Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/1/2013  (Read 11860 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 5/1/2013
« on: May 01, 2013, 12:59:34 PM »
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:08:04 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/1/2013
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 01:03:12 PM »
Nice to see Robert Preuss in the audience again. Too bad it didn't bring much luck to Mary, but they already have plenty of cars thanks to him.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 01:13:35 PM »
Not much to put up here, seeing that Side-by-Side and Double Cross were easy wins.

Gas Money was pretty much the same all this season so far, except the fact that today the car tag was the one with the 2nd cheapest price.

Overall, mostly some trips were won, making this a 2/6 snore.

IMHO, not a good way to start the month of May...........
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:24:18 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »
Gas Money is pretty much the same all this season, except the fact that today the car tag was the one with the 2nd cheapest price. Somehow, it's starting to become the "Pay The Rent" of car games, seeing that it hasn't been won and I doubt it will for the remainder of the season.

You're really going to make this crappy comparison the week after Pay the Rent is won?
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 01:21:31 PM »
You're really going to make this crappy comparison the week after Pay the Rent is won?
For the record, I removed that statement, so just disregard that, OK?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:25:03 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 01:25:28 PM »
Well, the bonus window is more visible for a loss than for a win, at least.  It still doesn't have nearly the same flourish as the old reveal, though.

Speaking of Bonus Game, they really set that up for a painful loss today.  There was an excellent chance of the contestant winning the first three prizes, then missing on the last, hardest prize, which was where the bonus was.  It didn't quite happen that way, since the contestant missed one of the other prizes as well, but it could've very easily happened that way today.

Does it bother anyone else that the right prices in Double Cross involved not doing anything?  It feels like having the first price right in Push Over, just something that shouldn't be done.

And just 'cause I'm curious, does anyone know if the contestant can move the prices by touching the yellow slider instead of the green one?

Gas Money was a shame, since the contestant seemed to be playing pretty methodically, as opposed to the many contestants who almost seem to pick prices at random.  Just a shame the very wrong-looking $19,990 price was right.

Turns out the tiny little tube of Gold Bond isn't much cheaper than the huge bottle of it.  Go figure.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 01:39:30 PM »
I don't see a problem with the right prices in Double Cross being the first ones - the contestant still has to decide if they are right or not. For that matter, I don't have a problem with the right price being occasionally right in Push Over - if it's an option, why not? Besides, you can win Switch? without doing anything.  :P

Now, if That's Too Much had the 1st price be right...I might disagree.  :P

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 02:23:20 PM »
Does it bother anyone else that the right prices in Double Cross involved not doing anything?  It feels like having the first price right in Push Over, just something that shouldn't be done.

Nope. Without that being an option every now and then the game would be way too easy. Much more easier than it already is. Push Over still has 5 options for prices if you take away the first one, Double Cross would only have 3.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 02:30:43 PM »
It'd still have worse odds than Switch?, One Right Price, and Barker's Bargain Bar, which are all played for similar prizes.  Hardly what I'd call way too easy.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 02:37:51 PM »
It'd still have worse odds than Switch?, One Right Price, and Barker's Bargain Bar, which are all played for similar prizes.  Hardly what I'd call way too easy.

Actually, Double Cross is generally played for more expensive prizes (and rightfully so).

It also has a different game-play mechanic, which makes it easier than those games. Simply because you have to make sure both prices make sense, not just one of them. While $3,999 might look right for one price in one of those games, you might be able to rule it out in Double Cross because it would mean a Steam Shower (or something else) would have to be $1,542, which doesn't make sense and therefore you can eliminate that option completely.

In a general setup of Double Cross, there usually are only 2 "good looking" answers or less anyways, so it's mostly a 50/50 Choice. If you remove the first option from ever being correct, it makes it more difficult to set up at times with some prizes/prices.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:39:54 PM by vadernader »
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 05:29:32 PM »
Very meh show. Double Cross is such an easy game by design I'm fine with the first option being right - it already takes effort to make that difficult! But generally, one of those days where everything went about as it was supposed to go, which makes the highlights/ lowlights stand out more. (Except Hi Lo that is - wow, even the cheap Gold Bond can still be a trap in that type of easy setup. Just a tricky lotion in general!)

Timings:
Cover Up (5) - 4:41
Side By Side (3.5) - 3:06
Bonus Game (5) - 4:58
Double Cross (4) - 3:59
Hi Lo (5) - 5:18
Gas Money (5.5) - 4:29
Total (28): 26:31

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 06:04:20 PM »
Pretty blah show other than Side By Side & Double Cross, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 06:08:16 PM »
Been insanely long day, recap posted.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 06:15:59 PM »
Nice wins on Bonus Game and Double Cross.

At least we got farther than we usually seem to on Gas Money (not wiping out on the first or second guess).

And another contestant accidentally calling Drew Bob? Second episode in a row.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 06:24:08 PM »
Nice wins on Bonus Game and Double Cross.
Actually, Side-by-Side and Double Cross were the ones won. Bonus Game wasn't.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html