Author Topic: Tornado pre-emption  (Read 3499 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: Tornado pre-emption
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 06:24:52 PM »
WFSB (CT) Didn't even go into Price at all. They had local weather coverage from 10:57 - 10:59 then cut into CBS This Morning right at 11:00. (With more local weather coverage scattered between 11 and 12 for no reason. Literally, no storms, nothing. The only "news" they had to report was that there was an air quality warning for some of the state. Pretty pointless if you ask me, I'd rather watch more CBS This Morning even.)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 06:44:19 PM »
And BTW, the soaps are on.  Glad they know what's important here.  I hate soaps.

Just because you do doesn't mean everyone else does. And by the way, they pre-empted nearly half of Y&R today for tornado coverage. Feel better?
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 08:03:03 PM »
WCBS (NY) went right into Price for about a millisecond, first name was called down, then dropped it for CBS This Morning.

Probably an automation override glitch.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 08:45:26 PM »
I'm on the west coast, and at about 10:20am or so, they went to a CBS Special Report with Charlie Rose, and stayed there until about 10:50am.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 09:52:18 PM »
WIVB in Buffalo pre-empted LMAD for the storm coverage, but aired TPIR as scheduled in its entirety with the City TV override kicking in straight away
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline jaywilliams

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »
Here in Columbus, Ohio, WBNS-TV bumped Let's Make a Deal and The Price Is Right for the Oklahoma tornado coverage on CBS This Morning that ran for five hours and that night pre-empted Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune for an expanded minute edition of the CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley.

For Tuesday's episodes of LMAD and TPIR, I had to go to CBS.com and watch those episodes on there.
Jay Williams

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 09:01:53 PM »
For Tuesday's episodes of LMAD and TPIR, I had to go to CBS.com and watch those episodes on there.

But let's put that in perspective: unlike the victims of the storms, you had a building with electricity where you could watch. Not everyone is lucky enough to have that minor an inconvenience.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place