Author Topic: New Pricing Game Idea: MISSING LINK  (Read 1130 times)

Offline jacaya

• Taking a Bonus Spin
New Pricing Game Idea: MISSING LINK
« on: May 26, 2013, 08:56:44 AM »
A quickie multi-prizer played for three 4-digit prizes. Two of the prizes will have their price revealed. One of them will not. To figure out the price of the third prize, it'll take a combination of the other two prices.

Example: The contestant is playing for a Home Gym, a Little Guy Travel Trailer, and a trip to France. The Home Gym is priced at $3495. The Little Guy trailer is priced at $7995. So the layout will look like this:

(3495)[      ](7995)

The prices would be on a slider track, so the contestant will have to slide the two prices together until they see the right price inside of the "missing link". So basically, it's Make Your Move meets Double Cross meets Push Over. So the contestant slides the two prices to have the "missing link" be:

(34[95)(79]95)

Meaning they think the trip to France is $9579. If they're right, they win all three prizes. If they're wrong, they win nothing. There are no second chances in this game, since basically the contestant has a 1:3 shot of winning...

(349[5)(799]5)
   (34[95)(79]95)
    (3[495)(7]995)

(A case could be made for a 1:5 shot, but then that would mean that one of the revealed prices would have to be the same price as the "missing link" prize... in the above example, either $3495 or $7995 for the trip to France).
That's j-a-c-a-y-a. Just As Confused As You Are.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: New Pricing Game Idea: MISSING LINK
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
It's a good idea, but I worry I would be dificult to find such specific prizes.

Maybe you could make it a one prize quickie, and change the other two prizes to random digits.

Offline jacaya

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: New Pricing Game Idea: MISSING LINK
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 08:36:54 AM »
It's a good idea, but I worry I would be dificult to find such specific prizes.

Maybe you could make it a one prize quickie, and change the other two prizes to random digits.

If I did that, then it would basically be a redux of Make Your Move with only one prize to win instead of three.
That's j-a-c-a-y-a. Just As Confused As You Are.