Author Topic: Holein1isawesome's Show #3 - 1/2 Hour  (Read 18607 times)

Online holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Holein1isawesome's Show #3 - 1/2 Hour - IUFB3
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2013, 07:36:57 PM »
As a fellow play-along host, I would like to point out how infuriating it is to see a game go this slowly.  Since Bob restarted your show a week ago, you've had a grand total of three responses from your players.  I understand you have been distracted, but once you restart your show, you should be ready to go.

Going forward, you need to make sure you do everything you can to make sure your players know what's going on.  Checking silverice's profile, he has not been on the site in two weeks, and I doubt AMGray even knew the show was back up.  Sending frequent PMs and posting time limits in the thread, as I do as needed, will help.

Also, taking this long to do a show (particularly a half-hour show) is beyond unfair to the other people who are waiting to host.

Had yet another stressful day, but I'm completely ready to go.

123123123: $2,225
AMGray1986: $9,999
GuyWithFace: $3,000
ShatterMySoul99: $3,100

And the actual reta-

*BUZZ* *BUZZ*

OH, COME ON! MORE DELAYS?! You've all overbid. Lowest bid is $2,225. Go lower than $2,225, 123123123.

I PROMISE this game will be done VERY soon. I'll make sure that it will be finished before the end of the month.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:39:29 PM by holein1isawesome »

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2013, 07:40:06 PM »
I had a strange feeling that was going to happen.  :-P

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2013, 07:47:34 PM »
I'll try $998, please

Offline AMGray1986

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2013, 06:31:04 AM »
$675

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2013, 06:18:37 PM »
$750.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline ShatterMySoul99

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2013, 07:25:21 PM »
$1

Online holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2013, 07:39:01 PM »
Now that's what I'm talking about!

123123123: $998
AMGray1986: $675
GuyWithFace: $750
ShatterMySoul99: $1

And the actual retail price is...

Well, what do you know? It's 123123123!

(Walking 2007)

(cheers and applause)

Hello, 123123123. You got into Contestant's Row and got right back out! How are you doing?

123123123: Good.

That's good. Now, I have some GREAT prizes for you. Look!

Rich Fields: First, a new ATV!

A charming dinette!

And a new upright piano!

Now, I'm sorry to say that we don't have plugs for these three products. 444dd, our graphics manager and prize picture manager, accidentally forgot to send them.

Now, you are going to play Most Expensive for those three prizes. All you have to do is pick the one that is the most expensive and you win all three! Which one is it? The ATV, dinette, or piano?

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2013, 08:18:00 PM »
I'm positive it is the ATV.

Or maybe it's the piano, since they can be quite expensive.

But it doesn't look like one of those baby grand ones, so I think it's the ATV.

But I've completely neglected the dinette, they are usually really cheap or super pricey.

That one does look nice, but all the prizes look nice.

Now that I think about it, most pianos cost more than ATV's and dinette sets.

But that goes back to my previous point about it not being a fancy piano, so I've narrowed it down to the first two.

The ATV doesn't seem to have too many features.

But it was my gut pick, so I don't want to lose because I second-guessed myself.

However, the more I think about it, the more I think it's the dinette.

Great, now the piano's creeping back into my mind.  :-?

I'll going to go with the dinette, and please don't ask me if I'm sure.  :-)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:20:56 PM by 123123123 »

Online holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2013, 09:17:47 PM »
I hope so.

What's the price of the ATV?

UH OH!

(Loud groaning)

I think you should have gone with your gut, but maybe you can still win. The piano?

Well, you were wrong about the piano. If the dinette is more than $4,999, you win all three! Is it?

NO!!!!!

(Buzzer)

(Losing horns)

We are SKUNKED! A winless show!

Why, oh, why didn't you go with your gut? BUT, you are going to be in the showcases with silverrice878, so maybe you can redeem yourself. The showcases are up next.

