Author Topic: Three SP Games in One Show  (Read 3115 times)

Offline bonusguy810

• In Contestant's Row
Three SP Games in One Show
« on: July 25, 2013, 08:37:33 PM »
You know, the Halloween episode re-aired back a couple of weeks ago, and if some of you might recall, there were "Punch-a-Bunch", "Plinko", and "Rat Race", which totals three SP games in one episode. As usual, I don't want to bump a nine month old thread to ask this question, so I decided to take it here. Keep in mind, I know some people are going to disagree with me on "Rat Race", but still, regardless of that game, what I'm asking is has that event happened before, besides that episode?
If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
Re: Three SP Games in One Show
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »
No, but there have been a number of two SPs game-shows. They were actually pretty common at the beginning of the hour format, when the only two GP games on the show were Grocery Game and Hi Lo. The ceremonial 5,000th show had two (Cliff Hangers and Five Price Tags), and lately several shows have had multiple SP games, sometimes even with a GP game.

And before anyone asks, no, I do not believe there has ever been a show with more than one GP game.

Offline bonusguy810

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 10:08:41 PM »
No, but there have been a number of two SPs game-shows. They were actually pretty common at the beginning of the hour format, when the only two GP games on the show were Grocery Game and Hi Lo. The ceremonial 5,000th show had two (Cliff Hangers and Five Price Tags), and lately several shows have had multiple SP games, sometimes even with a GP game.

So, what was the next GP game to premiere after "Hi Lo" was out.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 10:42:44 PM »
Hurdles, in February 1976, followed by Bullseye in July.

Offline bonusguy810

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 11:07:59 PM »
Hurdles, in February 1976, followed by Bullseye in July.

I wonder if those two games gave the SP games a break for awhile?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 11:26:30 PM »
I don't know the answer off-hand, but the calendars linked in the timeline have the game lists for every episode, so you could certainly check if you wanted to.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline bonusguy810

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 11:43:53 PM »
I don't know the answer off-hand, but the calendars linked in the timeline have the game lists for every episode, so you could certainly check if you wanted to.

Why yes, I'll gladly take a look at it, thank you. According to Scropz summaries site, there actually existed an episode in 1976, where both "Five Price Tags" and "Switcheroo" were in the same episode. That probably might be my answer on the last time two car/SP games were in the same episode.