Author Topic: OBIT - Sid Caesar  (Read 962 times)

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
OBIT - Sid Caesar
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:05:26 PM »
Comedian Sid Caesar, one of the minds behind the 50s sketch comedy Your Show Of Shows, has passed away. He was 91. Links to come as they are available.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: OBIT - Sid Caesar
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
Although he appeared on Sesame Street back in the day, I first saw Sid Caesar on television when he made a special appearance on Whose Line? on the Salute to American Television episode. When he played Foreign Film Dub with Drew, he was close to speaking the languages as fluently as ever possible. Drew also mentioned in that episode that he thinks Sid is one of the greatest comedians that ever existed.

Very sad to hear he passed away. :-(
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 03:50:11 PM »
RIP Sid Caesar.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline FamilyFeud1994

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Up for some Bankroll?
    • My Podcast (Drop the Mic)
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 04:04:37 PM »
"Five Dollar Date" is one of my favorite comedy routines of all time. RIP Sid Caesar. Have fun up there with Imogene.

By the way, here's a link from Entertainment Weekly: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/12/sid-caesar-dies/
"YOU ON FAMILY FEUD! THIS AIN'T A COMEDY ROUTINE!"

Perhaps you should practice what you preach, Steve.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 04:21:57 PM »
RIP Sid Caesar.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 04:35:16 PM »
RIP Sid Caesar.  :cry:

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 06:03:43 PM »
With this sad death, there are now only four cast members of the classic comedy It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World who are still alive:  Mickey Rooney, Jerry Lewis, Carl Reiner, and Stan Freberg.

RIP Sid. :-(
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16