Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/24/2006  (Read 16322 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/24/2006
« on: May 24, 2006, 01:27:35 PM »
Production #3633K - Taped May 11, 2006

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Lanisha

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite
Wearing: Carabella

1  Porta-Bote 12' Folding Boat (G)
KRYSTEN 7500   RONALD 1500    LINDA *1000   WILLIAM 875   ($1495)

Linda plays SWITCH?

Murrey Sacramento Billiard Table (L)    $3591             $4300
Pulaski Edwardian Bar Set (R)           $4300   SWITCH!   $3591   WIN!

2  Flexsteel Temecula Chair/Ottoman (R)
+Krysten 900    +Ronald *901   ALEXANDER 750   +William 550   ($1642)

Ronald from Southam, MD plays GRAND GAME (Target: $8.00)

(1) Hot Pockets (2 pk)         $2.49  $10
(5) (Carnation) Malted Milk     4.39   100
(3) Purina Cat Chow (box)       1.59   1000   Goes on...
(4) Gold Bond Powder            8.99   LOSS

(2) Citracal Supplement (120)  10.97
(6) Pamprin All Day             6.99

Chalk this one up to a Peanut Gallery who can't seem to be silent while Rich is
talking. They yelled out "NO!" en masse when that Pamprin came up. As it was,
Ronald seemed reluctant as he wanted to stop the game and take the $1K. He
didn't, and he got burned. Bad audience, no donuts.

3  Ivanko Chrome Dumbbells/Capzasin P (L)
+Krysten 800   JOHN *850   Alexander 550   +William 1250   ($1063)

John, soon to be wed, plays THAT'S TOO MUCH! for a Chevy Equinox LS (Std.,
AirBag)(G)($22,385)

$12,610
$15,206
$17,540
$18,662
$20,841
$21,962
$23,460
WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1                     Spinoff
$ 1,642   Ronald   10 + 45   .55
  9,386   Linda    55 + 40   .95  .55   Through to Showcase Round
 23,448   John     95 stay   .95  .50

4  6 Flowlab Flowboards (G)
+Krysten 650   JODY 600   Alexander 350   +William *775   ($887)
                           STUPID BID

William plays BONUS GAME for an Ashley Linden Falls Dining Group and Noritake
Golden Dinnerware (R)($4333)

Jukebox CD/Radio                 $110  LOWER   $90  *  [ N O ]
Libman Cleaning Products           30  HIGHER   24      BONUS
Crosscut Paper Shredder            50  HIGHER   35       N O
(Back to Basics) Hot Drink Maker   30  HIGHER   38  *  [ N O ]   LOSS

5  (Sony) Wireless Home Theater System (R)
+Krysten 1500   Jody 1750   Alexander *1991   PAULINE 1900   ($1999)

Alexander, a Beach Bum, plays COVER UP for a Chrysler PT Cruiser (Std., AC,
BlkHtr, Prot)(L)

Setup   6     1st Try   [1][6][5] 9 [9]
       4 3     2nd Try   [1][6][5] 8 [9]   LOSS   ($16,529)
     6 8 9
   3 0 2 1
 1 6 5 9 0
3 4 1 5 8
$2 9 3 1 0

Once again we find a laggard in the Row, and this time it's Krysten. Futility has
its consequences around here - banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club. Can
Krysten snap out of this?

6  Whirlpool Calypso Washer/Dryer (L-aboard "Chugs")
+Krysten 1750   Jody *1   KELLY 1650   Pauline 2100   ($1568)

Krysten heads off to the clubhouse while Jody from Okoboji, IA plays EAZY AZ 123

[1](2) Milwaukee V28 Power Tools (L)                          $ 729
[2](3) Westley Allen Montana Day Bed/Loving Care Formfit (R)   1060
[3](1) Feel Golf Equipment (G)                                 1814   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #2
$  942   William     10 + 95    OV
 1,999   Alexander   95 stay   .95   Through to Showcase Round
 5,171   Krysten     80 + 75    OV

SHOWCASE ROUND
Linda has the honor.

