Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/7/2013  (Read 8556 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 5/7/2013
« on: May 07, 2013, 12:21:59 PM »
G-R Recap Test
Episode #6342K
Aired – 5/7/2013; Taped – 3/26/2012
Models: Manuela Arbelaez, Amber Lancaster, Rob Wilson
Microphone Handoff: Manuela
First Four Contestant Seating: Right to Left

First IUFB: Trip to Palm Springs (RT Limo to Palm Springs, CA for a 3n stay at the Hotel Zoso + a hot air balloon ride); ARP: $3,329 (George)

NANCY RONALD KELSEY DAVID
2800 2000 2325 2

The winner is...
NANCY

Nancy is playing Grand Game for a chance to win up to $10,000!

The target price is...

$7.50

Nancy starts out at $1.00:

$1.00

The items are:

• Miracle-Gro Potting Mix
  • Capsazin Quick Relief Gel
  • Ultra Tide Detergent
  • Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream
  • Allegra Allergy Relief
  • Gold Bond Body Powder

Pick 1: Gold Bond

$4.99
$10.00

Pick 2: Capsazin

$8.99
LOSS

Total Winnings: $10

The missing prices were: Miracle Gro at $5.19, Tide at $9.69, Ice Cream at $4.49 and Allegra at $6.47

Second IUFB: Surfboard (6ft 2in shortboard with 6ft leash); ARP: $680 (Rob)

LISA RONALD KELSEY DAVID
650 1100 700 701

The winner is...
LISA

Lisa, from Kingsford, California, is playing PUSH OVER for a pair of motorscooters (Vespa: LX150IE with 150cc engine, electric start and CVT transmission) (Amber).

1 2 4 1 0 5 7 8 8          
  VESPAS

Lisa pushes the blocks to

1 2 4 1 0
  VESPAS

ARP be...

1 2 4 1 0
  1 0 5 7 8

LOSS

Third IUFB: Collection of Camcorders (DXG: 2 HD camcorders with 20x optical zoom and 10x digital zoom + 3D camcorders with advanced dual lens technology); ARP: $1,260 (Amber and Manuela)

IVAN RONALD KELSEY DAVID
2375 900 3100 2450

The winner is...
RONALD

Ronald, from Fontana, California, is playing One Away for a 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS (AT, 2.4L engine, carpeted floor mats, paint/fabric) (Rob).

Oh, mighty sound effects lady!!! Does he have...

One right? HONK!

Two right? HONK!

Three right? EPIC SILENCE

WIN

Apparently Drew Carey went to California Speedway in Fontana for the Auto Club 400. Being an 18-year NASCAR fan, I'm happy to see the reference.

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Lisa $680 30 75 1.05
OVER
Nancy $3,339 40 10 .55 *SHOWCASE*
Ronald $23,621 20 90 1.10
OVER

Fourth IUFB: XBox 360 Package (XBox 36)0 with one console, wireless controller, Kinect, a TV mount and 5 games); ARP: $629 (Rob)

IVAN VART KELSEY DAVID
556 1400 1650 555

The winner is...
IVAN

Ivan, from Baltimore, Maryland, is playing One Wrong Price for a new washer and dryer (Washer has 20min quick wash) (Manuela), steam shower (Mybathusa.com: Rainforest 6 with Mood lighting, adjustable showerhead and a hands-free telephone) (Rob) and a new computer (Apple: 15in MacBook Pro with 8GB memory, HD camera, processor) (Rob).

$1998 $3799 $1499
WASHER & DRYER STEAM SHOWER LAPTOP

Ivan picks the washer and dryer...

$1998 $3799 $1499
$1998 $3799 $2799
LOSS    

Fifth IUFB: Designer Sunglasses (Yves St. Laurent: Ladies Shades with 3 pairs of gradient lenses and 1 with solid dark lenses); ARP: $1,168 (Overhead)

NOLAN VART KELSEY DAVID
1200 1150 800 803

The winner is...
VART

Vart is playing Freeze Frame for a trip to Cancun (RT Coach to Cancun, MX then onto Riviera Maya, MX for a 6n stay at a signature Casita room at the Fairmont Mayakoba with daily breakfast + one spa treatment for each of you and a boat tour) (Amber).

