Author Topic: 2008 Match Game Pilot Clips  (Read 6888 times)

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 2008 Match Game Pilot Clips
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 05:49:30 PM »
It was only a pilot. He may have not even been the host if the show was picked up.

At the very least, I'm sure they would have had an actual audience if it got picked up.  They're not going to go to the expense of renting Studio 33 and not bring in an audience.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 06:58:56 PM »
Is this clip reel all there is or is the full episode up anywhere?

This is all there is; maybe someday the full pilots will surface.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Rusty

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 08:11:08 PM »
Technically that's the complete version of that theme

There were multiple mixes of the main theme; hGqxO6YmieY[/youtube] one used on the original run had slap echo and major wah pedal over some of the horns' eighth notes.  Some mixes keep the eighth notes with the wahs suppressed in the background, some don't have slap echo.  I'm not sure which combinations were all produced.  I've heard the one above, slap echo medium wah w/o eight notes, slap echo w/eighth notes, no slap echo with eighth notes (the 'pure' version).

Another user on this board had a picture posted of the box the '73 reel came in, which had track titles.  Perhaps said user could give us a closer peek?   :biggrin: