Author Topic: Four British episodes from 1989  (Read 5260 times)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Four British episodes from 1989
« on: August 12, 2013, 04:16:04 AM »
From the very brief Sky One series hosted by Bob Warman, possibly best known for its music library consisting entirely of cues from the US version. The first two episodes below contain commercials, whereas the other two do not. Bobby Bragg is announcer for all episodes except the second, which has Allan Sherwin.

-September 4, 1989 premiere (Lucky 7, Race Game, Pick-A-Pair):

-Late 1989 (Ten Chances, Danger Price, Hi-Lo; the commercials here are from a repeat):

-Late 1989 (Side By Side, Switcheroo, 5 Price Tags):
[No opening is present, as this is the case among traders.]
--First One-Bid
--Side By Side
--Second One-Bid
--A gaffe where Mr. Bragg claims a refrigerator-freezer has a "defrost frunction"
--Switcheroo (continues from above clip)
--Third One-Bid
--5 Price Tags
--Showcase Showdown
--Showcase Final

-Late 1989 (Money Game, Bargain Bar, Cliffhanger):
--Opening
--First One-Bid
--Money Game
[No second One-Bid or Bargain Bar. Game information provided by several tape-trading websites that have this episode, which all state the second One-Bid is missing.]
--Third One-Bid
--Cliffhanger
--Showcase Showdown
--Showcase Final and credits
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: Four British episodes from 1989
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 04:33:48 AM »
For those unfamiliar with the '80s British show, I should point out that "Side by Side" is a completely different game whose format actually resembles Bump.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 04:17:13 PM »
"Side by Side" is a completely different game whose format actually resembles Bump.
Personally, I always thought the method of selecting prices reminded me of Make Your Move.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 08:30:28 PM »
Personally, I always thought the method of selecting prices reminded me of Make Your Move.

It does, but the rules aren't even remotely close.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 05:58:08 AM »
I am well aware of that, sir. Your comparison to Bump is very accurate.

While I would have preferred the contestant move the prize tags herself, I can see why Warman did it instead given the method of revealing the correct prices.