Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/25/2006  (Read 16823 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/25/2006
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 04:39:41 PM »
PG #1 - Even though we all knew that snowmobile was $9,188 (it was the first prize ever offered in Balance Game '06), there were too many prices in that setup that looked good.

PG #2 - Lucky Seven + Mustang = Forced loss.  Despite that, it's always great to see L7 in the 2 slot.

PG #3 - Yay!  Buy/Sell with my favorite MP cue!  :-P  :-P  :-P  I went buy-buy-sell for the full $1,200 payoff.

One-Bid #4 - "$9,000!"  Sorry--I never get tired of that joke.  :-P

PG #4 - Big-time garf on that Gold Bond cost her.  I went way over today.  My total was $25.54, thinking that the Gold Bond was $7.00 and the Os-Cal was $10.97.

PG #5 - Ugh... Pick-a-Number for a trip.

PG #6 - Ford Rangers have a tendency on this show to end in 1.  When the price came up $15,65x, I thought for sure that 1 would come up as the last number.  Good thing I was wrong.  I know there are no forced losses in Dice Game, but there were just way too many high numbers in that price to say that this setup wasn't headed for one.

Showcases - :-o  :-o  :-o  What the hell is going on here?!  Back-to-back days with DSWs?!  Three DSWs in two weeks?!

My bids - FRBS:  $27,700.  Random room/bikes:  $21,200.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 05:19:27 PM »
Ton80 Wrote:

Clearly it is time to raise the DSW "range" to $500. There definitely aren't enough Double Showcase Winners. We've only had three in the last month.

I think (and I'm sure others do too) that the DSW rule of $250 or less is fine. We have had seven DSW this season. There has also been alot of very good showcase bids.

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 05:34:25 PM »
sullim4 wrote:

I'm not up on the art of timing -- what's the time difference between Dice Game and Secret X?

None.   :-P
John

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 05:48:03 PM »

tpiradam wrote:
Ton80 Wrote:

Clearly it is time to raise the DSW "range" to $500. There definitely aren't enough Double Showcase Winners. We've only had three in the last month.

I think (and I'm sure others do too) that the DSW rule of $250 or less is fine. We have had seven DSW this season. There has also been alot of very good showcase bids.

Looks like Adam's sarcasm detector is on the fritz. ;-)
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 05:52:55 PM »
Pushover: Gee, Pushover played for a snowmobile? Never seen that before! :-P

Even without recently playing Pushover in Frank's show FOR THE SAME SNOWMOBILE, I would've guessed $9,188.. But thanks to Frank, I was quite sure Marcia stopped way too soon.

Lucky Seven: Sadly, this game was pretty much over the second Linda guessed 5 for the second digit... D'OH!

IUFB #3: Why, oh why, do people bid $1 when they aren't fourth?

Buy Or Sell: Buying the drumset was a no-brainer... Same with the dining room... But I would've sold the telescope, too... Ouch. Fortunately, Garnet did well enough with the other two prices to still win...

Showdown #1: And there's Garnet freaking out again.. Can you imagine what would happen if she were to win a car or with both showcases or something?

Check Out: She was in pretty good shape, outside of that powder.. The problem is, that powder alone cost her a win... D'OH! Just been one of those days so far...

Pick A Number: Not exactly an easy setup, but I felt 3 made more sense than the 9 or the 6...

Dice Game: You know, I really thought John was in trouble with those threes.. Fortunately for him, he got away with it...

Showcases: Even before Bob revealed the ARP, I thought Garnet had herself a pretty good bid.. I was thinking $27,000 even myself, but I thought Garnet was close - I was just a little worried about close and OVER...

I also thought Shara's bid was pretty good also (I would've gone with $19,000).. But $21,207? That was a surprise...

Of course, not that it mattered... The first thing that popped into my head was "Oh no, it'll be $27,090 or something", then "Oh, she might barely miss a DSW".. But, sure enough, Garnet wins both - and there she is freaking out again.

I'd yet to watch yesterday's episode (I'd shame you, Joe, but this is well past the 12 hour rule, so shame on me).. Back to back DSW's?! Wow...
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 06:22:55 PM »

Jordanar18 wrote:
Usually we in the chatroom reserve the MUUUUUUUUUTEs for the Hoverrounds, but in their absence, we hit the mute button for Garnet today. :-D

And it was for our own good, too. If we hadn't, our computer speakers (or TV speakers for most of you) would've busted. Man, that was annoying.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 06:30:45 PM »
Average show today.

Push Over was tough. There were several logical choices.

Garnet was a fun contestant who was very excited.

