Author Topic: Calendar Updated (Season 42 Themed Shows)  (Read 10363 times)

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: Calendar Updated (Season 42 Themed Shows)
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2013, 12:46:39 AM »
Consider more unclaimed this week as players can't come up with $10,000 in taxes for them.

Why? Cars have resale value. I'm no expert on this subject, but as long as the winning contestant agrees to sell the car, I'm sure a bank would lend them the money needed to pay the taxes.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2013, 01:13:48 AM »
Or maybe all car games played that week will be played for luxury automobiles, or perhaps they might offer a vintage car each day.

Yeah, it's probably going to be one of these, or offering a luxury car in a showcase each day. No way are they going to play 30 consecutive games for cars.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2013, 02:31:28 AM »
This is exactly what I think.  Still two car games, but more expensive cars, or special cars, and still play the same old darn super hard car games because we don't actually want to give any of them away

FTFY
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
FTFY
That's not the way he said/thought of it.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »
That's not the way he said/thought of it.
You do not understand why "FTFY"/"Fixed that for you." is used, do you?
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2013, 11:59:44 PM »
Why? Cars have resale value. I'm no expert on this subject, but as long as the winning contestant agrees to sell the car, I'm sure a bank would lend them the money needed to pay the taxes.

My good friend Equifax would like a word with you on that subject.

Basically, bad credit, no load for taxes.  Bank likely won't budge because, in the world of money, they don't trust anyone with a 500 score to do anything.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2013, 05:32:12 AM »
Consider more unclaimed this week as players can't come up with $10,000 in taxes for them.

You wouldn't owe $10,000 up front.  The only thing you have to pay before getting the prize is the California state withholding.  Last I checked, that's 7%.  Even if you win a $60,000 car, that would be a state tax bill of $4,200.  You wouldn't owe the federal taxes until the end of the year, and that would normally give you plenty of time to sell it if you need to do so.

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2013, 11:46:07 AM »
Well, let's take it a step further, then.  Let's assume the $281,000 car returns during that week.  7% is almost $20,000 alone - enough for many new cars.  If the Dream Cars that week are these, do you think they'll get claimed?

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2013, 12:08:22 PM »
Well, let's take it a step further, then.  Let's assume the $281,000 car returns during that week.  7% is almost $20,000 alone - enough for many new cars.  If the Dream Cars that week are these, do you think they'll get claimed?
If, in the unlikely event, the contestant who wins the $280K+ car also wins $26,000 on the Big Wheel, it's possible.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html