Author Topic: The Price is Right: Renty Edition's 2nd Episode!  (Read 28521 times)

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: The Price is Right: Renty Edition's 2nd Episode! - SCSD2
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2013, 12:03:41 AM »
03F5man, spin that wheel!

(beep, beep, beep, beep...)

Look at that... Look at that....

(beep)
(A little Digging)

$1.00!! You win $1,000 and will have a bonus spin momentarily!

whammy007, that's a tall order to have to beat.

(beep)

Spin again. You need a quarter to tie.

(beep)
mrrrrrrp

I'm sorry, whammy007. Thanks for being on the show!

Come on, Shatter, give it a big spin!

(beep)

95 cents... You need a nickel... Spin again...

(beep)
(More Digging)

You did it! A thousand dollars for you, Shatter, and now we move on to a very exciting spin off. Because you both have gotten a dollar, this will also be treated as your bonus spin. Each of you will have one spin, and the wheel must go all the way around, or it doesn't count, and you won't get to spin again (this won't be an issue). If the wheel lands on the 5 or the 15, you'll win $10,000. If it lands on the dollar, you'll win $25,000! 03F5man, spin that wheel!

(03F5man, I need another number between 1 and 20)
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2013, 12:24:31 AM »

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2013, 12:33:33 AM »
He gives it a big spin...

And it will land on....

(beep)
ding

Okay, Shatter, you know what you have to beat...

(beep)

30 cents isn't enough, and 03F5man will be joining us in the showcases, which will be following this important announcement!

(local severe weather update takes the place of commercials)

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2013, 01:17:31 AM »
The top winner in our showcases today, who happened to be the runner up in our last show...is 123123123!
And...our runner up today is 03F5man!

Each of you will be presented a showcases of beautiful prizes in which to bid on, and the one of you who bids nearest to the actual retail price of your own showcase without going over will win it! But...if you are the winner, and you are $250 or less away from the actual retail price of your own showcase, we will give you both showcases! Now, 123123123, since you are the top winner, you have the honor of bidding or passing on your showcase.

Gentlemen, let's see the first showcase!

(Splendido)
Your showcase begins with the lovely new living room group!

From the Cindy Crawford Home Collection, this 5 piece living group features luxurious brown leather upholstery, which will give your living room a very sophisticated and classy look while providing a comfortable arrangement for entertaining friends!

Second, we have a new bedroom group!

Beckford presents this beautiful, 5 piece cherry bedroom group. With carved features and its elegant design, this furniture will completely transform your bedroom!

...and a new mattress...

This Sealy king-sized mattress is sure to provide you with many restful nights.

And finally, you can drive away in your new car!

The Chevy Spark LS. Comes with standard equipment, plus paint and fabric protection.

And this showcase can be yours if the Price is Right!

123123123, would you like to bid on this or pass it to 03F5man?

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2013, 06:01:32 AM »
I'll bid $17,895

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2013, 12:11:46 PM »
123123123 bids $17,895...
ding

03F5man, here's your showcase!

03F5man, your showcase is all about long days at the office. When you're working at the office all day, you're going to want a snack, and what better place to get that snack than at your new vending machine!

Featuring both snacks and beverages, this vending machine is sure to take the place of the water cooler as the place for occasional co-worker conversation!

And a long day at the office should be complete with a nice, private workspace, and you and a buddy can accomplish that with your new, 2-person cubicle!

This SNAP! Office Executive Workstation is perfect for getting work done in an efficient and space-saving manner!

And finally, you'll probably want to have some fun after your long work-week, so how about hitting the lake in your new boat!

It's the 2014 Tracker Pro Guide V-175! Hit the lake in style with this 17 foot fishing boat that features a 115 XL Mercury OptiMax motor and an AM/FM/Bluetooth-capable stereo! Trailer included!

And this showcase filled with prizes that will help make office life a little easier can be yours if the Price is Right!

03F5man, what do you bid?

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: The Price is Right: Renty Edition's 2nd Episode! - SHOWCASES
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2013, 01:51:42 PM »

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2013, 02:15:03 PM »
03F5man bids $21,000.
ding

(pre-2007 main theme)
We'll find out who wins right after this!

(more storm coverage)

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2013, 02:39:33 PM »
Before I reveal who wins, I want to present a new feature to my shows that will begin with this one...

I wasn't aware that this has been done before until after I messaged Jordan with this idea, but I want to try it with my shows and see how it goes. Basically, it's CSS, except without the "C." Here's how it will work:

- All members are eligible to participate (except for me, of course), including the two stage players.

- You will submit to me via PM your bids for each showcase (just like you would to cu2010 for normal CSS) before I reveal the value of each showcase.

- You will have 12 hours from the time I repeat stagey's SC 2 bid (what I just posted; before I throw to commercial) to submit your bids.

- The points system will work exactly the same as normal CSS, with double points added to DSWs and quadruple points to QSWs.

- The only other doubler will be for when Plinko is played.

