Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/10/2013 (TPiR Mothers Day Special 2013)  (Read 8407 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 5/10/2013 (TPiR Mothers Day Special 2013)
« on: May 10, 2013, 12:49:19 PM »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Online Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/10/2013 (TPiR Mothers Day Special 2013)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 01:11:15 PM »
Man, Plinko is just in a brutal stretch.

Behind the FPG-esque shenanigans (honestly the game selection was surprising enough - Grocery was due! - that I think the very awkward slotting was not needed), this was another show set up for 3/6 and no cars or cash, and it followed that way today. What a shame.

But that seriously was one of the weirdest lineups of this era. The start made sense for what it was, but M# 5th in a car-cash 4-6?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 01:16:44 PM »
Not as good as previous Mother's Day shows, but I guess we have to take what we can get (Unfortunately.......):

THE BAD NEWS:

2FTPO1: For a car? (laughs loudly but sarcastically then sighs sadly) Tough break for Tonya and Jolanda, anyway.

Line 'Em Up: I was way off on that one.........So was Donald and Bonnie.

SIDE NOTE: Seems pretty coincidental that those people who lost on today's car games (I guess I can make 2FTPO1 a car game too, since it happens occasionally) would go over on the big wheel. And on the same total ($1.25) from it, no less.

THE NOT-SO-BAD NEWS:

Plinko: $1100 is better than nothing. At least Shelly and Julia won their SC, though.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Bullseye: Elaine and Ryan did good picking 8 bags of the FunYuns!

Side-By-Side: Easy win for Leslie-Anne and Shannon!

Magic Number: Same for Antonaya and Taylor!

This season Mother's Day special was OK, but it did lack some luster. I say that because I was hoping at least a car game would be won. That and at least bring back Florence Henderson (Carol Brady) from last season. Or any other TV mom for that matter. Overall, not as good as last season, but pretty above-average.

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 01:32:23 PM »
I liked how they brought in Rachel via Skype. I've missed seeing Rachel since she went on leave. And her daughter is pretty cute.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 01:37:58 PM »
I liked how they brought in Rachel via Skype. I've missed seeing Rachel since she went on leave. And her daughter is pretty cute.
Hopefully she'll come back in June........If not, then next season.

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 02:47:04 PM »
Chat was convinced that they let Scott determine the lineup today.  That was fun.

Seeing 2 for the Price of 1 for a car is always neat, but to follow it up with the suddenly-popular Bullseye?  Then start the second half with Line Em Up and Magic #?  Wow.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 03:12:43 PM »
I agree this was probably a Scott lineup. I wonder if Scott is in the position where he can post and confirm it. Just, Scott has written some lineups before (not sure if I'm allowed to say what for), and some characteristics of this one match those. Just an awesome lineup today, and it really was the star of the show. The couples were just...there, and it made for one of the more normal-feeling "special" episodes ever, except for Skyping Rachel, which was actually quite a nice touch. (Making the staff feel like a "family" is one thing they really get right and this was a perfect occasion to do that). A 28.5 minute lineup PLUS taking a minute to do that meant we were really flying through the end of the show, though, but hey, we made it.

And the results were pretty lackluster. Neither car game was all THAT hard today but neither was easy, and Plinko's brutal stretch continues. Meanwhile, this kind of show is actually a great one to have Bullseye and Magic #, if only because it's very easy to guarantee a win in those games. Hopefully the more games we try with couples, the more varied the lineups will get - this was a nice surprise. It's a shame a bit of a lackluster show came out of them, but I'll be glad to at least remember this one as Scott's last hurrah.

Timings:
2 For The Price Of 1 (4.5) - 5:27
Bullseye (5) - 4:41
Side By Side (3.5) - 3:45
Line 'em Up (5.5) - 4:46
Magic # (4.5) - 3:51
Plinko (5.5) - 4:32
Total (28.5): 26:52

Offline SilverFirePrime

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Can this be ressurected next?
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 04:10:55 PM »
I loved seeing Bullseye and Plinko, but I couldn't really get into the rest of the lineup.  I've never been a huge fan of any of the other four games played today.  That plus the Plinko board again giving us the middle finger meant an overall lackluster show.

I did like Rachel showing up on Skype, a very appropriate cameo :)

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 04:17:23 PM »
Nice wins on Bullseye, Side By Side, and Magic #! :-)

I can't believe that 2 pairs of Gucci sunglasses are only $685.  I don't think they wanted the car won on 2 For The Price Of 1.

What's with the Plinko board lately?

Not too bad overall but could've been better, IMHO.

Nice to see Rachel & her baby via Skype today.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »
Wow that is a great lineup.  All those games are favourites of mine, in particular Magic # and 2 for 1.    That's a decent win on Magic # too.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 09:07:40 PM »
Well, that was certainly a crazy lineup.  2 for the Price of 1 for a car was awesome, Magic # showing up on any episode is good, and I have no freaking idea where Bullseye came from.  I love how much play the regular fee games are getting all of a sudden.

This was also a pretty decent show in general.  Drew was actually trying to host, which always makes things run more smoothly than when he, y'know, doesn't.

There is really no reason Jennifer and Carmen shouldn't have had at least four Plinko chips.

Just, Scott has written some lineups before

He has?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 11:20:46 PM »
The Skype moment with Rachel was the highlight of the show. That's one of those things that can make a special like today's worthwhile even if there wasn't that much in the way of winning.

Offline MultiMediaWill

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 01:21:42 AM »
The Skype moment with Rachel was the highlight of the show. That's one of those things that can make a special like today's worthwhile even if there wasn't that much in the way of winning.

I don't get it... How does a 1 min Skype chat add anything to the show besides extra annoying edits later on to make up lost time.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2013, 01:58:23 AM »
I don't get it... How does a 1 min Skype chat add anything to the show besides extra annoying edits later on to make up lost time.
Well, we haven't seen Rachel in a while, ever since she left on maternal leave, so it was nice to know how she was doing and to see her child, as well. So in a way, I'm sure there are many Rachel fans (including myself) who really do miss her and hoping she comes back soon.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:07:54 AM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline MyNameIsMichael

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 03:35:02 PM »

It was added to the show because it was a Mother's Day episode, and Rachel is a new mom. I thought it was awesome to see Rachel's special appearance with baby Ruby.

Best wishes to Rachel and family.