By the way, does anyone know where silverrice878 is? He was last active on the 4th. I don't want anymore delays. Is there someone that might be able to replace him?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:20:04 PM by holein1isawesome »

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
Re: Holein1isawesome's Show #3 - 1/2 Hour - Showcases
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2013, 09:24:58 PM »
I suggest you let OneBidTris play, since he played a pricing game.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:27:05 PM by Jordanar18 »

Online holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2013, 09:26:51 PM »
All right. I'll PM him.

Online holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2013, 09:45:58 PM »
Showcase time, top winner is 123123123, runner up is OneBidTris.

The one of you who is nearest to the ARP of your own showcase will win it. If you are the winner and are $250 or less away from the price, you win BOTH.

Let's redeem ourselves after this HORRIBLE maingame, shall we? Here is showcase #1!

Rich: This showcase begins with $2,000 in cash!

(Applause)

And there's these stylish his & hers luggage and his & hers digital DVD camcorders! (no plugs, I'm afraid)

(Applause)

And you will have great use for these GREAT prizes on your...

TRIP AROUND THE WORLD!

(Cheers)

And it all begins in beautiful Las Vegas!

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Las Vegas for a 6-night stay at the Bellagio! Inspired by the villages of Europe, AAA Five Diamond Bellagio overlooks a Mediterranean-blue lake in which fountains perform a magnificent ballet. Award-winning dining, world-class art gallery, exquisite Conservatory & Botanical Gardens, Cirque du Soleil's stunning performance of "O", and sumptuous spa and luxury shopping add to the symphony that is Bellagio.

After Las Vegas, you're off to Mexico City!

(Cheers)

From Las Vegas, you will fly to Mexico City for a 6-night stay at the St. Regis Mexico City. Located at Paseo de la Reforma, Mexico City's main avenue, The St. Regis Mexico City is in the heart of the city and only 5 minutes from the financial district of Polanco and the Museum of Anthropology. Refined style and sumptuous decoration, each guest room and suite combines high technology with comfort. The signature St. Regis Butler Service, combined with wireless high speed Internet, touch-screen GDA room master control, a 42-inch LCD flat screen television, a safe deposit box, elegant bathrooms with Rem'de amenities, the hotel invites you to enjoy an extraordinary experience. Discerning palates may savor the freshness of Mediterranean cuisine at the Diana Restaurant while the Rem'de Spa offers a sanctuary of relaxation. A business center, valet parking and 11 meeting spaces offer the most modern technology to celebrate events, both grand and intimate in scale.

Then, you are going to lovely Greece!

(Cheers)

From Mexico City, you will travel to Athens, Greece for a 6-night stay at the Hotel Grande Bretagne Athens. Stands across from Constitution Square, the House of Parliament, and the National Gardens and is approximately 16 miles from Athens Airport. Within one mile are the Acropolis, Ancient Agora, Monastiraki Flea Market, Lycabetus Hill, the Parthenon, and the Royal Palace. It's also within short walking distance of exclusive shopping areas, restaurants, open-air cafes, museums, and the business district. The hotel has hosted countless heads of state and international celebrities.  The GB Spa and Wellness Centre (including fitness center), as well as the indoor pool opened in the fall of 2003. And the Spring of 2004 brings the opening of the seasonal outdoor pool area and the pool bar. In addition, a hair salon, florist, snack bar, wine bar, and cigar lounge are on site. For dining, GB Corner serves Mediterranean in an elegant setting, GB Roof Garden is open seasonally for a romantic rooftop setting, and the elegant Winter Garden has live entertainment and is open until 2am everyday. The hotel also offers nightly turndown service, butler service, valet laundry service, 24-hour room service, 24-hour concierge, and babysitting. All rooms have voicemail, minibars, safes, CD players, cable TV, deluxe bath amenities, bathrobes, and slippers.

Finally, after Athens, it's off to New Zealand!