SC1-William   HOW NOVELIST ANN PRICE COMES UP WITH A NOVEL (R)
BID   $18,000   Trip to Seattle (6n @ Edgewater)
PRICE    26,620   Trip to Paris (6n @ Hyatt)
DIFF    -8,620   Trip on the Orient Express (via Bangkok; 7n)(L)
TOTAL      

SC2-Linda      TONES
BID   $23,500   2 Samick Electric Guitars (L)
PRICE    23,664   Stress Less N1700 Home Gym (G)
DIFF      -164   Pontiac G6 (Std., ALB, Traction)(L)
TOTAL   $59,670   *** ANOTHER DOUBLE SHOWCASE WINNER ***

Unless I've lost count (and I just might have) that's the sixth DSW this season,
which proves we don't need to mess with the "$250 or less" rule.

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $92,872

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/24/2006
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 01:29:46 PM »
Wednesday, May 24, 2006

That's Too Much- What do you know, somebody won this game for once. Good to see.

Bidding Round #4- #214, Jody! :-D

Bidding Round #6- #215, Kelly! :-D

Showcase Showdown #2- The Big Wheel was good for once, at least in eliminating William. That guy was a disgrace to the show.

Showcase- Nice, the second DSW in eight shows. :-)

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Tough choice today. It's Frank's pick.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- You guessed it, another average show... Grade: 2

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 01:44:42 PM »
Switch- I thought Linda had loss when she had switch i was wrong. that's one expensive pool table.

Grand Game- Ugh! Ronald should have won that I thought for sure the powder was less than 8.00 dollars. I guess i can say that i'm shocked that the powder was more than 8.00 dollars.

That's Too Much- John stopped at the right time, that's probably where I would have stopped also.

Bonus Game- Ouch!

Cover Up- Tough luck! The moment that Alexander went for the 8 I had a feeling he had lost.

Easy as 1-2-3- A win is a win.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 01:55:04 PM »
Switch?: There was no way that bar set could be worth over $4,000. Easy switch.

Grand Game: I do not recall seeing Pamprin around, but it was not because of the Peanut Gallery that made me want to avoid it. If I wanted to go on, I would have tried the Gold Bond. But then I thought, "Wasn't that $8.99 before?" Still not knowing the price of the Pamprin and knowing the Citracal was way over, I gutsed with the Gold Bond. What a loss.

That's Too Much!: That's What I Call a Wedding Gift!
I liked John's rehearsal attempts. Maybe he's still a little nervous about the wedding or something. Anyways, I kinda thought he went a little too much, but it was just right.

Bonus Game: I walked to my refridgerator listening to the prizes. With clear comprehension, I immediately said lower for the middle prizes. As soon as William said higher for those two, I had a feeling he messed himself up. He did.

:evil: Cover Up: [Grinning and Nodding evily]  :-x

One Bid 6: Oooh! I had the unfortunate feeling Krysten was in deep trouble because she was in Banishment danger and did not have the last bid. I wanted her to bid 1, but then I thought Jody might bid 2 over her. Trouble Krysten got.

Eazy az 123: One of the few times where I think the golf clubs are the most expensive prize. Great job.

William: A contestant who I think blew Bonus Game, does not know about the bonus spin, and wears clothing with fan-based words? I think he's a faker or something.

Showcases: Very, Very Decent. Like the trips--kinda lavish and luxrious to be worth over $26K. I would've done 16K myself to prevent myself from going over--I would've done 18K at first. Then with Linda's Showcase, I wanted to bid --500 because I had a feeling the ARP would be around the middle of a thousand. I felt a little nervous, thinking Linda (and I) may have gone over by a few hundred. That didn't happen, now did it?
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 01:56:27 PM »
Bart, on the off chance that you're reading this...you need to get rid of that close-up shot of the Turntable wall you've been using while Bob is walking up there.  It looks awful, and it made the Bonus Game reveal today about the least interesting it's ever been.

Switch? was hard.  Both of the prices looked way too high, especially for the pool table.

I was shocked when Grand Game was lost.  I really can't remember the last time I was so surprised about how that game ended.  I thought Ronald had that in the bag.  When the heck did the Gold Bond go up to $8.99?

