Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/25/2006  (Read 16871 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/25/2006
« on: May 25, 2006, 01:10:29 PM »
Production #3634K - Taped May 15, 2006 (Early)

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Brandi

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Morrell Maxie

1  Juliana Greenhouse (P)
LINDA 1200   MARCIA *1299   MAURICE 2000   SHARA 2001   ($1388)

Marcia from Fresno, CA plays PUSHOVER for a Yamaha RS90 Vector GT Snowmobile (S)

Setup:   7 9 1 8 8 5 0 2 5
Pick:    7 9 1 8[8 5 0 2]
Price:   $9188   LOSS

2  (Vectra) Home Gym/Capzasin P (B)
+Linda *1601   GARNET 975   +Maurice 1100   +Shara 1600   ($2200)

Linda plays LUCKY SEVEN for a Ford Mustang V6 (Std., ALB, Alarm, Prot)(S)

Picks:     5 7 4
Price:  $2 1 6 7 -
Bucks:   7 3 2 0     LOSS

3  Howard Miller Vercelli Floor Clock/Gold Bond Powder (S)
FERN 895   Garnet *1300   +Maurice 1   +Shara 2   ($1355)
                          STUPID BID

Garnet plays BUY OR SELL

Sunlite 5 pc Drum Set (B)               $ 867   BUY   $1267   +400
Meade LX90 GPS Telescope (S)             1574   SELL   2074   -500   -100
Johnston Contemporary Dining Group (P)   3017   SELL   2717   +300   +200   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1
$1,388   Marcia   15 + 35   .50
 2,240   Linda    20 + 50   .70
 7,653   Garnet   50 + 50  1.00  *$1000*  Bonus 80   Through to Showcase Round

4  2 (infinity) Surfboards (S)
Fern *1301   NATHAN 1100   +Maurice 1300   +Shara 1200   ($1330)

Fern plays CHECK OUT for a Beachcomber Hot Tub (All)($4495)

Fern   MSRP   Diff
Hot Pockets (2 pk)                      $ 2.29  $ 2.49  - .20
(David) Jalapeno Sunflower Seeds (bag)    1.20    1.09  + .11
Purina Cat Chow (box)                     3.00    1.59  +1.41
Gold Bond Ultimate Body Powder            2.25    5.99  -3.74
OsCal Supplement (60)                    7.00    7.95  - .95
                               TOTALS   $15.99  $19.11  -3.22   LOSS

5  (LG) 23" LCD HDTV/Frontline Plus (P)
RICHETTA 2000   Nathan 1649   +Maurice 1899   +Shara *1   ($1399)

Shara plays PICK A NUMBER for a trip to Copenhagen (6n @ First)(B&S)

Setep:   $7[ ]0 0   [3][6][9]
Pick:    $7[6]0 0
Price:   $7[3]0 0   LOSS

Barker mentioned that the "One-up" is probably the meanest thing one can do to another
contestant in the Row. The ultimate is to bid $2 when one before you has stupidly bid
$1 like Maurice did earlier - and paid the price for. That huge error may just banish him
to the "First  Four" Breakfast Club. On the other hand, since he has the last bid a crafty
bid might save him...

6  Oneida Act One Flatware/Garlique Supplement (P&S)
Richetta 950   Nathan 672   +Maurice 1   JOHN *799   ($900)

Maurice heads off to the clubhouse while John from Apple Valley, MN plays DICE GAME
for a Ford Ranger XL (Std., Stereo, Prot)(B)

[5][6]   [6]
Rolls:  $1[1][3][6][3]
                [5]      WIN!

SHOWDOWN #2
$ 1,330   Fern    15 + 60   .75   (Puny 2nd Spin; Bob-aided thereafter)    
  1,439   Shara   40 + 40   .80   Through to Showcase Round
 16,596   John    45 + 60    OV

SHOWCASE ROUND
Garnet has the honor.

SC1-Garnet   RAPUNZEL (B)
BID   $27,135   (Motorola) Cellular Phone
PRICE    27,331   Trip to Napa Valley (via Oakland; 6n @ Ink House)
DIFF      -196   Balloons Above The Valley Hot Air Balloon Rides (P)
TOTAL   $57,011   Crownline 180BR 18' Bowrider (S)
      *** ANOTHER DOUBLE SHOWCASE WINNER ***

SC2-Shara      Broyhill Tropical Bedroom Group
BID   $18,888   King Koil Comfort Sensations Sleep Set (S)
PRICE    21,027   Kelty Backpacks
DIFF    -2,139   Honda CRF250X Offroad Motorcycles (P)

Remarkable! Back to back DSWs (when did that happen last, if ever?), 3 in the last two
weeks, and 7 this season. The bookkeepers are getting dizzy. Now, if the players would
just win some games...

