Author Topic: What would you change to wheel?  (Read 5167 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: What would you change to wheel?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 10:04:16 PM »
I know its peculiar, but one thing I would change if the size of the wedges.

Right now, each wedge covers 4 pegs and makes it very obvious where the spin will land. Instead, I would make each wedge cover 3 pegs.

They already do?  Or do you mean that they should change it from 3 pegs to 2 pegs, in which case, I really don't agree.

Anyway, trying to be realistic about what Wheel of Fortune is nowadays, I do think the $5000 wedge should be moved up to round 3.  It used to be the star wedge of the show, and because of timing issues, now it hardly gets a chance to get into play, all while $3500 inexplicably gets two rounds.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:08:43 PM by Frank15 »

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 01:01:57 AM »
If I could make only one change, it would be to eliminate the Prize Puzzle. The moving up of the $5,000 wedge to Round 3 is a pretty good idea too.

Offline ASja2002

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 05:29:15 PM »
1.I'd get rid of the prize puzzle and toss-ups and put out a wheel prize for rounds 2 and a third for 3+
2.I'd get rid of the $+1000 on the last spin and put the $1,000 $1,500 and $2,000 on the wheel for Round 4
3. Vowels now $500
4. Bring back returning champs, J! style (play until defeated)
So basically...

Round 1:
TDV:$2,000
Million Wedge,
$2,500-$5,000 prize
Jackpot Starts at $5,000+$1,000 each night until won(instead of per each spin)
Wild Card,Return of Free Spin+Double Play
No more 1/2 cars

Round 2:
TDV-$2,500
2 $1,000 spaces on wheel
$4,000-$7,000 prize

No Mystery Wedges

Round 3:
TDV-$3,500
2 $1,000 spaces + 1 $1,500 space on wheel
$8,000-$19,000 prize (Sometimes but not always a Car)
2 Bankrupts+B/$M$/B on wheel

Round 4:(Person trailing starts Round 4)

Base wheel with 2 Bankrupts and Lose a Turn
TDV-$5,000
2 -$1,000,
2 -$1,250,
2 -$1,500,
2 -$2,000

Round 5 (speed round,unless time runs short in 4)
Replace $5K with $10K

Bonus Round,
6-$25K
3-$50K
3-$75K
2-Car #1
2-Car #2
2-Luxury Trip
2-Deluxe Prize 1
2-Deluxe Prize 2
1-$100,000
1-$200,000
If Million is in play, replace a $25K with the Million
First QSW!! 2/8/13

Everyone be careful out there!

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 05:37:16 PM »
Bring back the shopping element  8-O

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 06:21:16 PM »
Bring back the shopping element  8-O

Bring back Megaword. :P

In all seriousness, the reason the Prize Puzzle was implemented in the first place (reward someone at home with the same prize won by the contestant) isn't even there anymore. Now it's just one of the biggest snitches in the game that almost guarantees a bonus round trip if solved. If it were up to me, I'd scrap it since in serves no other purpose.

Same goes with the Free Spin. Nobody used it for a free vowel which is essentially what everyone does on Free Play.

And what is it with ditching ampersands in favor of spelling out and? Isn't that why it was changed in the first place?

I also miss the Bonus categories. Those were a lot of fun.

There's also nothing wrong with more four-digit amounts on the wheel since the house minimum is way too generous.

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 01:56:43 AM »
In all seriousness, the reason the Prize Puzzle was implemented in the first place (reward someone at home with the same prize won by the contestant) isn't even there anymore. Now it's just one of the biggest snitches in the game that almost guarantees a bonus round trip if solved.

I'm far from a Wheel expert, but from what I've read, people who solve the Prize Puzzle would have gone to the bonus round anyway in most cases. Still, it's the show throwing away money and most contestants seem to forget about it.

I would like to see more expensive vowels, and some wedges over $900 that aren't sparkly.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 02:18:15 AM »
I'm far from a Wheel expert, but from what I've read, people who solve the Prize Puzzle would have gone to the bonus round anyway in most cases.

Just to provide some insight here, 70% of game winners last season solved the Prize Puzzle.

30% of those contestants only won because the Prize Puzzle counted in their total score.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 05:53:11 AM »
Yeah, I'd bring back Clue and Fill in the Blank because I find those to be fun.

I'd also travel with the show more. The economy is starting to take an upturn, I think it is time to get out on the road more. Now I don't want to go overboard like they did in the late 90s, but two or three times a season would be nice instead of an entire month in this place or that place. The same goes for Jeopardy, which I think should start going to different colleges for the College Tournament again. I miss that.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 07:11:10 AM »
Let's see...if I were to be in charge of a show that's had a remarkable streak of success by evolving and moving forward--doing new things--one thing I wouldn't do is go backwards.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 07:43:17 AM »
Let's see...if I were to be in charge of a show that's had a remarkable streak of success by evolving and moving forward--doing new things--one thing I wouldn't do is go backwards.
I'd agree except when it comes to categories. They've brought some back before and bringing some back wouldn't exactly be hindering evolution.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 07:52:36 AM »
I'd agree except when it comes to categories. They've brought some back before and bringing some back wouldn't exactly be hindering evolution.

This season, though, they dropped "Fictional" from "Fictional Character(s)". Go figure.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 06:03:25 PM »
In all seriousness, the reason the Prize Puzzle was implemented in the first place (reward someone at home with the same prize won by the contestant) isn't even there anymore.
Not quite. According to The Wheel of Fortune History Wiki, the Prize Puzzle debuted September 11, 2003 and did not begin rewarding viewers until March 15, 2004 (despite the fact that the Wheel Watchers Club debuted in March 2003).

As such, the current use of the Prize Puzzle was the reason it was implemented in the first place.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline AussieEvil

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Not Hurt By Pain™
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 04:01:59 AM »
I'd have it so that the Prize Puzzle prize doesn't count in the front game score and remove Toss-Up #1 -- seriously, those should only to determine who gets control of the wheel.

Also remove the theme week gimmick and themed set rotation. Jeopardy! gets along fine without changing the scenery every friggin week.
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 05:11:20 AM »
Also remove the theme week gimmick and themed set rotation. Jeopardy! gets along fine without changing the scenery every friggin week.

By the same logic, however, one could say Wheel gets along fine with changing sets, so Jeopardy should adopt that approach.  :D

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 10:18:52 AM »
To be fair, the two 1/2 Car tags can contend with the Prize Puzzle, even if the trip HAS to be won.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.