Author Topic: CSS Results for May 24  (Read 4396 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for May 24
« on: May 24, 2006, 01:16:14 PM »
Once again, all of us LFATs are shown what's what by Stage Player in the CSS. Well, almost all, and as I was taking a phone call and two IMs during the bidding, it's nothing short of a miracle that I didn't type $30K or something idiotic; but I'll take the points, thank you. :-D But Stage Player gets the cash for the second stage DSW in as many weeks. There were six three-digit differences on the car as well, and Sonic3300 just barely missed the DSW!

The other money came down to a "who garfed the trips the least" contest, and Doughnut came out on top of that. Normally a $5K+ difference isn't something to be proud of, but today it did the job. My best guess is that in this, the antipenultimate CSS before playoffs, people wanted to make sure to not have a complete trainwreck on the trips, which for the past two "all trip" showcases have been extremely inexpensive.

As a final note, at least heels and Army can't rib each other too badly since they both went OVER, though Army's $329 overbid is nearly a BuddyTom.  :lol:

[EDIT: Sonic3300s bids did not reach me, but I had RobertSearcy send me the log... indeed they were there as posted now. This new chat software is WEIRD).

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for May 24, 2006
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: CSS Results for May 24
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 01:28:30 PM »
Everybody knows that I'm not very good with car showcases. Everybody also knows that nobody is good with trip showcases. Those are a CSS player's worst nightmare. Even more than trailers and boats. Now, I've only got two days to get in the playoffs.

Offline Marcello L. Silva

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 01:43:20 PM »
Tom what happened to my bids.

[EDIT: Chat bork error. Now fixed. Have a nice day.] :)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 02:15:10 PM »
Yep, I blew that one today.  Oh well, as long as I can score points the next two days, I should be fine.

And it looks like I might have to give Heels a tip or two on cars...
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 05:08:33 PM »
Wow... imagine if the Stage Player comes out of nowhere to make the playoffs on money?   :-o  It could happen!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 11:09:16 PM »
Whoa... I'd better watch out. Then again, Ludwig's far more likely to score money than Stage Player, so I'm only keeping watch on one person.

Offline wschmrdr

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 10:59:55 AM »
Well, I think that now spells defeat for any chances at catching garf.