Author Topic: Rich Field's GSM video on cbs.com  (Read 11086 times)

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
Rich Field's GSM video on cbs.com
« on: May 25, 2006, 06:28:34 AM »
Rich field was asked to do a few vids for cbs.com, the first one where they move the big wheel and plinko is now online on the front page at cbs.com!

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Rich Field's GSM video on cbs.com
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 10:26:10 AM »
You beat me to it....I was just gonna post this.

The ads for GSM are really numerous now...I noticed the ad at least 4 times during Letterman last night.

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 11:19:38 AM »
That's a great video Rich has done.  Although we know the wheel is heavy, it surprised me that they moved it with what appeared to be much care.  Sure can't say that for some of the other props that have suffered their share of dents and dings over the years just moving them around in the halls outside 33.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 12:09:50 PM »
Yeah, and don't forget "left out in the rain" (which game was it again?)

Offline Blissey

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 12:53:57 PM »
"don't forget "left out in the rain" (which game was it again?)"

Wasn't that "Penny Ante"?

Offline chnlsrfr4

• 6/15/2004
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 02:40:20 PM »
I asume the other time the Wheel was outside of 33 was for the Vegas shows?

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 03:09:53 PM »

chnlsrfr4 wrote:
I asume the other time the Wheel was outside of 33 was for the Vegas shows?

That's right - the only other time.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 03:24:58 PM »
Pretty interesting clip. Rich did a good job with it.

Offline logikreader

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 04:46:38 PM »
Wow, the big doors are just 1/2 size replicas?  Tre bien!  but it begs the question:  Why didn't they use the 80's color scheme then?

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 07:22:42 PM »
Rich actually emailed me earlier today and said there is a total of 14 videos he did for GSM. So be on the lookout over the next few weeks.

I wonder how much Plinko will be played for since they're using it for GSM? I doubt they'll play it for $100,000 since this isn't an MDS. I guess will find out this coming Wednesday.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 03:15:29 AM »
Wow, the big doors are just 1/2 size replicas? Tre bien! but it begs the question: Why didn't they use the 80's color scheme then?

Because if they used the original colors, then moving the big wheel and Plinko would have been a waste.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline strongbad

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 06:11:14 AM »
I can't make any sense out of that comment whatsoever.  Why the heck would it have been a waste to move the wheel and Plinko if they used the original colors?

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 10:58:19 AM »
strongbad wrote:I can't make any sense out of that comment whatsoever. Why the heck would it have been a waste to move the wheel and Plinko if they used the original colors?

I can't make much sense of it either, but maybe he means that the wheel and Plinko would stand out in front of the original colors?

I agree though - why didn't they use the purple/red/orange scheme on Price, or even the purple/orange scheme with the 1975 rainbow door scheme? Family Feud still airs to this day, and it obviously is not using a 1/2 scale replica of today's set on GSM.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 11:59:15 AM »
I was wondering about the color scheme, myself. Plinko and the big wheel changed to their current designs before the turntable and doors did. Oh well, the rest of the sets look like a blast from the past.

I don't think the doors are half size -- when I saw the replicas in person, they looked the same size to me. Maybe a tiny bit smaller, but definitely not half. If they were half size, you'd easily be able to touch the light bulbs that run across the top of the frame.

I was surprised they had to truck those two props across the lot rather than just wheel them down the loading ramp. I guess they were too big to risk them on the ramp.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 05:15:21 PM »
That video was really funny.  Great to see a backstage video like that.