$6512
  65 12  
99     22
88     31
  29 11  

WIN

For the second day in a row, we have a double-wide opportunity for the limo. The gold finally gone, Kelsey and David need to win here now, or a trip to West Lafayette, Ohio is in their future.

Sixth IUFB: Power Tools (Ryobi: 11-piece set cordless power tool set features 18-volt lithium ion battery); ARP: $810 (Rob)

NOLAN DIANE KELSEY DAVID
765 762 600 764

The winner is...
NOLAN

Kelsey and David head off to West Lafayette, while Nolan, from Fresno, California, is playing Master Key for...

• Collection of iPods (Apple: 2 64GB Touches, 2 2GB Shuffles, 2 16GB Nanos) (Rob)
  • Designer Accessories (Gucci: Canvas black tote with leather trim, textile and leather cosmetic case plus a Chic tabletcase with colorful mousepad) (Manuela)
  • 2013 Dodge Journey American (AT, 2.4L engine) (Amber)

Nolan can earn up to 2 keys by guessing the price of the following:

• LIBMAN! Spray Mop
  • Waffle Cone Maker

Mop:

The price is: $12 or $22

Nolan picks $22 ARP is...

Correct! He picks key #5

Waffle Cone Maker:

The price is: $47 or $70

Nolan picks $47 ARP is...

BUZZ

Nolan tries the key...

MP3s

ACCESSORIES

WIN
CAR

WIN (Total Winnings: $20,607)

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Ivan $629 40 5 .45
Vart $7,680 45 40 .85
Nolan $21,417 100 1.00 *$1,000*

Bonus...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Nolan $22,417 70
*SHOWCASE*

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Nolan has the honors...

SC1 - Nolan

FAMILY INTERCONNECTIONS
  • Webcams and televisions (5MP webcams with HD quality picture and sound and a TV connection and a pair of 51in 3D plasma HDTVs with 720p resolution, real black panel and wide color enhancer along with four pairs of 3D glasses) (Amber)
  • Trip to Saint Lucia (RT coach for 3 guests to St. Lucia for a 6n all-inclusive stay in a 1-bedroom oceanview suite at hte Saint James' Club Morgan Bay) (Rob)
  • 2013 Mazda 2 Sport (AT, 1.5L engine, remote keyless entry, independent front suspension) (Rob)
Bid: $28,000

SC2 - Nancy

EAT YOUR HEART OUT
  • Kitchen Appliances (30in slide-in range, 25.7cuft side-by-side fridge, and a 24in built-in dishwasher) (Manuela)
  • Trip to London (RT Coach to London, EN for a 6n stay at a luxury hotel + tours of local eateries and a pub dinner) (Manuela)
  • Trip to Paris (RT Coach to Paris, FR for a 6n stay at a luxury hotel + a dinner) (Manuela)
Bid: $26,500
Nolan
$28,000
CAR
$29,507
$1,507
CAR
*WIN*
$51,924
Nancy
$26,500
TRIPS
$22,985
TRIPS

Results: 3 out of 6
Winnings: $87,873
Biggest Winner: Nolan

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:35:19 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/7/2013
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:18 PM »
Even though there were two reasonable choices in Push Over, it looked like they really wanted it won.  It didn't look like a 5-digit prize, and the right price came before the other realistic option.  Just happens sometimes, I guess.

Freeze Frame and Push Over really don't belong in the same episode.  It's weird to think Freeze Frame was won while Push Over was lost, though.

I can't really fault the guy for not winning both keys in Master Key.  While $70 looks nicer than $47, both prices look really overpriced for the waffle cone thing.  I can't really tell whether Mike intended that to be easy, thinking $47 looked so fake that no one would pick it, or hard, thinking that there was no way anyone would think that could cost $70.

