Author Topic: The Throwback Price is Right: 123123123 style (Episode 8)  (Read 21710 times)

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
Re: The Throwback Price is Right: 123123123 style (Episode 8) - Showcases
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2013, 10:57:02 PM »
$10,976
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2013, 11:05:40 PM »

{ding}

1233: There's your bid and now here is OneBid's showcase.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Announcer: The staff just couldn't resist the urge to come back to the present day with this showcase.

So instead of a flapper dress, a grandfather clock and a jukebox, we decided to give you...

{door 2 opens}

...a pair of twill shorts, a wall clock and a stereo!!! {modeled by Gwen, clock in left hand, stereo in right}

First, from Bill Khakis, these poplin short plain front shorts can be worn while working or playing.

Then, this 22 in long wall clock have a uncanny resemblance to  honeycombs in a bee hive.

And this surround sound stereo sides with several (4, to be exact) separate speakers to solicit superior sounding sounds.

{applause}

And I promise you that stagecoaches were not recent enough for this showcase, so we substituted it with a...

{door 3 opens}

... BRAND NEW CAR!!!! {modeled by Mr. Announcer}

This 2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i comes with all the standard equipment plus manual transimission.

{loud applause}

So if you think you can handle the futuristic fantasies were throwing at you, then this is your showcase. But only if the Pirice is Right!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1233: Before we move on, I just want to say that TPiR has the hardest working models on TV.

Look at Gwen holding all those prizes, and in heels no less. Let's give them all a hand.

{loud claps as the models bow}

Now back the the game. What is your bid, OneBidTris?

{audience yells and screams suggestions}

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2013, 11:11:10 PM »
$22,020

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Throwback Price is Right: 123123123 style (Episode 8)
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2013, 11:45:06 PM »

{ding}

1233: We will see who is victorious after these fancy line breaks   

{transition to break music}

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-

*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-

*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*

{transition from break music}

1233: And we are back.

Let's start off with TheGRVOfLightning. Your showcase consisted of a dress, a grandfather clock, a jukebox and a copper stagecoach on which you bid $10,976.

The actual price of that showcase is...

{pulls tag}

...for a difference of...

{ding}

...$7,866.

{applause}

I'm still appalled you would think I would stoop down that low for a showcase.  :-)

Now let us move on to OneBidTris. You bid $22,020 on a showcase consisting of twill shorts, a wall clock, a stereo and a Subaru Impreza.

The actual price of that showcase is...

{slowly pulls tag}

{buzz}

You're over, which means GRV wins!!!

{cheers and applause}

The GRVOfLightning has redeemed himself from his pricing game loss to earn over $19,000 in gifts and prizes!!!

{more cheering}

Announcer: This has been a Numbers production. From all of us at the studio, we hope you had a great time and will join us for our next episode.

{credit music starts}

**********************************************************************************************

Expected: 3/6 (Professor Price, Split Decision, Penny Ante)
Actual: 2/6 (Professor Price, Penny Ante)

This show was personally one of my favorites, being able to play some of the retired, but not forgotten, games in earlier years of Price (plus it was our second straight 2/6 day, making progress  :-D). I hope you guys all had fun as well.

As always, feel free to give me any feedback to make future shows even better.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:48:24 PM by 123123123 »

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2013, 04:18:09 AM »
Yay! I won. Finally.
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United