It's quite impressive that we've had two DSW's in a row.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 08:45:16 PM »
Show #6390

Showcase #1
Motorola Cellular Phone - $130
Hotel & balloon trip in Napa Valley - $2,576
Crownline 180BR 18' Bowrider - $24,625

Showcase #2
Broyhill Tropical Bedroom Group and a King Koil Comfort Sensations Sleep Set - $7,799
Kelty Internal Frame Backpacks* (clockwise):
    Red Cloud 5000 (Women) - $175
    Lynx 2750 - $100
    Red Cloud 5600 - $185
    Coyote 4750 - $150
Total of backpacks - $610
Honda CRF250X Offroad Motorcycles - $12,798

*On May 4, I mistakenly identified the backpacks as external frame.

Joe CiprianoCapitano wrote:  Remarkable! Back to back DSWs (when did that happen last, if ever?)

I think it happened in 1978.

Modeling Report for May 25, 2006
Score to beat: $73,903

Shane Stirling
Total - She's gonna break through...$80,825!
Won - $38,163 (47.22%)
Lost - $42,662 (52.78%)
Record - 6-4

Dawsonville Phire Department
Total - $26,743
Won - $22,248 (83.19%)
Lost - $4,495 (16.81%)
Record - 7-1

Brandi Sherwood
Total - $31,088
Won - $19,293 (62.06%)
Lost - $11,795 (37.94%)
Record - 4-2

All 20 prizes today totaled $121,466!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 09:49:04 PM »
Wow...the contestants were freakin' insane today.  Too bad they weren't accompanied by more wins.

Marcia was...something.  Bob's interaction with her during Push Over was hilarious.

Bob's conversation with Garnet before Buy or Sell was great.

Apparently, the audience forgot how to subtract during Buy or Sell.

On the up side, Bart seems to have finally ditched that stupid close-up of the Turntable.  On the down side, he's started with that weird zoom-in for the Big Wheel again.

It's too bad Garnet changed her spin strength for her bonus spin...I was sure she was going to win at least $6,000.

I was surprised at the way Check-Out turned out.  Fern was actually done in by the powder, as opposed to the calcium.

Pick-a-Number was hard.  There was really no way to know what the right answer was.  (Then again, I'm not completely sure Shara knew what she was supposed to be doing...although I don't really see how you can get that confused over Pick-a-Number. )

I'm glad Maurice won Dice Game -- he really seemed to understand what was going on.  It's hard not to root for someone who doesn't have to look at the audience for 1s and 6s.

Holy **** -- back-to-back Double Showcase Wins!  That was...wow.  I still can't believe that actually happened.

Frank15 wrote:

Anyone else hoping that Roger might have put Secret "X" sixth, making today a rare day with only one regular car game?

I certainly was.

BobboChung wrote:

Overall: The DSW certainly saved today's show from being pretty boring!

Considering that you clearly saw the first half, that's a pretty dumb thing to say.

Ton80 wrote:

shellgame69 wrote:

Overall: If it hadn't been for the DSW, this show would have been very dull.

Considering that you clearly saw the fir...oh, skip it.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2006, 10:27:13 PM »
What on God's green Earth did these people have to eat and drink before the show?  Wowzers.......hyper, loud, and screaming.

Push Over:  Yikes....I knew right off the bat she stopped way too early.  Sorta figured $9K for that snowmobile.

Lucky $even:  Had she not goofed the 2nd digit big time, I think she coulda had it.

Buy Or Sell:  So easy, a 3-year old could probably have won that.  But hey, we'll take easy playings of games anyday, won't we? ;-)

Check-Out:  Calcium and powder = the $$$$$ -- I forgot all about that myself in the daytime chat and lowballed the total by about $10.

Pick A Number:  As everyone else probably said.......what a crapshoot.  I was thinking the 6 myself.

Dice Game:  Wowzers.....all 5s and 6s.  Thank goodness he chose the right way on the 3s that he rolled.

Showcases:  WHOO Another DSW.  Always good to see those.

(I apologize if my lil' review of today's show is 100% pure crap.  I thought I'd try doing this for once in my life.  :-) )

Offline Vexorg

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 01:18:48 AM »
Man, they needed some Ritalin in Contestant's Row today, Garnet in particular.  And there were some tough games out there today as well.  And is it just me, or is Dice Game getting to be a bit overplayed lately?

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 06:45:21 AM »

Vexorg wrote:
And is it just me, or is Dice Game getting to be a bit overplayed lately?

It's just you.  Dice game gets an average of 28 playings per season.  Yesterday was playing #27 (I believe) of S34.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16