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6
Total Winnings: $80,004

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/25/2006
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 01:39:42 PM »
Push Over: I was thinking $8,850, but I would've been wrong. Tough luck.

Lucky $even: Ouch!

Glad to see Buy or Sell again. I'm also glad for that comeback win. That second prize was a toughie.

Glad to see Check Out as well. It was a bummer that she lost.

Pick a Number: Another tough loss.

Dice Game: Great win!

Two DSW's in a row. Incredible!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 01:53:13 PM »
Thursday, May 25, 2006

Buy or Sell- Wow. Garnet's incredibly annoying screaming made me turn down the speakers for a second. I love it when contestants are excited... just not when they scream like that.

Dice Game- Weird price. I didn't feel too good about his chances of winning, but fortunately, I was wrong.

Showcase- Are you kidding me? Two DSWs in a row, and three in nine shows! That's incredible.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Linda.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- I'm going to run out of twos if this keeps up. Or will TPIR run out of average shows... Grade: 2

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 01:54:45 PM »
I have this feeling that Garnet may have been excited to be a contestant.  Once she got up on stage, she just spent a good while shaking and shrieking, and going into more excitment fits later in the show.  Seems like we haven't had as many contestants at Garnet's level, lately.  Nice to see today, though, and nice for such a contestant to get a double showcase win!

Considering Garnet's amazing consistency with her first two spins of the big wheel, I was surprised she didn't win any money in her bonus spin.

Fern was pretty nice, too.  Really too bad she didn't do any better.

Marcia... um... she wasn't all there, was she?  Got some good stuff out of Bob dealing with her, anyway!

I had this distinct feeling that the snowmobile in Push Over might just be $9188.  Seems like we saw a $9188 snowmobile in Push Over just three days ago :lol:!

I missed the products in Check-Out today by $10.94, probably the worst I've ever done in the game.  The cat food and Oscal would've done me in.

Today's Pick a Number is the very definition of "crapshot."

Anyone else hoping that Roger might have put Secret "X" sixth, making today a rare day with only one regular car game?

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 01:59:36 PM »
Pushover: Pretty hard. I had a feeling it was $8,850, but not $9K+ material.

Lucky Seven: Too bad a great lady like Linda got stuck with this. As soon as it was the yellow Mustang, I sensed big trouble. And trouble it was (it was the $21,679 one).
I wish she could have gotten the chance to play Plinko instead.

Buy Or Sell: Pretty easy, but it's too bad Garnet didn't scream as much as when she got out of Contestant's Row.

SSD1: We got the Garnet we most liked when she won $1,000 off of the Big Wheel. Too bad she couldn't keep the hot streak going from the first two days.

Check Out: I would have majorly overpriced the calcium. I'm surprised Fern did as well as she did, considering how low her guesses were.

Pick a Number: Tough. All three numbers could have fit.

Dice Game: Today's playing was the player's high numbers playing.

Showcases: OMG- TWO DSWs IN A ROW!!!! I'm not sure if that's ever happened before- but it makes up for falling just short of doing so early last week! I'm surprised Bob didn't make note of this.

Overall: The DSW certainly saved today's show from being pretty boring!

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 02:05:07 PM »
Push Over was just plain ee-vee-eye-ell EVIL!!!!!  Probably the hardest playing of a game this season. Every possible price except $1885 was resonable to the average contestant.  Not surprised she stopped too early.

Usually we in the chatroom reserve the MUUUUUUUUUTEs for the Hoverrounds, but in their absence, we hit the mute button for Garnet today. :-D

That Dice Game win really surprised me, probably a Dob-Stopper win!

Offline KENYATTA

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 02:11:40 PM »
I don't think a DSW in 2 days has ever happen, lets hope there will be a 3rd one tomorrow.  People have made some excellent bids lately in the Showcases!!

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 02:27:45 PM »
Today was a great show. A lot of our contestants were in a good mood and so were Bob, Rich, and the models.

Here is my comment on today's games:

1. Push Over- Like some of you have already said it was a difficult playing. Usually I pick out a price that looks correct. And today nothing looked correct. I loved the fact our contestant had no clue as to why Bob was talking about snow. It was just classic to me

2. Lucky 7- I had a hunch that 1 was gonna be the 2nd number and it would kill Linda. Sure enough I was right. At least she made it to the 4th number.

3. Buy or Sell- I was a bit surprised the drums weren't more expensive. I was expecting them to be $1867. Plus I'm surprised Garnet made the wrong move on the 2nd prize.

4. Check-Out- My mind kept going back and forth predicting if our contestant would win. At first I thought she would lose. Then after all of the price reveals I was for sure she had won. Of course I was wrong. But she didn't do bad at all guessing the prices of the first three products.

5. Pick-A-Number- It was nice to see two rarely played games back to back. As for this playing I have two words: Forced Loss! Any number looked correct even the numbers that weren't possible choices looked correct. I think they should've picked the third number as the missing number.