On the other hand, I was impressed when That's Too Much! was won.  I would have won it myself, honestly...but when the price is that far up the line, you just sort of expect it to be lost, ya know?

I'm sure William is a very nice man, but he was pretty darn clueless.  I have no idea how he managed to lose Bonus Game, seeing as Roger clearly had it set up to be won.  I can't say I was too disappointed to see him get a dime on the Big Wheel and still go over.

There are days when Cover Up is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.  Today was one of them.

The win in Eazy az 1 2 3 surprised me.  That was one darn cheap daybed.

I wasn't too surprised that Linda won both showcases.  Most of the people in chat were.  Apparently, I don't know much about how much Equinoxes usually cost.

Sternal wrote:

Grand Game- Ugh! Ronald should have won that I thought for sure the powder was less than 8.00 dollars.

That's quite the contradictory statement you've got there.

Sternal wrote:

Bonus Game- Ouch!

Oh, bull.  There's no way anyone should have lost that.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 01:58:43 PM »
Switch?- That was a tough call,but she made a good choice and won.

Grand Game- Bummer! I thought he was going to stop, but someone talked him out of it.

That's Too Much- Great win!

Bonus Game- Another bummer! I knew he was wrong when he said higher than the mop.

Cover Up- Bad luck there.

Easy Az 1-2-3- I thought she'd lost for sure. I was wrong.

Another Double Showcase Win! :-D  Excellent! :-D

Offline gauchodirk

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »
As noted in chat this morning, Bonus Game was begging to be won, and Eazy as 123 was supposed to be tricky, and what happens?  Of course, Bonus is lost, and Eazy is won!  That said, Bonus Game should never be lost when the bonus is behind the mop; I'm not sure where William buys his cleaning supplies, but more than $30 for those would be highway robbery.  The mop set has saved many a contestant in small-prize games (take Pathfinder from the 12th), but not today.

And winning $5 for hitting a green section on the bonus spin?  That was enough to get William out of there right then!

Those three trip showcases are always close to impossible to calculate; I thought Alexander's $18,000 bid was a pretty good one.  Great DSW for Linda - it never gets old seeing those!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 02:04:22 PM »
A pretty darn enjoyable show.  Linda, Ronald, and John were all a lot of fun.  And despite Cover Up, it was a pretty darn good lineup, with the return of Bonus Game!  Yay, Bonus Game!

Yay for Bob getting picky in That's Too Much!  Often lately, he's let contestants slide for a lot worse than John's first attempt.  I always enjoy when Bob insists on quality shouting for this game!

I can't wait to read Anne Price's book that she's writing.  Wonder what qualities she feels makes for a good contestant :lol:!  The second showcase was just a word play showcase--never a favorite of anyone's--but it's so nice that we don't get many of those anymore.  Remember when we used to get those showcases almost daily?

You know, even though Ronald could have won $1000 if he quit in Grand Game, it's hard to ever encourage a contestant to quit with $1000 when the odds so overwhelmingly favor risking it every time.  Honestly, I would have picked the Gold Bond instead of the Pamprin as well, though.

I'd have lost Eazy az 1-2-3 as well.  I was surprised by how cheap the daybed was.

I'm not sure how Bonus Game was lost, though.  It's not like Roger was playing any tricks today:  the bonus was by the easiest prize, yet William somehow lost anyway.

heels, I'm disappointed that you, of all people, would not have noticed that Kelly's panties got on camera when she got to contestants' row.  It wasn't intentional on her part, but she probably could've used a belt for her pants, so the whole country would not have seen that.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you :-).

You know, I'm thinking that Bob didn't really mean it when he said that Alexander had "nice" shorts.  'Cause really, those had to be the ugliest things :lol:!

heelsrule1988 wanted my help:  BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Tough choice today. It's Frank's pick.

Guess it is kinda' tough... I'll go with Ronald.

Offline sullim4

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 02:19:13 PM »
Today was a refreshing show.  Bob seemed to be in a better mood and contestant selection was a lot better than it has been so far this week.  The pricing game lineup was OK - Bonus Game saved it from being a train wreck and seeing Easy as 123 in the 6 hole was nice.

