agree, but some of the "sub" categories are ok, like What Are You Doing? (at least when it's not Prize Puzzle-esque). It's also debatable whether or not Person and Proper Name should have ever been split into two.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:57:25 PM by William »
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 06:20:55 PM »
Dump toss-ups and the Trip Puzzle, er I mean Prize Puzzle. Bring back Free Spin, increase vowels to $500, change the wheel configuration each round, add a few four digit values especially in the fourth plus round. Oh yeah, dump the add $1000 to the final spin rule.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 09:14:19 PM »
What would you do to Wheel of Fortune if you produced it? For me, I would offer more prizes in the Bonus Round, and change the Mystery Prize to something in the $3,000 to $6,000 range.
Why would you want the mystery prize lowered?  Nobody would risk their money for a prize in that range.  Heck, even $10,000 isn't too much worth the risk for most amounts.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 09:21:02 PM »
Why would you want the mystery prize lowered?  Nobody would risk their money for a prize in that range.  Heck, even $10,000 isn't too much worth the risk for most amounts.

People risk $1,000 for $5,000 every single time Pay the Rent is played on Price. ;)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz