Author Topic: Introduction to Season 42 Recap Thread  (Read 9118 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Introduction to Season 42 Recap Thread
« on: September 17, 2013, 05:58:08 PM »
SEASON 42

Well, its that time of year again, and time for the 42nd season of The Price is Right. Another year means another year of recapping. I have the templates almost 100% updated, pardoning the 41 YEARS atop, which should be finished some time this week.

The recaps are going to look about the same as season 41, with the bright orange background, and 42 YEARS in the same design as 41, and the fact that since Seth adjusted the settings all the recap should come out. In all likelihood, at some point we'll either phase out the fonts or fix the font problems. Do The Math and Card Game templates have been created for season 42. At some point, the showcase podiums will match when the conversion is made on the show. Remember, if someone has a suggestion or complaint about the template, we're opening to changing things and usually we go ahead with it.

As for my schedule. I changed colleges between the season 41 finale and season 42 premiere, and now living in a dorm. I will be here at 11 AM four of five days a week, but on most days, pardoning Tuesday and Thursday, expect the recap to be up around 3-5 PM. The recap threads will be posted beforehand like usual. There will be the usual two threads on the page aside from this one, the Recap Interruption schedule, if I have any events, and the Reruns one, which I will make sure I update on a more common basis.

Remember that the rules of bashing other posters and/or contestants/producers/directors/host-announcers still applied. Be wise in your word choices when you post. Simple, if you don't think it should be said, don't say it. Also, please remember that videos should not be embedded in posts. Links will be sufficient for those due to people with slow display times.

I want to enjoy this season as much as anyone else. See you all on September 23!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:02:13 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Roadgeek Adam

Re: Introduction to Season 42 Recap Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 04:45:50 PM »
Alright, I want to make some notes about a couple of behaviors running around.

1) Please, please, stop calling out people's numbers on the price of cars (either the show or other G-R.net members). This kind of behavior is like saying "you're wrong, I'm right and there's no way otherwise." The prices of a car vary based on option, and we're not in the studio. If there was a serious question of prices, there would be a lot more going on behind the scenes. So, please, stop correcting people on prices. It will not be tolerated.

2) This has been a big problem, but please, do not call out the staff in derogatory terms, do not keep insisting this rule must be changed every time it occurs. You say your opinion once and move on. Don't keep driving it down our skulls like we didn't read it the first time. SteveGavazzi and I have been editing this kind of stuff, and the people who keep doing this should consider what they write before they post.

Finally, remember, sexist, racist, or other intolerable behaviors will be handled immediately. Remember that I ask for people to think before they post. If you're worried about upsetting someone, just erase it. The recap thread is supposed to be a place to discuss the day's show. Don't make it an undesirable place to be.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 05:06:15 PM »
And I'll add, as a fellow mod of this section, please stop saying that games are rigged. We're a better site than this. S&P has been on this since the days of Dotto, 21, and it's been in effect since the Communications Act of 1960, which specifically outlined that any contest or game with intent to deceive the audience is illegal (Anderson, 1978).

These were revised from the 1934 Federal Communications Act, which were ambiguous at best about television programming. In addition, the 1934 acts exactly why Barry, Enright, van Doren, Stempel, Winn, and Geritol heads, got no prison time.

You know EXACTLY who you are, though it goes for really anyone on the site. Please stop.

/Yasha kept getting those bottles
//Don't think I'll keep my wife another day
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 12:21:06 AM »
Alright, just of note I have been suffering power surges from the wind attached to this mass cooling trend. If I lose power, god knows when we get it back, so in case, will not be a recap until I do get power.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 12:28:20 PM »
I should make a couple notes before I forget.

1) As most people know, I am applying for grad school in the fall semester of my sixth year of college (2014-15 academic year). However, the school I am applying to first is Western Illinois University. I am intending to go to the Open House in late June (June 20 is the event). In order to get there, it looks likely I will be taking the Amtrak Cardinal service to get there. This is not confirmed yet, but if it is, it will eat a bit of time for my recap. If It does occur, I will go ahead and update the Recap Interruption Schedule and I will announce how it will be handled. If not, there is still an event I will attend on June 20.

2) Right now, I have all intent to be here for Season 43 for sure. My fall semester is going to be a bit rough as I have 3 classes during Price that semester. These are a bunch of must-take classes. When the time comes, you'll have an idea when recaps are going up. However, the Wednesday schedule is going to be about what it's like now, a bit crazy and inconsistent. You'll know in early September how it's going.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 05:57:41 PM »

1) As most people know, I am applying for grad school in the fall semester of my sixth year of college (2014-15 academic year). However, the school I am applying to first is Western Illinois University. I am intending to go to the Open House in late June (June 20 is the event). In order to get there, it looks likely I will be taking the Amtrak Cardinal service to get there. This is not confirmed yet, but if it is, it will eat a bit of time for my recap. If It does occur, I will go ahead and update the Recap Interruption Schedule and I will announce how it will be handled. If not, there is still an event I will attend on June 20.

It looks highly likely that I'm going to go visit W. Illinois University now. I updated the Recap Interruption Schedule.