- The game will last for 5 shows, 3 of which will be 'regular season,' the 4th a playoff, and the 5th a championship.

- After 5 shows, the game will start over with a new season.

- All participants must play in at least two shows in order to be eligible to compete in the playoff round. The top 50% (or nearest number) averages in 'regular season' will move on to the playoff, with the top 50% in that round (or nearest number) moving on to the championship.

- This game is for my show only. Others hosts' shows do not count.

The game begins now, so PM me those bids! (123123123 and 03F5man's stage bids will be their bids for the game)

You have until 2:15 AM Eastern, tomorrow morning..

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2013, 07:04:35 PM »
Our calculator malfunctioned on 123123123's showcase podium, however, we corrected that mistake during the break. Instead of reading "$17,850," it now reads a correct "17,895."

03F5man, I'll start with you. You bid $21,000 on your showcase.

Actual retail price...

$33,852

For a difference of...

ding

...$12,852.

Now over to 123123123. You bid $17,580.

The actual retail price of your showcase is...

$20,955

For a difference of.............

ding

....$3,060!

You win, 123123123! You won $31,595 worth of prizes tod...over the past couple of weeks, congratulations!

Renty Van Halen, demanding you, to help to control the pet population. Get your pets spayed or neutered, or else.... Goodbye everybody!

NO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WERE FURNISHED FREE OR AT LESS THAN RETAIL.

This is Randy West speaking for The Price is Right...

...a Mark Goodson Television Production!

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2013, 07:33:54 PM »
I received a couple of bids after posting my idea for CSS, but that was it. A couple. I also failed to factor in that 123123123 and 03F5man were only bidding on their own showcases, so that probably caused some confusion. So, HYO-SS, as I'm calling it, will begin with my next show, and I encourage everyone to participate! There might be a couple of rule changes, but I'll address those at the start of the next show.

In regard to this show, I thought it went pretty darn well, if I may say so myself!

Power of 10 didn't get off to the start I hoped it would it would, but that may partially be my fault. The price structure is supposed to go $x, $xx, $xxx, $x,xxx, $xx,xxx. I didn't make that clear, and it caused Hag to price a camping oven worth only $34 at a whopping $400. I'll address this better the next time the game is played.

123123123 couldn't have played Grand Game any better! By the way, I have to admit I'm a little proud of myself with the design of the set. All of the graphics here were done in MS Paint, if you couldn't tell.

The more I think about it, I'm pretty sure Power of 10 and Grand Game directly conflict with each other.

Flip Flop was originally slated to be played 2nd, but once I decided to move Power of 10 from the stage to the turntable, I decided to switch it to third. I had a feeling it would be lost. By the way, there is one minor mistake with the design of the game, seen during its unveiling. First person to figure it out gets a first four spot in my next show, if you sign up!

Most Expensive was setup for an easy win.

Okay, so how in the hell were there 3 over bids in a row??? Over bids rarely happen on the daytime show (edited out, I'm sure), yet my show had 3!!! I'm still amazed by this.

Safe Crackers is another set I'm proud of. I wish I had used the actual logo from the show, but it was going to be too complicated to implement. Also, something about this image is strangely funny to me...

It's not too often you see a chainsaw in front of a trip skin.

I didn't mean to leave out the chip bag in 3 Strikes, but oh well. So close to being won, too.

Double Digging in the Showcase Showdown! This show was just filled with random anomalies.

I really enjoyed hosting this show, and I hope you all enjoyed watching it unfold! Special thanks to the contestants, as well as the great Randy West, and Jordan for approving of this show! Renty's Episode 3 will be coming eventually, so stay tuned!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »
I won!!!  :-)

123123123 couldn't have played Grand Game any better! By the way, I have to admit I'm a little proud of myself with the design of the set. All of the graphics here were done in MS Paint, if you couldn't tell.

Thank you very much and I want to say that I like how most of your graphics came out. I also use Paint and I know how annoying it can be at times.

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2013, 08:13:18 PM »
All of the graphics here were done in MS Paint, if you couldn't tell.

It's better than what I use - I just take advantage of being able to draw shapes and fill colors in with Microsoft PowerPoint and do it that way. Though PowerPoint does make it easier if I want to make something "animated".
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2013, 08:28:29 PM »
I want to say that I like how most of your graphics came out. I also use Paint and I know how annoying it can be at times.

Thanks! Yeah, Paint can be somewhat frustrating sometimes. I've played around with it for years, though, and have figured out all the tricks to it. I'm wanting to try paint.net with my next show, but I'm sure there will be a huge learning curve, as I have very little experience using it. Paint is far from perfect, but it gets the job done.

It's better than what I use - I just take advantage of being able to draw shapes and fill colors in with Microsoft PowerPoint and do it that way. Though PowerPoint does make it easier if I want to make something "animated".

I've tried PowerPoint, but it's a little too confusing for me. I do like the animation abilities it has, but again, it's confusing.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:31:09 PM by PayingTheRent »