I laughed at Drew's little talk about how hated the sound effects lady is.  I feel guilty.

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 01:31:14 PM »
Anyone noticed when Amber went to change the 2nd 3 to the 1 in One Away , she turned it in the opposite direction.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 01:40:35 PM »
Grand: Shouldn't have been lost like that- I would've lost on the Tide.

Pushover: TTM for a pair of Vespas.

OA: Very good win by Ronald! Sorry that he didn't make it to the Showcases despite only having to beat $.55 in his SCSD.

OWP: I had a feeling the MacBook Pro was more expensive than posted.

Freeze: As easy as it gets.

MK: The SPs weren't all that bad again & we finally have a car win in this game thanks to Nolan!

Showcases: The Hunts struck it rich in time for their wedding today!

Better show than yesterday, IMO.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 01:55:30 PM »
So it looks like all three automobiles were won today!  :-D

THE BAD NEWS:

Pushover: Tough break for the contestant.

OWP: It was a "gimme" setup.............Obviously, it was the laptop.

Grand Game: Nancy's own fault was picking the Capsazin. At least she leaving here with $10, so........yay?

THE GOOD NEWS:

Freeze Frame: Good win!

OA: Ronald did great! The part where Drew was talking smack about "the sound FX lady" was pretty funny.

Master Key: So far this season wasn't so hot for this game. Thankfully Nolan was able to get the one key that would open the SUV! Hopefully next time, they would a contestant at least just one key, in case he/she get both the SPs wrong. Also it's also gonna be a great honeymoon for him and his bride as he won $1000 on the wheel and his showcase, which included a trip to St. Lucia and a Mazda!

3/6 wins and 3 cars were won! Another good show today!!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:04:51 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 01:59:13 PM »
Wow, a very solid show. Always nice to see both car games won - we know that rarely happens anymore :) To add to Frank's comment, I'm not sure at all what they were going for on Key. I think that 2nd SP was wanted lost in exactly that way. On the other hand, having 122 for the Libman tripped up everyone in the chat who didn't realize it was a spray mop, which was most people :) I'd say that could have easily been wiped out, and not sure exactly what they wanted, but it was good to see someone finally pick one of the extreme keys in that game, as we know they permanently keep the car/master on the extremes.

100% sure they wanted OA lost though. That was a nasty price ending in -1, and they were counting on the Jeep being overpriced as well (which it WAS, on the first try). I have no idea what possessed our contestant to suddenly figure out what BOTH traps were on the 2nd try, but I'm sure glad he did. You could play that 2nd try 100 times (with the price he had after the 1st) and 98 contestants would lose it.

Standard stuff today apart from that. It's always nice to see Key 6th, but this was really a pretty weak lineup to support it and it got fairly blah results. Really everything had great potential to be lost today except Freeze, so this was a budget show to the max. (Frank, I think they knew exactly what they were doing in Push Over. -578 just doesn't look like all that nice an ending, and you push right past it, so...) Nice to see it not turn out like a budget show at all!

Timings:
Grand Game (5) - 4:43
Push Over (4) - 2:54
One Away (6) - 6:08
One Wrong Price (3.5) - 3:15
Freeze Frame (4) - 3:09
Master Key (5) - 5:21
Total (27.5): 26:30

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 02:01:25 PM »
I really have only one thing to say about this show...

Master Key had the weirdest setup I've seen in years.

Pushover: That was too much of a "gimme" setup and I knew that trip was gonna be $10K+, not $12K+. Tough break for the contestant.

How was it a gimme setup? It was 2 Vespa's by the way, not a trip. They could have easily been $12,000 instead of $10,000.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 02:05:28 PM »
I really have only one thing to say about this show...

Master Key had the weirdest setup I've seen in years.

