Author Topic: What would you change to wheel?  (Read 5190 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: What would you change to wheel?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 01:36:16 AM »
After some thought on this, I've thought of another thing they ought to do:  bring back Changing Keys in some form.  It's actually both funny and sad that Joe Plinko... err, Joe Bankrupt seems to still associate Changing Keys, and not Happy Wheels, as the Wheel of Fortune song, even after a decade.  They've been trying to make Happy Wheels work, but it's just too generic for a main theme.

I'll readily admit that the show does a lot of things that I do not personally like, but work for the show anyway.  The theme ain't one of those things, though.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 07:58:00 AM »
They've been trying to make it work....and the show remains atop its heap. So how have they not been succeeding?

Offline MannyCav

• Walking the Golden Road
  • My forum signature vanished. PM if you have info.
    • Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions>—This is my Play-Asia affiliate link for video game shopping.
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 10:57:26 AM »
What I think Frank15's saying (and I agree) is that the current theme is too generic, and doesn't resonate with fans or viewers the way Changing Keys in its many forms did. This doesn't mean the show itself isn't doing good. It's position atop the syndication list is a clear indication of that. It's just that the theme isn't one of the reasons for that success (I don't imagine most people tune in for the music). The theme isn't as memorable or immediate associative of Wheel of Fortune as Changing Keys, and hasn't aged too well, blending in with this sort of generic game show theme style. Thus, the music isn't fully successful in what it's trying to do, but that doesn't hamper the overall success of the show as a whole.

Also, am I the only one noticing a different default text font on Golden-Road.net?
b]*This signature has been removed by an anonymous admin without sending me a full copy of the signature, pointing out what was in rules violation, or an explanation or message to me of any kind. Answers to this mystery would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me.*[/b]

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 11:14:16 AM »
Also, am I the only one noticing a different default text font on Golden-Road.net?

OK, I not the only one.  :-)

Another thing I would change about Wheel is the number of panels on the bonus spin wheel. I personally think there are too many.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 12:50:54 PM »
Manny said it perfectly, imhomerjay.  Few viewers are going to stop watching because they don't care about the theme, as long as they like almost everything else about the show.

Think about it like this:  the show has a lot more product placement than it did twenty hears ago--does that mean viewers love the product placement?

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 03:47:58 PM »
What I think Frank15's saying (and I agree) is that the current theme is too generic, and doesn't resonate with fans or viewers the way Changing Keys in its many forms did. [...] The theme isn't as memorable or immediate associative of Wheel of Fortune as Changing Keys, and hasn't aged too well, blending in with this sort of generic game show theme style.
All this should also be taken with this note: Jeopardy! has kept some semblance of the Merv Griffin-composed theme tune since its 1984 return, whereas Wheel has no trace of Griffin-composed tracks.

I have noticed it as well.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2013, 12:25:06 AM »
Wheel of Fortune has a theme song?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy