Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/14/2013 (TPiR Season 42 Big Money Week - Day 1)  (Read 18310 times)

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/14/2013 (TPiR Season 42 Big Money Week - Day 1)
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 03:50:13 PM »
So far, Big Money Week kicks off with a big start........And Hell has frozen over with one certain game.

THE BAD NEWS:

Cover Up: Close but no cigar.......

Double Prices: My reaction after Arlene didn't pick the most obvious price: :tongue: And talk about a  :gotc:

Eazy as 1-2-3: I really got the outdoor TV (Mike must really do love those)and pool table mixed up.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Range Game: Kristy did a great job! Nice to see that game back again!

Stack The Deck: Mike's reaction after the first win in almost two years:  :tongue:

But seriously, Terrence played that to perfection! Incredible playing by him in order to get that Corolla!

1/2 Off: Cassidy also played that to perfection as well! Not only she won $100K and another grand on the big wheel, but she made a great SC bid.........I was a little apprehensive at first because I thought she might've gone over, but she did awesome!

THE BOTTOM LINE:

As we begin another gimmick this week, today's episode had some amazing wins, mostly by Cassidy and Terrence with Stack and 1/2 Off, which were the highlights of today.

I do love Carrie Kegan from Big Morning Buzz, but I thought her modeling was hit-and-miss for me. While she was a little bit "deer-in-headlights" (No offense or anything like that) when she modeled the Corolla on Stack, she didn't do as bad as I thought.

Overall, this was a great episode, and hopefully we can get more like this throughout this week.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 03:57:09 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 04:37:32 PM »
Recap up.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 05:11:16 PM »
Great to finally see Stack The Deck won! :biggrin:

What a great win by Cassidy, although this is the second year in a row that my hopes of seeing Vickyann's record broken got dashed because the DSW range is too small.  They need, need, NEED to raise the range to at least $500 or less.  Don't get me wrong, though - I really am happy for Cassidy & I really do think that her being in second place by $1 is amazing.

Great start to the week, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 05:14:16 PM »
Cassidy winning $100,000 on 1/2 Off, and getting a BMW in the Showcase on top of that, was certainly awesome.

That said, Stack the Deck actually being set up fairly and then being won was really just as awesome, if not moreso. Man, did that game seriously need that.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 05:17:41 PM »
The camera work before the showcase was bad.  When Drew was talking about how Cassidy had won $100,000, the camera was showing Arlene.  That seemed really bizarre, showing the contestant who Drew was not talking about when Cassidy was right there.

Impressive win in Stack the Deck!  This wasn't the hardest the game has ever been, but it was hard enough, still, and the GPs weren't so easy as to expect a sweep.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 05:54:46 PM »
They need, need, NEED to raise the range to at least $500 or less.

No, no, NO they don't. Is it unfortunate to see somone come as close as she did? Of course. But that is absolutely no reason to raise the limit to $500. A DSW is a special, rare occurance, and the point of having it is to reward those who are able to overcome the odds of being so close. Too many people come within $500 to justify raising the limit. All it would do is take away the rare factor of a DSW. Personally, I don't want to see one happen every week. Not to mention the hit the budget would take...
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 06:12:32 PM »
What a great win by Cassidy, although this is the second year in a row that my hopes of seeing Vickyann's record broken got dashed because the DSW range is too small.  They need, need, NEED to raise the range to at least $500 or less.  Don't get me wrong, though - I really am happy for Cassidy & I really do think that her being in second place by $1 is amazing.

I need to say something. You have been asked before on comments like this when you've brought it up in the past. Please consider the idea that people are tired of you bringing it up. If you must feel that you have to talk about this, please bring it up in The Talk is Right and please stop bringing it up here every time a close overbid or a near-DSW occurs. People are tired of it. Please.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 06:13:46 PM »
The fact that Season 39, a few years back, had TEN Double Showcase Winners and that the past two seasons didn't strike out on DSWs, is pretty much all the proof that the range does not need to be raised. It's fine as is. The next thing you know, they raise it to $500, someone misses a DSW by $5 and you'll want the range raised to $1,000. It's fine. It'll be fine until they start offering high five and six digit showcases regularly.

Wow. 1/2 Off was certainly pleasantly setup.

Wow. Stack the Deck was certainly pleasantly setup. This is what I've been asking for Mike. Thank you so much. Only the 2nd GP was what I consider hard, and it wasn't that hard. If we could have at least one more of these during the season it'd be a great balance for me.

What are the odds that Cassidy would usurp Denise from the #2 spot by a dollar. What a funny anamoly, that might not have mattered if she had padded her bid a bit and got the DSW.

You know Stack the Deck hasn't been won often when Drew includes it in a list of highlights from the show.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, 06:15:01 PM »
Indeed a fantastic win in Stack the Deck today. I had mixed feelings about 1/2 Off and the $100K win though. Great to see it won, but part of me felt it was too easy a win for so much money. I would have made the prize $50,000.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, 06:23:51 PM »
Upon review of the online closing, they didn't do anything extra special over Cassidy's $100K- I would've liked to have either seen them use the $100K Pay the Rent graphic on Door #4 (the giant plasma) or the $100K sign PtR uses during the credits.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »
Wait, isn't Vickyann from Season 35 supposed to be the biggest winner in the history of Daytime TPiR or am I confused?

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 07:34:46 PM »
Wait, isn't Vickyann from Season 35 supposed to be the biggest winner in the history of Daytime TPiR or am I confused?
She still is the biggest daytime winner. But Cassidy, today, just barely made 2nd, by a mere buck.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 08:10:32 PM »
Today show was great. & Drew did a great job as host.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 08:30:56 PM »

Do you know why the range was increased from $100 to $250 in the first place? Because the show went an entire season without anybody getting a DSW. Once that happens, then maybe an increase in the range is justified, but until then, hell no. As others have pointed out, there have been plenty of DSWs in the past few seasons...

(I'm sure somebody will tell me I'm wrong, but I could've sworn that was the logic behind the increase...)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:35:31 PM by mrbrown2195 »
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 08:52:49 PM »
Upon review of the online closing, they didn't do anything extra special over Cassidy's $100K- I would've liked to have either seen them use the $100K Pay the Rent graphic on Door #4 (the giant plasma) or the $100K sign PtR uses during the credits.
I for one would have liked to have seen them play the clangs and whoops when she won the $100K to begin with. But hey, congrats to her on her win all the same! :)