Author Topic: Cover Up with a Shot of Expresso  (Read 3855 times)

Offline bonusguy810

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Cover Up with a Shot of Expresso
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 11:53:59 AM »
It did...and then Roger got rid of that rule in 1998 to make the game slightly easier.
Be that as it may, after Drew complained that the game was tedious they readded the other strike chips and gave the first number for free...then removed the other chips...then removed the game from the rotation entirely until returning with the current rules. All of these changes were made in an attempt to have the game take less time. If that means a greater likelihood of the contestant losing, so be it.

For the record, I respect your opinion and agree that Cover Up was changed for the wrong reasons. Had it been the one time, to surprise Drew, that would have been fine.

Yes, I know that. Changes like "3 Strikes" don't bother me, but changes like "Cover-Up" do. It would've been better, if it were on April Fools Day, as a one time joke.
If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Offline Rusty

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Cover Up with a Shot of Expresso
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 05:56:28 PM »
Five random elements is just as wrong of a price as five incorrect digits.  It's the crew and Drew having some fun, and the contestants' guesses are still communicated by covering something up.  I just don't get the panty-wadding this is causing.