I was pretty surprised to see 4 digits correctly light up on the first attempt in Cover Up.  The 1 and 6 were pretty obvious, but with that $16,000 PT Cruiser that shows up every once and awhile I'm tempted to go towards the lower end on the third digit, making the 1 look tempting.

SteveGavazzi wrote:
Bart, on the off chance that you're reading this...you need to get rid of that close-up shot of the Turntable wall you've been using while Bob is walking up there. It looks awful, and it made the Bonus Game reveal today about the least interesting it's ever been.

I know I've complained about the directing before, but the camera work during Bonus Game today was especially terrible.  In particular, the shots of the names and prices of the items on the board were awful.  For some reason I seem to remember them showing a wider shot with Bob in the picture when he reveals the SPs; going back to that along with ditching the turntable approach shot would be a huge improvement.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 02:21:48 PM »
The shots of the names and prices of items in Bonus Game were terrible?  Did I miss something, or was I not paying close enough attention?  Those shots seemed the same as they have been for years.

Offline KENYATTA

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 02:35:54 PM »
It would be great if when they have a DSW that ballons and confetti would fall down when that person would win!!! But she the 2nd woman to win a DSW with 3 trips invloved with a brand new car.  And much less within 10 days of each other!!

Offline sullim4

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 02:40:26 PM »
You know how they usually show this shot while Bob is moving the windows from the right to the left, and then show the close-up? :

Instead they cut directly to the close-up :

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 02:41:01 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
I wasn't too surprised that Linda won both showcases.  Most of the people in chat were.  Apparently, I don't know much about how much Equinoxes usually cost.

Not sure why you'd need to...it was a G6 in the showcase.  :-P  (The Equinox was won in That's Too Much!.)

Although, I wasn't too surprised either...my bid was only $329 over, ater all.

Frank15 wrote:
heels, I'm disappointed that you, of all people, would not have noticed that Kelly's panties got on camera when she got to contestants' row.  It wasn't intentional on her part, but she probably could've used a belt for her pants, so the whole country would not have seen that.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you :-).

Oh, he noticed all right...probably didn't think it was worth mentioning on a family website.  :-)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 03:03:43 PM »
Switch?: Tough toss up, since both could have been expensive as they were. Nontheless, a big win to start the show!

Grand Game: Ouch- very tough loss. I thought for sure he would stop with the money, but the audience had to sway him to go for it, and it cost him the $1,000. I thought the powder was right, too. Darn it!

That's Too Much: I can't believe this was won today! I expected John to stop after seeing $21,962.

Bonus Game: There's no excuse for losing this. I knew the mop was lower. Too bad he had to be the average player to go with the odds on higher/lower things.

Cover Up: Set up for a loss, because it was set up for the person to mess up on only the fourth digit the first time out, and also the second.

Easy as 1-2-3: Tossup for 2 and 3 between the bed and the golf clubs, but Krysten went the right way!

SSD2: When you flunk Bonus Game, as well as a quiz about the Big Wheel, you definitely don't deserve to be in the Showcase. That's what William learns today.

Showcases: WHA- ANOTHER DOUBLE SHOWCASE WINNER!!! SECOND WEEK IN A ROW!!!! That's the second time this season the show has had at least 1 DSW in back-to-back weeks! Anyone think we will beat the mark of 8 set least season? I had a feeling the first showcase was expensive, because I seem to recall that the Orient Express trip was about $15,000 or so.

Overall: Very good show today!

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 03:35:36 PM »
Switch: Easy, Easy, Easy.

Grand Game:I would've bolted out of here with $1000.  I would never have suspected that the pamprin was less.

TTM: I thought he went way too far.  I was surprised that he won.  And one thing that got on my nerves: Although I love Gabi, her dance and price tag shaking were absolutely annoying.

Bonus Game: This should have been won.

Showcase: Another DSW!  I thought Linda would be over by so little.  I figured Alexander would be off by a lot.

Overall: Aside from Bonus Game and DSW, it was a pretty dull show today.