Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/30/2013  (Read 8577 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 4/30/2013
« on: April 30, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:35:13 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Re: TPiR Recap - 4/30/2013
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 01:42:26 PM »
#4: Bargain Game - W
#5: Lucky $even - W

And a "$1, Bob!!"
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 01:44:59 PM »
Oh, so a fairly boring first half, ok. Average show.

You could have fooled me this was 6335. Spree 1st and Bag last is FPG slotting.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:47:18 PM by Wayoshi »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 02:12:52 PM »
Today was 6334K, taped 3/20. Originally scheduled for this Friday but replaced with Kids.

(Now the Iron Man case makes sense, Iron Man 3 comes out Friday, on 5/3. Too bad Kids had to get bumped up to then and this pushed back into some random day.)

6333K is most likely tomorrow. The word is that 6332 was pushed back to a June airdate for unknown reasons.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:15:08 PM by vadernader »
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 03:24:32 PM »
Looking at the setups elsewhere, fairly brutal car game setups today (although Path shouldn't have gone as badly as it did... $400 SP though? Really?) and honestly only Bargain was easy. Bleh.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 03:35:29 PM »
Recap posted.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 03:48:12 PM »
Marsha was fun to watch.  She played It's in the Bag fairly well considering the difficult setup and was rewarded with $4,000.  The fact that she eventually won an Audi at the end made her whole appearance all the more awesome.

Personally, I didn't care fore Drew's "Oh no, you're going to pay taxes on a new Audi!" reveal for the showcase.  Saying the ARP would have sufficed, along with some commentary about Marsha's performance.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 03:53:52 PM »
I didn't see the first 5 games because of the President's speech.

It's In The Bag:  Same old same old.  What does Drew mean that people win this game a lot? ???  I thought a win was going all the way & winning the $16,000, which rarely happens.
Showcase:
Personally, I didn't care fore Drew's "Oh no, you're going to pay taxes on a new Audi!" reveal for the showcase.  Saying the ARP would have sufficed, along with some commentary about Marsha's performance.
I didn't care for it either.  IMO, Drew took all the suspense out of the reveal.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »
Considering that Drew usually grimaces at a close over, it actually worked for me today. But watch him overuse it now...

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 04:09:29 PM »

IMO, Drew took all the suspense out of the reveal.

IMO, Drew added suspense into which would normally be a bleh "you won because he was WAYYYY under" reveal.

All of the time when Drew grimaces at showcase ARPs, it means they were BARELY over, which even faked me out when he did it and it turned out she wasn't. However, if he starts making this a habit, then yes, it can get dull.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 06:40:10 PM »
Turns out we missed an average Bag-Path show. Although I liked the slotting of this - throwing an MP 1st in is always a nice touch. L7 was definitely not supposed to be won, but 18k is pretty easy on a Civic, and then an easy last number leaves you margin of error on the other two. That's what happens today. If I were watching live would have been ready for another all-extreme setup like last week.

Other than that, meh. I actually think Drew's tax reveal works BETTER in the SC (as long as he doesn't start relying on it as others have said). This is because it does look genuinely close to his reaction at a close overbid.

Timings:
Shopping Spree (4.5) - 4:29
Push Over (4) - 3:18
Pathfinder (6) - 5:42
Bargain Game (3.5) - 2:48
Lucky $even (4.5) - 4:19
It's In The Bag (6.5) - 5:54
Total (29): 26:30

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 07:22:33 PM »
However, if he starts making this a habit, then yes, it can get dull.

He has done it in Card Game and in Pocket ˘hange in the past, so I'm already unimpressed with it.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 07:53:36 PM »
Only saw Bag today due to the conference, so I had to watch the rest online and it was pretty decent.

THE BAD NEWS:

Shopping Spree: Best if Deborah picked the motorcycle instead of the TV.

Pushover: There goes the winning streak..........

Pathfinder: Same ol', same ol'...............And a $400 vaccum? Sheesh................

THE NOT-SO-BAD NEWS:

IITB: Marsha was wise to stop at the Cinnamon Toast Crunch (One of my favorite cereals) but she did made a good bid on her Iron Man 3 Showcase! But this is what Drew said about IITB that was quite questionable:

"People win this game all the time."

THE GOOD NEWS:

Bargain Game: Robert did a good job by picking the grill!

L7: Man, $18814 is a weird looking price for a Civic, but Hadeel was pretty lucky winning that.

SIDE NOTE: How the Civic was presented, I assumed that Gas Money or Pass The Buck was gonna be played. Then again, if Gas Money was played, the only way (so far) for Hadeel to win that is if she didn't pick the cheap price.

Not too bad seeing that it was mostly half-and-half.

He has done it in Card Game and in Pocket ˘hange in the past, so I'm already unimpressed with it.
I think it's best if he stick to saying that on the games and not on showcases. Nevertheless, I hardly care for it, either.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 08:02:19 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 08:00:19 PM »
Is it a shame that this is how I watch the show when I watch it online?

Lucky $even was a miracle. She is very lucky that final number was nice. Making it past those two 8s and that one was a miracle in and of itself.

The "Tax Reveal" works in the showcases because he's never done it before and usually when he groans in the showcase it is always an over/WSD. A crutch is bad, but we've been proven wrong before when some think Drew's about to start overusing a new phrase or reveal. Hopefully he knows its limits.

Blah show.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 08:11:02 PM »
One thing, I don't watch the Iron Man films, but was this the first time in a long while a licensed piece of music was used on the show?  The whole showcase was awesome as well and one of the best this season.