Note: these rules were copied from ClockGameJohn and sideshowPA, and have been revised to reflect new a new mod (me).Members wishing to be contestants in a show must meet the following requirements:
1) You must have been a member of the site for at least two weeks.
2) You must have made at least 15 posts total.
3) At least one out of every five of your posts in recent weeks (and at least one per week) must be in forums other than the HYO forum.
**Note: Hosts will be asked to give priority to active, quality posters over those who only post in HYO.Members who wish to begin a new show must meet the following requirements for consideration:
1) You must meet all the requirements above for being a contestant.
2) You must have participated (i.e. been called as a contestant) in at least one other show prior to hosting.
3) First-time hosts with limited experience in playing in shows in the HYO forum must start out by doing half-hour format shows until approved by Jordanar18 to do an hour-long show. (Hopefully, this will only take one or two shows.) HYO players who have played in many shows may bypass this requirement and start with hour-long shows.When applying to host a show:
1) You must submit a private-message based request. This request must include the member's name, and it should be sent to Moderator Jordanar18.
2) Potential Host Your Own hosts should also include a rough draft of the show script that includes all games to be played, prizes to be "offered" with their prices, and the source of the prices of these prizes. Experienced Host Your Own game runners may elect to omit this requirement and instead provide links to three previous fairly run & argument free Host Your Own shows.
3) Requests will be reviewed regularly and approved based on active & quality site participation along with previous hosting quality, if applicable. Requests will be kept on file for 60 days, so no more than one request per every two months please!
All Host Your Own players (along with hosts) are subject to all requirements above (as well as all other rules found in this section), and we will DQ players or discontinue shows if this becomes an issue.
Jordanar18 will be the main contact for this forum, so please do not message the big guys (Marc and John) as they have lives.There will be no more than 2 concurrent shows at one time in this forum, with the exception that Jordanar18 may host his own as a third show. Jordan may also use his discretion to appoint a "veteran" host to run a third show if there is a long line of people waiting to host.
Finally, as has always been a rule, please do not let us catch you spending all of your time in this forum. The main purpose of this site is to promote the televised version of "The Price is Right" and we ask that you contribute to our discussion forums in some way other than playing mock games.
Thanks, and enjoy your shows...