Author Topic: OBIT - Jeanne Cooper  (Read 2439 times)

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
Re: OBIT - Jeanne Cooper
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 02:46:15 PM »
True, true and true.

They'll devote a full hour to a memorial, possibly more when you count time spent on other episodes dealing with the character's death. So to complain they didn't add a title card is a bit much, and hardly an indication that someone doesn't care/respect/fill-in-the-blank-here enough.

EXACTLY.
In fact, because I toured the show during a job-related trip in 1997, during which I was invited by William J. Bell, the show's creator, to watch a scene with him in his office, I feel a connection with the "backstage" aspects of the show. Anyone who has followed postings by the cast on Twitter about Jeanne throughout the past few weeks or Instagram shots of the makeup and hair department placing flowers at her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame or placing flowers and tributes on her dressing room door at Television City comes away with a deep understanding of how much she was appreciated, valued and loved as a person, coworker, mentor and friend.

Unfortunately, most people find that it's easier to criticize first and ask questions later.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place