How was it a gimme setup? It was 2 Vespa's by the way, not a trip. They could have easily been $12,000 instead of $10,000.
That was a error on my own fault......Just disregard that.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 02:10:38 PM »
Wow, a very solid show. Always nice to see both car games won - we know that rarely happens anymore :) To add to Frank's comment, I'm not sure at all what they were going for on Key. I think that 2nd SP was wanted lost in exactly that way. On the other hand, having 122 for the Libman tripped up everyone in the chat who didn't realize it was a spray mop, which was most people :) I'd say that could have easily been wiped out, and not sure exactly what they wanted, but it was good to see someone finally pick one of the extreme keys in that game, as we know they permanently keep the car/master on the extremes.

100% sure they wanted OA lost though. That was a nasty price ending in -1, and they were counting on the Jeep being overpriced as well (which it WAS, on the first try). I have no idea what possessed our contestant to suddenly figure out what BOTH traps were on the 2nd try, but I'm sure glad he did. You could play that 2nd try 100 times (with the price he had after the 1st) and 98 contestants would lose it.

Standard stuff today apart from that. It's always nice to see Key 6th, but this was really a pretty weak lineup to support it and it got fairly blah results. Really everything had great potential to be lost today except Freeze, so this was a budget show to the max. (Frank, I think they knew exactly what they were doing in Push Over. -578 just doesn't look like all that nice an ending, and you push right past it, so...) Nice to see it not turn out like a budget show at all!

Timings:
Grand Game (5) - 4:43
Push Over (4) - 2:54
One Away (6) - 6:08
One Wrong Price (3.5) - 3:15
Freeze Frame (4) - 3:09
Master Key (5) - 5:21
Total (27.5): 26:30

It was a Sonata in OA, not a Jeep at all.

Offline ASja2002

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 02:21:18 PM »
Most people know the price of vespa LX150 is around $5200. Push Over was set up to win in my thinking
First QSW!! 2/8/13

Everyone be careful out there!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 02:23:44 PM »
it was good to see someone finally pick one of the extreme keys in that game, as we know they permanently keep the car/master on the extremes.

Do they do that now?  I haven't kept close track in recent years, but during Roger's time, while I was keeping track, the first key was overwhelmingly the best key (I do not recall any episode where the key was selected and did not open the car, though there was at least one show where two different keys were selected where both of those opened the car).  The middle key actually opened the car lock slightly more often than the last key, though I haven't kept up with the times well enough to know whether or not that's changed.  Back in Roger's time, though, there were several times where the last key did not open the car lock.

Either way, last key worked today, obviously, and made for an exciting end to that game, knowing it was going to be the car or nuthin' :).

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 02:35:49 PM »
Yay for easy finals to get me started on  this early.

Recap posted.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 03:07:11 PM »
Most people know the price of vespa LX150 is around $5200. Push Over was set up to win in my thinking

Not sure if joking or not... How is an average person going to know a Vespa LX150ie is $5200?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Online thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 03:50:43 PM »
Not sure if joking or not... How is an average person going to know a Vespa LX150ie is $5200?
Yeah, people aren't going to know that. Plus, her choice of $12,410 would make the Vespas $6,205. That's only a $1K difference from the actual price. It wasn't easy in the slightest. I would've gone with the 10K choice, but only because I view Vespas as being cheapish. I could hardly blame the contestant on her choice.

Master Key was disappointingly exciting. I loved that win. Finally great to see that game pick up its first win of the season. It's just that every time I see people get fooled up by the cheap looking appliances (cone maker today) by going for what it looks like instead of the nicer price it just brings my heart down.

As soon as Ronald set that price in One Away, I knew he had the win. Very impressive work by him. Also, I loved how wide the camera got for the reveal of the car. Beautiful.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 05:01:05 PM »
Yeah, people aren't going to know that. Plus, her choice of $12,410 would make the Vespas $6,205. That's only a $1K difference from the actual price. It wasn't easy in the slightest.

I dunno.  I thought it was easy not because of the price, but because the $10,000 price came before the $12,000 price.  It seems, more often than not, when given two equally attractive options, that contestants will go with the first choice, which was the $10,000 price, which would have won today.

It wasn't a gimme, but at the same time, it was more likely to be won than lost today, merely because the $10,000 price was before the $12,000 one.