(Cheers)

From Athens, you will travel to Wellington, New Zealand for a 6-night stay at the Bolton Hotel. Located in the heart of Wellington's central business district overlooking the city, Botanical Gardens and Bolton Street Memorial Park. This boutique hotel features a distinct New Zealand feel with pacific rim colours, New Zealand artwork and historical photographs of the local area throughout the hotel. The hotel is located within walking distance of the Wellington waterfront, Cable Car, Botanical Gardens, Ferry Terminals, Westpac Stadium and Te Papa, the national museum of New Zealand. The Wellington airport is only 20 minutes taxi from the hotel. The Bolton Hotel boasts a range of additional facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, spa pool and fitness centre, valet parking (at additional cost), currency exchange, concierge and tour desk, executive chauffeur service, lobby cafe and bar and fine dining restaurant Bisque on Bolton. The Bolton Hotel offers 140 studios and suites, including two bedroom suites perfect for family adventures to Wellington. Studios offer comfort with queen or super king beds and the suites offer apartment style spacious living with a separate lounge, bathroom (with separate bath and shower) and full kitchen with washer and dryer. Facilities in all guestrooms include self controlled air-conditioning, minibar, tea and coffee facilities, televisions with SKY Television and direct dial telephones with voicemail. FREE high speed internet access in all rooms. The Bolton Hotel takes its environmental responsibility seriously with recycling throughout the hotel, low flow shower mixers and local produce and goods available wherever possible.

And this showcase can be yours IF The Price is Right!

123123123, as the top winner, you may bid or pass this showcase. Do you want to bid or pass it to OneBidTris?

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2013, 09:51:11 PM »
I really should listen to my gut more often.  :-)

Anyways, I will pass this showcase

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2013, 10:08:37 PM »
Seems really pricey,

I'll bid $32,000.

Online holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2013, 10:29:30 PM »
$32,000 is his bid.

*Ding*

Now, 123123123, here's YOUR nice showcase. (no plugs for the first two prizes)

Rich: This showcase has prizes revealed by me! Rich Fields, your Nicey, Pricey weatherman! Now, here in the Colorado Rockies, snowfall in the mountains is pretty heavy, giving ideal conditions for you to hit the slopes with this set of his and hers ski & snowboard equipment!

(Applause)

Here in Illinois, the sun is shining bright and the temperatures are in the 70s. A perfect day to sit outside and put out new patio furniture!

(Applause)

Now let's look at the ocean conditions in Florida. The ocean is calm with slight winds. Perfect conditions for you and your family to go out in your new sailboat!

(Cheers)

A West Wight Potter P19. This 19 ft. sailboat comes with •P-19 Premium Blue Water Lay-up Cloud White Hull and Deck, Composite High Performance Kick-up Beaching Rudder, Porta-Potty, 15 Gal. Fresh Water System with Deck Fill, Built-in 36 Qt. Cooler, Marine Cooking Stove, Screened Opening Ports (1 pair), Fabric Covered Cabin Cushions, Teak Cabin Entrance Ladder, Dri-Deck Interior, Floor Mats, Stainless Steel Bow Pulpit, Stainless Steel Cockpit Rails, Stainless Steel Transom Boarding Ladder, Cleats, Chocks, Deck Plate and Ventilator, Aluminum Backing Plate for Engine, Adjustable Motor Mount, Cockpit Storage Compartment, and Mast Raising System (allows a single person to step and raise the mast). Trailer included.

Now here, in the desert Southwest, conditions are RED hot! I mean SWELTERING RED hot! And guess what? The RED hot color of that area of the map is the color of your RED hot last prize! A NEW MAZDA MIATA!

(Cheers)

A 2014 Mazda Miata MX-5 Grand Touring  convertible. Comes with standard equipment including 6-speed auto transmission, 158-hp, 2.0L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine with VVT, Spicy Mocha cloth convertible top, 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels, Painted silver seat back bar trim, Cruise control, Power door locks with 2-stage unlocking feature, Remote keyless entry with retractable key, Steering-wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls, Automatic climate control, Leather-trimmed seats, Heated seats with 5-level variable heat settings, Leather-wrapped shift knob with painted silver trim, and Bose® audio system with AudioPilot®

And this showcase featuring prizes revealed by Rich Fields, your Nicey, Pricey weatherman, can be yours IF the price is right.[/i]

What's your bid, 123123123?