6. Dice Game- Big Jon is the 2nd winner of the day! WOOHOO!!!

Showcases- very nice. Who knew Brandi could also be a hot Blonde??? I was kind of surprised they used a trip skin for the Hot Air balloon trip considering Brandi was holding two oversized tickets that said the same thing as the skin did. Our contestants made interesting bids, one being $27,135 and the other $18,888 Plus I was surprised Garnet won both showcases. I thought for sure she was over.

Other comments- Garnet was the best contestant of the day in my opinion. She was so cute shrieking and completely freaking out when she made it on stage. Plus everything changed for her when she got on stage. Even though she didn't win $11,000 in her bonus spin she still was the first winner of the day, she'll be taking home $1,200 in cash, and she was the 2nd DSW within the past 24 hours. Congratulations Garnet!
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 02:46:27 PM »
Push Over: A snowmobile made me think it should be the highest price. 8502 just didn't seem right at all--it wasn't.

Lucky Seven: Tough. I think picking 1-3 first and then doing all 5s would work.

Buy or Sell: The drum set was an easy buy. I would've had the same outcome. That break-even mention got me wondering if breaking even results in a loss...

Check-Out: Oooh! I had a feeling Fern was in trouble with the Cat Chow. The Gold Bond made it much worse.

Pick-A-Number: I had a feeling this was about to show up. I liked it when Shara immediately made a choice. Two forms of deja vu came about: the common [3][6][9] pattern and a price ending in 00 in this game. I think there were cheers and groans at the end of this one.

One Bid 6: These One-Ups and 1 bids are killing Maurice today. I did not want him to bid 1 on this one--maybe 700. But, the flatwear flattened his last chance to come up.

Dice Game: Goodness. Two repeating numbers? I wasn't even thinking about that until after the win.

Are you freaking serious? Another DSW?!?! Wow! I have a feeling the DSWs may outnumber the DOBs this season.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 03:20:10 PM »
Clearly it is time to raise the DSW "range" to $500.  There definitely aren't enough Double Showcase Winners.  We've only had three in the last month.  

In all seriousness, the only thing I am worried about is what these are doing to the prize budget.  I'm afraid we may not see Golden Road again until 2008!
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 03:20:20 PM »
Push Over: EVIL!  Wow, I thought $7918 would be correct.

Lucky 7: I had a bad feeling that Linda was destined to lose once the 1 was revealed. :-?

Buy or Sell: I never thought that the telescope would be higher.  

Checkout: I thought for sure Fern would win, then as soon as the AP of the Os-Cal was revealed, I had a feeling that she lost. :-?

Pick a number: Boy: I thought $7600 was correct. Talk about EVIL!

Dice Game: Wow I thought for sure John would lose once he said higher on the last digit.

Showcases: 2 DSW IN A ROW?!?!?! :-o   MY GOODENSS!! I thought both were way over, especially Garnet.  My mouth was really wide through the credits.

Overall: If it hadn't been for the DSW, this show would have been very dull.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 03:34:30 PM »
Weird moment of the day: Before today's show, I was actually thinking to myself "Wouldn't it be a kick if Pick-a-Number was played in another slot besides 4th or 6th?"   :-o

Maybe I need to play the lottery...
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 03:44:01 PM »
I agree Alfonzo.  In fact, this lineup was well scheduled by Roger.  I enjoy seeing the games in more interesting orders.

Buy or Sell second would have been real nice.  :)
John

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 04:16:22 PM »
They must be feeding the audience again.  The first half contestants were bloody nuts!

Today was a prime example of how Bob can scare someone from making money in a bonus spin.  She was on pace to hit 5, and a little extra strength would at worst land her on 15, but it went definitively to the 80.

Check-out actually wasn't all that evil and was actually quite winnable.  I'm surprised that the Os-Cal was reasonably priced

Offline sullim4

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 04:18:34 PM »
This was definitely a show where Roger wanted things lost.  Pushover was certainly not a pushover, Dice Game was probably as evil as you could have made it -- two repeating digits, both on the high end.  You just knew that Lucky $even was going to be lost when they drove the Mustang out.  Pick-A-Number was totally random, and Check-Out was pretty evil... while the 'ol reliable Hot Pockets were there (and Fern actually got the old price correct), the chewable Os-Cal was a lot cheaper than I thought.  Buy or Sell was probably the only game that had a better than 50/50 chance at a win.

And for those of you crying "save the budget!" because of these DSWs, keep in mind that the amount won for this show would have changed very little if instead of having a DSW, Lucky $even had been won.

Frank said:
Anyone else hoping that Roger might have put Secret "X" sixth, making today a rare day with only one regular car game?

That thought crossed my mind, and it would have been awesome if it had happened.  I'm not up on the art of timing -- what's the time difference between Dice Game and Secret X?