Author Topic: The Price is Right: Renty Edition's Half-Hour Premiere!  (Read 15176 times)

Offline ShatterMySoul99

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: The Price is Right: Renty Edition's Half-Hour Premiere! - SCSD
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2013, 08:31:26 PM »

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2013, 09:11:53 PM »
03F5man, spin the wheel!

It's going round and round and appears to be coming to a stop on....

ding

60 cents is what you have to beat, Shatter!

The wheel is slowing and will land on...

85 cents! Shatter, you will be joining 123123123 in the showcases!

Now, Randy, if the folks at home would like to join us here, how would they go about doing that?

Well, Renty...
If you or a guest would like to see The Price is Right in person, all you have to do is send a request to PayingTheRent's next show! Back to you, Renty!

Our showcases are coming up, following this announcement!
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Mr. Weatherman

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »
The top winner in our showcase today is ShatterMySoul99!
And...our runner up is 123123123!

Each of you will be presented a showcase of fine prizes to bid on, and the one of you who comes closest to the actual retail price of your own showcase without going over will win it! But, if you are the winner, and you are $250 or less away from the actual retail price of your own showcase, we will give you BOTH showcases! Now, Shatter, since you are the top winner, you have the option of bidding or passing on the first showcase.

Let's see the first showcase!

Shatter, your showcase is all about the country life. Living out in the country means having a big yard, and what better to use to mow all of your grass than this new riding mower!

The John Deere zero turn lawn mower...features a 54 inch deck and a 22 horse power Briggs and Stratton Engine. From John Deere!

Now, once you're finished mowing your yard, you're going to want to enjoy it, and the best way to do that is by going four-wheeling with your new ATV!

Arctic Cat delivers this beast of an ATV...the Limited 700 Edition comes with a 695cc, liquid-cooled engine, on-the-fly 2WD/4WD with differential lock, and a rear 2 inch receiver!

After you're done riding your ATV, you'll be ready for a night out on the town...and you'll be the talk of the town when you're caught driving your new truck!

The Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Edition! Comes with standard features including premium leather seats, plus a 6.7 liter Cummins turbo diesel engine and four wheel drive, the Dodge Ram!

And this showcase filled with prizes that will come in handy for your life out in the country can be yours if The Price is Right!

Shatter, that's an awfully nice-looking showcase. Do you want to bid on it or pass it on to 123123123?

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: The Price is Right: Renty Edition's Half-Hour Premiere! - SHOWCASES
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2013, 02:04:05 PM »
ShatterMySoul99 has 9 hours remaining to submit his bid.

I want to make an amendment to one of my rules in case Shatter fails to submit a bid on time, because I didn't fully consider a situation like that in the beginning...

If I buzz Shatter before he submits his bid, 123123123 will then be given his showcase, as well as the option of bidding or passing on it. If he elects to pass, Shatter will have another 24 hours to submit his bid. I feel that this is the fairest way to handle a situation like that, as I really don't want a contestant to win their showcase by default.

EDIT: (completely hypothetical, but...) If Shatter fails to submit a bid within the 24 hour period after 123123123 assumingly passes, he's out, obviously, but...123123123 will then be shown showcase #2, in which he will have to submit a bid within a $10,000 range of the actual retail price of it, similar to the '94 Davidson showcases. If he fails to submit a bid within 24 hours, he's out too, and the show is over.

I'm just trying to cover all the bases. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:17:02 PM by PayingTheRent »

Offline ShatterMySoul99

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2013, 06:49:26 PM »
Hey, sorry for the delay... just got home from work

I will bid.... $32,123.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2013, 08:55:51 PM »
Shatter bids $32,123...
ding

123123123, here is your showcase!

Your showcase begins with this new treadmill!

From Nordic Track, this treadmill features built-in HD video workouts, as well as a 40% incline for burning off calories! From Nordic Track!

After your workout, you can relax to the sound of your new CD jukebox!

Crossly presents this authentic-looking jukebox, which features a fully-automated digital song selection and 5 speakers powered by an 800 watt amp!

And when you get tired of listening to music inside, you're going to want to go outside and listen to music through the stereo of your new Mustang convertible!

The Ford Mustang GT convertible! Driving will never be the same again once you hit the road in this sports car! Comes with standard equipment, including a 6 speed manual transmission and 18 inch aluminum wheels!

And this showcase can be yours if The Price is Right!

123123123, that's a fine showcase. What do you bid?

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2013, 12:00:15 PM »
I'll say $36,002

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2013, 01:54:22 PM »
123123123 bids $36,002...
ding

We'll find out who wins after this message!

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2013, 02:29:38 PM »
123123123, I'll start with you. You bid $36,002 on your showcase.

The actual retail price of your showcase is...

$48,695

...for a difference of...

ding

...$12,698.

Now over to Shatter.

Shatter, you bid $32,123, and the actual retail price of your showcase is...

Wow.

$74,376

...for a difference of...

ding

...$42,253. You garfed, and 123123123 is our winner! You won $55,214 in prizes today! Congratulations! Drive carefully!

Renty Van Halen reminding you to help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered, if you'd like. I don't really care. It's your business, not mine. Goodbye, everybody!

NO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WERE FURNISHED FREE OR AT LESS THAN RETAIL.

This is Randy West Speaking for The Price is Right...

...a Mark Goodson Television Production!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 02:37:54 PM by PayingTheRent »

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2013, 02:43:27 PM »
Notes about this show...

Wow, Shatter, talk about a  :gotc: ... Those Dodge Rams can get pretty expensive. At least you won a car, though.

123123123, you garfed too, but at least you didn't garf as bad...at least enough to lose, anyways. Nice win in Do The Math, by the way. It was setup for a loss, but you saw right through it!

03F5man, you came close, but Triple Play can be a tough mistress sometimes...

All of you, thank you for making this a spectacular show, and I look forward to hosting another one again soon!

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
Re: The Price is Right: Renty Edition's Half-Hour Premiere!
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2013, 03:16:35 PM »
Solid first show, Renty.  Just do me a favor... try not to emulate me so much next time.  :-P

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: The Price is Right: Renty Edition's Half-Hour Premiere!
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2013, 03:19:38 PM »
Solid first show, Renty.  Just do me a favor... try not to emulate me so much next time.  :-P

I just took the best of what I saw in other shows, added my own spin, and this was the result! :biggrin: